As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HTC Evo or iPhone 4?

2»

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The Evo got an update yesterday that has improved battery life.

It's battery life is far better than it was last week. It could still be better, but I haven't had to plug in yet today, where-as all last week I've had to had my phone plugged in all day.

Buddies on
  • billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The update that the Evo got has substantially improved battery. It's been off the charger for about three hours, with an hour of that seeing usage, and it's still sitting at 90 percent.

The funny thing is, even though I live in an area with 4G, it's not even a draw for me. I rarely turn it on.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to stay with the Evo. I'm hoping Apple updates their iPod Touch soon so it has the same screen/design as this new iPhone, and then I can just pick that up.

billwill on
    I hate you and you hate me.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i was under the impression the iphone4 had some pretty big-deal breaking design flaws
    the glass and the antenna being the biggest

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i was under the impression the iphone4 had some pretty big-deal breaking design flaws

If you don't want to use a case, they're pretty big flaws, but manageable. If you want to use a case, they're unnoticeable.

admanb on
  • EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    admanb wrote: »

If you don't want to use a case, they're pretty big flaws, but manageable. If you want to use a case, they're unnoticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3Ogt2L44Q

Shouldn't have to pay more money to make a 300 dollar product work.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    EliteLamer wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Shouldn't have to pay more money to make a 300 dollar product work.

ransim on
  • billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    To be completely honest, I think the antenna issues on the iPhone are overblown.

Anyway, I have already reached a decision, so unless you have something new to add, let's refrain from rehashing the same few points, yes?

billwill on
    I hate you and you hate me.
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have an iPhone 4, I have had no issues with the antenna because I don't hold my phone that way. I'm actually having trouble making the glitch happen so I'm not concerned. I highly doubt I'll ever even bother holding it up to my ear since the headphones with the mic are pretty neat and work well. If you hold your phone the way way it causes the glitch that'd be a problem but it's not the case for everyone.

I'm likely going to get a case like I would for any other similar device. If I had a Blackberry Touch or The Incredible I'd still get a case as well just to be safe. I don't spend $200 on a device to not spend $30 to protect my investment. Hell, I have one on my cheap lil iPod mini just in case I drop it.

As for the plans, I'm saving money because we went with the limited data plan as we're always near wifi and will unlikely ever need to go over 200mb. We might end up having to up our minutes as most of our family is still on Verizon but we're giving the first month a go on the 700 min package first.

On Verizon we had the same minute plan with unlimited texting and one smartphone and it cost us $130, the same thing we're paying with AT&T now. Since we would have added one more smartphone it would have cost us more to stay with Verizon. I can't speak to Sprint's cost but it's pretty easy to compare pricing side by side.

Edit: That took so long to type I'm way late with this post now lol.

VisionOfClarity on