As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planescape: Torment] What can change the nature of a man?

1192021222325»

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Newp, she can only be priest, not train priest. May have been a mod?

And she is voiced of course by Jennifer Hale.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Really ? I coulda done swore that Fall From Grace trained you as Cleric, but it's been a while since I played last.

And Fall From Grace is voice acted by whom?

Jennifer Hale

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Alright, a few questions.

Where the fuck do I sell stuff in the Hive?

How do I get Annah to join my party?

Is it worth it to buy
    my eye back from the Bartender in the South part of the Hive?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Oh, and how just how much INT, CHA, and WIS do I need? So far I have 18 INT, 15 CHA, and 19 WIS.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Don't remember
    Wait
    Sure, why not. I don't think it matters much but the writing's fun
    By endgame you want 24 Wis, but there's no rush to fill it up. The highest Char check is 22, but you can skip it with a Wis check so you really only need, I think, 18. Int is probably around 20-22.

• Options
    And how do I heal Morte? Poor dudes been at half health for the past ten minutes now.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Doesn't Annah automatically join you through the main storyline?

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    And how do I heal Morte? Poor dudes been at half health for the past ten minutes now.

Bandages, mostly. Isn't there a rest option or something? If so that will fill his health. You don't get a cleric for quite a while so until then you need healing items.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Bandages, clots, and rest, pretty much. I don't think there's anything that's time-sensitive, so go ahead and rest whenever your party needs it.

jothki on
  • Options

Bandages, mostly. Isn't there a rest option or something? If so that will fill his health. You don't get a cleric for quite a while so until then you need healing items.

I can't seem to rest anywhere in the Hive. I also can't find a single shopkeeper, except Fell, who won't buy anything I have.

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

I can't seem to rest anywhere in the Hive. I also can't find a single shopkeeper, except Fell, who won't buy anything I have.

There are a couple places in the hive. Usually you need to talk to people before you just sleep in their house. In the upper left quadrant of the hive there's an inn that you can pay for (or do a quest), there's an abandoned house in the upper right quadrant, mebbeth in ragpicker's square will let you, and there are other places too.

As for shopkeepers, there's a market down in the bottom left quadrant. People only buy what they deal in. Jewelry merchants buy jewelry, weapon merchants buy weapons, spell merchants buy scrolls. Some random guy buys rat tails. You have to talk to them to figure out who deals in what. Later in the game shopkeepers get less picky, but the general rule is they'll buy what they can sell.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Seeing this thread on the first page is making me want to play this for the 4th time. Or is it 5th? I forget.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    This thread makes me want to find my copy. I'm not sure I ever managed to properly finish it, I dimly recall computer crashing during those idiotic spellcasts near the end. But man, so good. This should certainly run under WINE, yes? Anyone happen to have tried? (Yes, yes, I'm a Mac user...)

• Options
    I feel like a maroon for saying this, but I'm in the Buried Village and I feel woefully underleveled. Are there any mods or cheats or anything that make's combat easier? I really am tired of getting bum rushed by hordes of flying whatevers.

• Options
    I feel like a maroon for saying this, but I'm in the Buried Village and I feel woefully underleveled. Are there any mods or cheats or anything that make's combat easier? I really am tired of getting bum rushed by hordes of flying whatevers.

Do you have it on easy? And what class are you playing as? Did you pick up a companion from the tavern?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hoo boy. Auto-correct is not helping you dispell the 'maroon' impression :P

But indeed, combat set to easiest and make sure you have the tavern companion. He makes life so much easier in a fight.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm rolling with Dak'kon. Maybe I just need to level up some more. I'll do some sidequests and what nots.
    By the by, maroon is a Bugs Bunny reference.

• Options
    Was make's a Bugs Bunny reference too?

If there are quests that you can pick up, there's no reason not to. The quests are fun, run around talking to people and see what you can find. If you've got it on easy you shouldn't be having trouble, so probably there are quests and plenty of exp for you to pick up.

• Options
    Not sure if you'll get it by this point but you can get a surprising amount of XP simply from talking to your party members every so often and triggering memories.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    How do I get into the Drowned Nations?

• Options
    Through either the Dead Nations or the Warrens of Thought.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Used the Dead Nations doorway.

Holy shit the combat in this is terribad.

• Options
    I know. I found the spell Cloud Kill was the answer to many a combat issue but it still sucked balls. I'm surprised there isn't a mod that removes it entirely.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I wouldn't want something that drastic, but a godmode or a better UI for some quick spellwork would be nice.

• Options
    I've finally got Annah, and I'm stopping for the night. Still don't have a healer of any kind, and with this bassakwards UI I don't even know how useful one would be.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    AqBCvsgCIAEYIfn.jpg:large

From back to front:

Scott Warner (Designer/currently Lead Game Designer on Halo 4)
    Colin McComb (Designer (also worked on the PnP version)/Now works on this (book) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3lbgames/oathbreaker-the-knights-tale-fantasy-by-colin-mcco
    Chris Avellone

C2B on
  • Options
    http://kotaku.com/5935737/the-guy-who-made-planescape-torment-tells-us-what-a-spiritual-successor-would-look-like

Kotaku asked Avellone what a spirituel Planescape sequel would look like. Also important bit to take away from it:
    Chris Avellone: [Game development studio] Obsidian has talked about Kickstarter for some time. Not to put myself or Planescape down, but the range of ideas we've had internally for a KS are, IMO, better than doing a spiritual successor to Torment, and it involves more of the powerhouses in the studio rather than turning me into the Nameless One.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Eurogamer has a post-mortem podcast up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-22-planescape-torment-a-podcast-post-mortem-with-the-games-makers

The following people are featured

Chris Avellone, the lead designer of Planescape: Torment, and currently chief creative officer at Obsidian Entertainment
    Colin McComb, Avellone's second, if you like - the second designer on Torment after McComb's own PlayStation Planescape game "got rolled up into it". Now commands an iPhone App company called Three Pound Games, and also writes the Oathbreaker series of fiction
    Adam Heine, scripter on Planescape: Torment, now living in Thailand "fostering 10 billion kids" and writing science fiction and fantasy for young adults (the final post on the official Planescape: Torment website concerns Heine's departure, and it's written by...)
    Scott Warner, then a junior designer on Planescape: Torment. Now, lead designer of Halo 4

C2B on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Chris Avellone is great. I want to squeeze his mind grapes into fine wine and drink it with some Tim Cain brain cheese.

Although, they kind of already have spiritual successors to Planescape: Torment with KotoR2 and Mask of the Betrayer so I'd really like Avellone/Obsidian to work on some new ideas. However, if someone does decide to do an Enhanced Edition of PS:T then I hope Avellone gets asked back to finish some of the incomplete/cut content.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I'm not a tabletop gamer but I would love if Chris and company did a Ravenloft RPG. Lots of stuff there to tell stories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3ECTuXDP4

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Although, they kind of already have spiritual successors to Planescape: Torment with KotoR2 and Mask of the Betrayer so I'd really like Avellone/Obsidian to work on some new ideas. However, if someone does decide to do an Enhanced Edition of PS:T then I hope Avellone gets asked back to finish some of the incomplete/cut content.

There's not really much cut content left in PS:T. Especially with Qwinn's patch.

http://tcrf.net/Planescape:_Torment

About the other thing
    Chris Avellone: [Game development studio] Obsidian has talked about Kickstarter for some time. Not to put myself or Planescape down, but the range of ideas we've had internally for a KS are, IMO, better than doing a spiritual successor to Torment, and it involves more of the powerhouses in the studio rather than turning me into the Nameless One.

C2B on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Just started playing this. Any recommended mods besides the 2 in the op?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    anoffday wrote: »
    Just started playing this. Any recommended mods besides the 2 in the op?

Follow the excellent guide over at GOG.com for not only the files, but the order things need to be installed to ensure they work well together. I've played through the game twice with these mods on a modern system and suffered no technical issues.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA