As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 6/23/10: Sorry I'm Late to the Show

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Graphic Violence
Superman #700 had a nice Jurgens story that was light on Superman, but still good:


s700a.jpg

s700b.jpg

And that's about it for a big milestone book.

TexiKen on
«134

Posts

  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    T-Bolts #145, excellent issue, Walker's art reminds me now of a late Jon Bagdonov:

    And look who shows up!:

    tb145a.jpg

    I think that's Armadillo getting an enema?

    tb145b.jpg

    tb145c.jpg

    And the team's first mission is to find some Asgardian trolls who escaped:

    tb145d.jpg

    Man-Thing doesn't socialize.

    TexiKen on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Buying SB/GS should be a commandment!

    ( mine won't be in til thurs /cry)

    WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    GLC was pretty good, nothing in particular thats scan worthy except maybe the final page so

    HUGE SPOILER ALERT
    greenlanterncorps49023.jpg

    DarkWarrior on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm not a big fan of John Stewart 'suiting up' with green glowy Marine combat constructs. It looks silly.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey he's putting his heart into it.

    Heyo.

    DarkWarrior on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm not sure why that thing in GLC was treated as some big reveal at the end of the issue, when it was obvious from page one that he was going to be in the story.

    Munch on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Amazing Spider-Man gets my MotW.
    Ezekiel is actually Chameleon with the aid of Mysterio to fool Spider-Man, who's spidey sense is ont he blink due to magic/swine flu/etc. He leads him into a trap and Spidey is killed and Kraven is revived. And its pretty definitive. No 'oh, he'll get better' or 'its someone else in the suit' way to explain it away. It's Peter in the narration and shown going off with Ezek after talking to Kaine. And the death is pretty conclusive too. Gun shots, couple knives to chest, spear through stomach, ritual knife in chest again and Kraven's return.

    KVW on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sharp101 wrote: »

    I can never stop screaming.

    FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • RAGE.RAGE. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The reveal at the end of Return of Bruce Wayne gets my MOTW. With every issue, I mostly just look forward to finding out what awesome thing Grant Morrison is going to make him next.

    Speculation:

    US Marine
    Secret Agent
    Crab Fisherman
    Grizzly Bear
    Olympic Swimmer
    Ralph Macchio

    RAGE. on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    KVW wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man gets my MotW.
    Ezekiel is actually Chameleon with the aid of Mysterio to fool Spider-Man, who's spidey sense is ont he blink due to magic/swine flu/etc. He leads him into a trap and Spidey is killed and Kraven is revived. And its pretty definitive. No 'oh, he'll get better' or 'its someone else in the suit' way to explain it away. It's Peter in the narration and shown going off with Ezek after talking to Kaine. And the death is pretty conclusive too. Gun shots, couple knives to chest, spear through stomach, ritual knife in chest again and Kraven's return.

    Next issue its revealed that hes actually wearing a unique polymer
    that transportsa ll things that stab him into a pocket dimension where it does ihm no harm.

    DarkWarrior on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I also thought Weapon X was pretty good this week, it was interesting to see things from a Deathloks perspective.

    DarkWarrior on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    KVW wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man gets my MotW.
    Ezekiel is actually Chameleon with the aid of Mysterio to fool Spider-Man, who's spidey sense is ont he blink due to magic/swine flu/etc. He leads him into a trap and Spidey is killed and Kraven is revived. And its pretty definitive. No 'oh, he'll get better' or 'its someone else in the suit' way to explain it away. It's Peter in the narration and shown going off with Ezek after talking to Kaine. And the death is pretty conclusive too. Gun shots, couple knives to chest, spear through stomach, ritual knife in chest again and Kraven's return.
    Look at his last words. They're a clear indication that it was Kaine.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Dino CzarDino Czar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    KVW wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man gets my MotW.
    Ezekiel is actually Chameleon with the aid of Mysterio to fool Spider-Man, who's spidey sense is ont he blink due to magic/swine flu/etc. He leads him into a trap and Spidey is killed and Kraven is revived. And its pretty definitive. No 'oh, he'll get better' or 'its someone else in the suit' way to explain it away. It's Peter in the narration and shown going off with Ezek after talking to Kaine. And the death is pretty conclusive too. Gun shots, couple knives to chest, spear through stomach, ritual knife in chest again and Kraven's return.
    Look at his last words. They're a clear indication that it was Kaine.
    Peter even gave Kaine the "you're too selfish" speech. Kaine being the (imperfect) sacrifice is a lock and will totally play into the destruction of Zombie Kraven. Chameleon as Ezekiel was unexpected though. I did like that.

    Dino Czar on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    RAGE. wrote: »
    The reveal at the end of Return of Bruce Wayne gets my MOTW. With every issue, I mostly just look forward to finding out what awesome thing Grant Morrison is going to make him next.

    Speculation:

    US Marine
    Secret Agent
    Crab Fisherman
    Grizzly Bear
    Olympic Swimmer
    Ralph Macchio

    The next issue
    will be the coolest thing.

    Tairu on
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    John Walker as the warden?
    Songbird, Mach V and Fixer back in the T'Bolts too?
    Man-Thing being... Man-Thing??

    Fuck yes.

    Slagmire on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    King City 9 and Punisher 18 came out this week. Gotta get to the shop.

    DouglasDanger on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The ending of JLI: Generation Lost was a few parts badass and a few parts scary.
    My favorite part was when Rocket Red called Skeets "small floating plane"

    Tairu on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The Manhunter backup in Streets of Gotham #13
    Dick's totally going to bang Kate. Plus 8.

    TexiKen on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    T-Bolts #145, excellent issue, Walker's art reminds me now of a late Jon Bagdonov:

    And look who shows up!:

    tb145a.jpg

    I think that's Armadillo getting an enema?

    tb145b.jpg

    tb145c.jpg

    And the team's first mission is to find some Asgardian trolls who escaped:

    tb145d.jpg

    Man-Thing doesn't socialize.

    The only thing I'm not digging about the T-Bolts right now is Songbird's ultra-Lilith fair hair. That is the only imperfection in an otherwise awesome book.

    Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So Fixer's reaction when
    Moonstone compliments him on being a convincing Baron Zemo
    makes me think someone is going to be getting in trouble for helping out a certain crazy masked man.

    Furu on
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    T-Bolts #145, excellent issue, Walker's art reminds me now of a late Jon Bagdonov:

    And look who shows up!:

    tb145a.jpg

    I think that's Armadillo getting an enema?

    tb145b.jpg

    tb145c.jpg

    And the team's first mission is to find some Asgardian trolls who escaped:

    tb145d.jpg

    Man-Thing doesn't socialize.

    The only thing I'm not digging about the T-Bolts right now is Songbird's ultra-Lilith fair hair. That is the only imperfection in an otherwise awesome book.

    Agree x a million. The hair is jarringly bad. Interesting direction they are taking US Agent. Contrast his injuries and reaction with Arsenal's. Yikes.

    My moment was PowerGirl 13. Judd Winick manages to start off his run with a good issue that moves story fowards, and the new artist is pretty fantastic in a completely different way than conner.

    mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    So Fixer's reaction when
    Moonstone compliments him on being a convincing Baron Zemo
    makes me think someone is going to be getting in trouble for helping out a certain crazy masked man.

    I don't think that's the case, it's more that at the end of Nicieza's run:
    Songbird and Zemo were lovers, and when she sees that mask she gets all tingly. It's like how Moonstone liked Bullseye wearing Hawkeye's outfit because it reminded her of Clint.

    Basically, superheroes are kinky.

    TexiKen on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    So Fixer's reaction when
    Moonstone compliments him on being a convincing Baron Zemo
    makes me think someone is going to be getting in trouble for helping out a certain crazy masked man.

    I don't think that's the case, it's more that at the end of Nicieza's run:
    Songbird and Zemo were lovers, and when she sees that mask she gets all tingly. It's like how Moonstone liked Bullseye wearing Hawkeye's outfit because it reminded her of Clint.

    Basically, superheroes are kinky.

    We know this, Spidey and Blackcat were hooking up on the regular lights out or keeping masks on.

    cardboard delusions on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    So Fixer's reaction when
    Moonstone compliments him on being a convincing Baron Zemo
    makes me think someone is going to be getting in trouble for helping out a certain crazy masked man.

    I don't think that's the case, it's more that at the end of Nicieza's run:
    Songbird and Zemo were lovers, and when she sees that mask she gets all tingly. It's like how Moonstone liked Bullseye wearing Hawkeye's outfit because it reminded her of Clint.

    Basically, superheroes are kinky.

    We know this, Spidey and Blackcat were hooking up on the regular lights out or keeping masks on.

    I think BC demands he keeps the mask on, thats all shes interested in. So foreplay is lax.

    DarkWarrior on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is this giving anyone else the idea of an accidental superhero story, where a cosplay fetishist saves the day accidentally and tells the cops that he's a superhero because he's too ashamed to admit he was going to a party?

    No?

    Yah, me neither guys!

    Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Awwwwww yeah, Punisher vs Daken next issue.

    DarkWarrior on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Thunderbolts

    Ghost - Our supervisors are still alive, their vitals are fine, though Songbirds did spike a little whenever Moonstone got blasted.

    DarkWarrior on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The Namora one-shot was actually very good, the flow of the story was the most surprising. It never really had a lull in it, told a nice story with Namora dealing with both humans and Atlanteans, and Pichelli's art with Rosenberg's colors were top notch.

    The nicest thing about it was Namora wasn't a bitch to humans the way Namor is, despite being the same hybrid of human/atlantean. She accepts and loves both worlds. She gets a nice scene with Namorita, and a rundown of her history to this point, it was just very good.

    TexiKen on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The Namora one-shot was actually very good, the flow of the story was the most surprising. It never really had a lull in it, told a nice story with Namora dealing with both humans and Atlanteans, and Pichelli's art with Rosenberg's colors were top notch.

    The nicest thing about it was Namora wasn't a bitch to humans the way Namor is, despite being the same hybrid of human/atlantean. She accepts and loves both worlds. She gets a nice scene with Namorita, and a rundown of her history to this point, it was just very good.

    The scene with her and Namorita was very good. I was thinking at time though "but she isn't dead. She's in space, with her boyfriend, JesusNova.

    Solar on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    She got kidnapped and will probably end up dead so Nova can do the classic "Wolverine holding his dead lover" pose

    CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    She got kidnapped and will probably end up dead so Nova can do the classic "Wolverine holding his dead lover" pose

    Nah, Nova will save her. Competency is pretty much his major super-power.

    Solar on
  • DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Imho ending of the Avengers 2 was pretty awesome too:

    Apocalypse and his four horseman spawned into the avengers tower because of the broken space time continuum

    Dreamon on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dreamon wrote: »
    Imho ending of the Avengers 2 was pretty awesome too:

    Apocalypse and his four horseman spawned into the avengers tower because of the broken space time continuum
    Plus, his new four horsemen now appear to be some varation of Wolverine, Tony Stark, Spiderman and the Scarlet Witch.

    CoJoeTheLawyer on

    CoJoe.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dreamon wrote: »
    Imho ending of the Avengers 2 was pretty awesome too:

    Apocalypse and his four horseman spawned into the avengers tower because of the broken space time continuum

    That was really cool. Hopefully next issue will kick off with a massive fight scene where everyone just piles into each other.

    Solar on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    but it's Apocalypse

    the fight scene will last like 3 seconds

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    but it's Apocalypse

    the fight scene will last like 3 seconds
    He has his four horsmen. That menas the fight will last hopefully around twice that (unless someone breaths on Apoc, in which case he will fall over instantly.

    Solar on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Against the Avengers, yeah they'd be fucked against Apocalypse, isn't it usually some immense psychic that beats him?

    DarkWarrior on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Against the Avengers, yeah they'd be fucked against Apocalypse, isn't it usually some immense psychic that beats him?

    Usually. But the Avengers have Thor, and Mjolnir to the face will upset your day, I don't care who you are.

    Solar on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I dont know, Apocalypse fluctuates all over the place lately. I mostly was introduced to him from the cartoon series where was he was nigh invincible and capable of morphing and growing. Recently they explained his history which wasn't needed and he seems to get trounced a lot for the man from Age of Apocalypse.

    DarkWarrior on
Sign In or Register to comment.