As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AGoT] A Game of Thrones boardgame - Pbp #1

• Options
    MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dirtb.. er.. Lannister is up.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    It's important to remember that your supply limit is never affected by single units. A single unit never creates an army that requires supplying. Only a space with more than 1 unit constitutes an army that counts against your supply limit.

If that doesn't make it more confusing, I don't know what will. :D

Shushnik on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dirtbag reporting!

Both the footman and knight from Lannisport march north to Riverrun

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    edit: to Shushnik

That point I actually totally got. I had just, for some reason dremaed up a rule where each city/stronghold sort of had its own local supply limit. Which doesn't make a lot of sens I know. Think I'm clear on it all now though.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    jakobagger wrote: »
    edit: to Shushnik

That point I actually totally got. I had just, for some reason dremaed up a rule where each city/stronghold sort of had its own local supply limit. Which doesn't make a lot of sens I know. Think I'm clear on it all now though.

Got it.

The only sticky point is trying to muster into an area with a single unit when you're at your supply cap. It can happen, I played a game that had three mustering cards in a row.

If that ever comes up, it may be your only option to upgrade the footman because you can't support creating another army. So, your question definitely had merit. :)

Shushnik on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Question:

The supply rules have some specific and harsh consequences if broken (you immediately lose units that can't be supplied, if the error is noticed after the fact)

Are we abiding these rules, or will we be allowing some reworking of units because of new player should anything be overlooked?

Shushnik on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I can manage, but I'm cool with whatever we decide.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There shouldn't be an error after the fact with me double-checking. But I think we should play by the rules.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Stark is up. And I'm heading home.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    March Knight from Winterfell to Moat Calin
    March Footman from Winterfell to Karhold

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Martell
    Greyjoy
    Tyrell

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    After those 3, Baratheon has a 3rd March out. The map is up.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    March the footman in SaltShore to Yronwood, leaving a power token in SaltShore

Shushnik on
  • Options
    The CrowThe Crow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lord of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, Lord Reaper of Pyke, captain of the Great Kraken, Balon Greyjoy sits upon the Seastone Chair. Both of his children and his three brothers gather around him. They wait for his decision, but all know that this is just a formality, that there can only be one outcome with Balon Greyjoy involved.

"Call the banners and ready the Iron Fleet," Balon says, "We go to war."

Knight and Footman march from Pyke to attack Lannister at Riverrun.

The Crow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kinda wish I knew I couldn't put an order where there wasn't one with the raven.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So the first strike is made.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think it's me first anyway? Does the battle need to be resolved before I move? I'm assuming yes.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yes, the battle is resolved first.

Just PM me the card you use, then post your pre-card strength (accounting for any support you might have) and that you've submitted the House card you're going to use.

After the first card is in, the second player in the fight can just post to everyone which card they use. The first player can then reveal their card (which I can verify by the PM sent to me.)

That way you don't have to wait for the mod to resolve your battles.

Edit: The reason for posting your own strength is that a player can forget about support sometimes, and it's part of the game. It's not up to me to make sure you don't forget something. :)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kinda wish I knew I couldn't put an order where there wasn't one with the raven.

From the stuff I put in OP:
    #1 spot gets the Messenger Raven token which allows them to replace any one of their orders with another they did not place on the board, after all orders are revealed.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I know a lot of you guys are new players, so here is a general tip -- messenger raven or no, always place an order on a place where you have guys, unless you are using all your orders elsewhere. Even if you don't expect to be attacked, a defense or support order does nothing to hurt you and will help you in case you are attacked.

EDIT: My pre-card combat strength is 5: Footman (1) + Knight (2) + Supporting Ships (2) = 5.

My character card has been sent in.

The Crow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Perfect. And now Lannister would say:

Strength 3, and my card is Tyrion Lannister (2, with a fort)

Greyjoy would come back with: My card is House Blacktyde Captain (1, with a fort)

6 to 5, Greyjoy wins. No casualties, so Lannister retreats. The units become routed, which makes them strength 0, they cannot move, and if they are forced to retreat again they are destroyed.

Retreat to Harrenhal, Stoney Sept or Lannisport?

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Harrenhall

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Bold move by Greyjoy, if those are the actual cards. Balon's got a big pair on him.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Updated the map (expect it in an hour.)

Tyrell is up.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Question: Can I use my VS blade to give +1 to someone who isn't me?

The Crow on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Nopers

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Knight from Dornish Marches to Oldtown

Footman from Dornish Marches to the Boneway

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Battle in the Boneway: strenth 0
    Card sent to Mordenthral

jakobagger on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Strength 0? Does that mean your footman is retreating? :D

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I..hope not? Aren't the cards resolved first?. But if it's illegal I guess I'll have to send the knight as well/instead.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pretty sure it's legal, just not exactly optimal for the attacker.

The Crow on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    It is, I was just being a smart ass. :D

The delay is that I never got my cards. I couldn't find them in the OP, so I guessed they must be in the PM from Mord, which I never received upon replacing Gene.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He means, you moved in a footman which has a strength of 1. So your strength is 1, not 0.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What about the march modifier?

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jakobagger wrote: »
    What about the march modifier?

Yeah, I just brought up the map. You're correct, 0 strength. :)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Incidentally, are you leaving a power behind in Dornish Marches?

This will be the last time I ask and will assuming 'no' if you guys don't mention it in the future.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    what's our policy on takebacks? I think I've made a brainfart... (if they are allowed I would like to swap the knight and footman's moves)

Not leaving power token in Dornish Marches either way

jakobagger on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok then, you should be Strength 1 because of the knight replacement

1 defending footman = Strength 1 used the card: Arianne 0 - - If you lose this battle, you may immediately kill one of your opponent's units that participated in the battle. If that was the last enemy unit, you must still retreat, but your opponent is not considered to have taken that area.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Man I'm retarded. Oh well.

I played Ser Loras Tyrell - strength 2 - immediately kill one of your opponents footmen

jakobagger on