As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pages randomly fail to load completely

SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzyRegistered User regular
For the last couple days I'll sporadically have a page not load completely. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when it happens, other than it always being in a topic and not an index. *EDIT: nevermind, just got it a couple times on the main index*

I think it's usually the footer that's missing/incomplete, though I didn't think to keep track until a few minutes ago. I also saw the topic review in the posting window get cut off in the middle of a post once.

The last time it happened I checked the activity log, and it said "bad server response". I'm using Safari; I've tried using Firefox for a while and haven't noticed it happen, but the sporadic nature of the bug (a few times an hour maybe) makes it hard to say if this means anything.

Smasher on

• Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    this is happening to me in firefox 2.0 as well (in fact, it happened as i was trying to reply to this thread (!!!))

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was actually going to make this thread a few days ago, but thought it was just me.

Sometimes it's just the footer, post reply/page number part and other times it's half of the page completely, just cut off.

Like this...

Picture1-5.jpg

ascot on
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm getting the same thing using the newest version of Safari.

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    well with me it's both that, and often (really often) a blank white page.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ditto, constantly have to use the top links on a page to navigate due to the bottom not loading in, using Safari.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    weird. i had this problem maybe a couple of weeks ago, and then it just suddenly stopped. i figured alpha had done some awesome tweaking. i'm on Firefox 1.5.0.9.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This is a bug that affects our ad servers as well, so when it crops up I jump on it pretty fast.

Älphämönkëy on