As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Musical Chairs - Day 9, solo win for the village idiot!

• Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    bratr wrote: »
    Shushnik wrote: »
    Ultarune, who is that angry little girl and why does she look as if she's about to devour my soul? Dude, change that avatar. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...

You obviously have no younger siblings

None that are condensed evil, no

Shushnik on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is an odd odd thing you're doing Mr. D. Getting voted out for the good of the Phalla? And if your power really merits you getting voted out, there'd be no reason to withhold it. Why not tell people what it is so they can make an independent decision to vote for you?

I can't imagine why you'd abandon victory conditions anyway. There's a hidden agenda here. I don't care for your fishy tricks, CARP.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mwhahahaha

I mean

nah I rather not get voted out now. Suckas

!OS

M.D. on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ok so if I am removed then the ability is only removed from the faction i'm currently with?

there is some confusion as to how the switching will be done so I will clarify.

I sent out 24 role PMs last night. tonight people will recieve new role pms. those role PMs will be personally copied and pasted (in their entirety) from previous role PMs by me and my team of dedicated technicians. Role PMs contain information on alignment and powers.

there is no possibility for one faction to gain the upper hand in ability balance solely through the random switching of roles.

also, this game started off as balanced as a faction game with random redistribution can be.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    most role PMs are virtually identical in format

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    ok so if I am removed then the ability is only removed from the faction i'm currently with?

there is some confusion as to how the switching will be done so I will clarify.

I sent out 24 role PMs last night. tonight people will recieve new role pms. those role PMs will be personally copied and pasted (in their entirety) from previous role PMs by me and my team of dedicated technicians. Role PMs contain information on alignment and powers.

there is no possibility for one faction to gain the upper hand in ability balance solely through the random switching of roles.

also, this game started off as balanced as a faction game with random redistribution can be.

I was actually refering to your quote in the op that says voting a player out will permenantly remove that players ability from the game.

So my question is, based on perfect balance at the start, say there are 2 of each role to balance the teams. Would voting me out remove my power from both sides or simply from the team I am currently on?

M.D. on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    !Jdarksun because the blah blah ba blah day 1 random vote.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Once a person with role PM #19 dies to the vote, I will no longer distribute role PM #19

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my team of dedicated technicians.

alcohol.jpg

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ultarune, who is that angry little girl and why does she look as if she's about to devour my soul? Dude, change that avatar. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...

It is Wu-tang girl, she ain't nothing to fuck with.

wutang21.jpg

Ultarune on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My understanding of the rules is that, if a player is removed from the game whatever role they have at the time (including their alignment) is removed with them. All the survivors get (potentially) new roles with (potentially) new abilities and a (potentially) new alignment.

Locus on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    Ultarune wrote: »

wutang21.jpg

That's pure awesome. I rescind my request for avatar change. :D

Shushnik on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

wutang21.jpg

That's pure awesome. I rescind my request for avatar change. :D

That little girl is the only one being gansta.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    Hell yeah. The Wu Tang shirt totally puts it in a different realm. Of course she looks like she'll destroy you utterly if you so much as question her. She's hardcore thuggish.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i request he change to the little dark boy

M.D. on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Toxic Toys because his avatar sucks.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Although Shusnik's is also pretty bad.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Locus for sharing the first and last letters of my name. And the C!

The nerve of it.

You're next, Sabs. ;-)

Lucedes on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Proof that Ultrarune Is Always Evil™.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

That Ultrarune bastard is always evil and should be voted out at once. However, I, Ultarune, have only ever been evil in the hunter mini, I've been neutral/survivor once, and good/villager in every other game.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

That Ultrarune bastard is always evil and should be voted out at once. However, I, Ultarune, have only ever been evil in the hunter mini, I've been neutral/survivor once, and good/villager in every other game.

but the one time you were evil, you were quite evil

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Lies, blatant lies, all of it lies

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Eh, if you read the proboards my over the top approach almost sunk our ship, so I'm pretty shitty at playing evil. I was happy we won just so I wouldn't feel responsible for causing our loss.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was kind of sad that my role pm in Hunter only gave me my name. I would have liked to have known I was the Mayor! That could have been fun!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Say Ringo, I was kind of wondering how I ended up on your grudge list? I just don't remember doing anything grudge-worthy to you is all.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's the GaGaPhalla. Everybody who voted out the neutral seer (me) and gave the game away because of it.

I need to remove about half the people on it I think...

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

wutang21.jpg

I'm not sure I want to know which dark corner of the Internet you pulled this picture from.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Voteclosasaurus
    Tyrannosaurus-rex_1.jpg

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

wutang21.jpg

I'm not sure I want to know which dark corner of the Internet you pulled this picture from.

I saw it some years ago in a social entropy image thread. Typed "wu-tang girl" into goggle image search and found it at the hebrewandgreekreader website, whatever that is.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That should be more of a sedentary dinosaur. That's more Inactivasaurus Rex.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Day 2

Jim Santorelli: That was a tense round, at first I thought everyone was going to make it but then I realized that the game was against the players

Todd Covington: Not just the game, but math itself

Jim Santorelli: Indeed! it looked like there one player was being pushed to the sidelines until some influential members decided to step in and take charge. Orange Soda was pushed to the outside and left standing chairless. tough luck as Continental Association for Ritual Pugilation takes the first casualty of the night.

Todd Covington: But it wasn't over with that, there was some malfunction in the transdimensional gateway from the nearby government facility that apparantly caused a wormhole that sucked in two chairs to dimensions unknown!

Jim Santorelli: Todd, you can clearly see some players maliciously removing extra chairs in the replay.

Todd Covington: The worm holes have learned how to hide amoung us! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES....

Jim Santorelli: Anyway, it looks like both The Anonymous and romanqwerty of the International Georgian Unified Association of Naval Astronomy suffered from major fall injuries and had to be taken away by stretcher. A rough start as one team gains a slight lead.

The Eliminated Players:
    Orange Soda - Prankster
    The Anonymous - Veteran
    romanqwerty - New Guy

Now, lets get back to the game!

Vote for the first victim in Red

Vote closes Thursday at 9:00 PM EST

Roles going out now

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just settled into the new place and set up the computer with internet, did I miss anything

edit; hey look narration

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Definitely voting for The Anonymous.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Definitely voting for The Anonymous.

You mean the one who just died?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !RMED as a placeholder, for having a name that's obnoxious to type.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Must be, I'd like to say it was my fault any of those players are gone, but it isn't.

Now time to wait for the person who got Mr. D's power to reveal themselves and we can start a bandwagon again

bratr on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    All Roles and PMs have been sent out.

in less than 10 minutes.

Let me know if you did not recieve one as I am having some intermittant connection slowdown problems.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Retract The Anonymous in case its required.

Definitely voting for Look Out it's Sabs!.

That will teach you to point out my mistakes!

Ultarune on
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Still awaiting LoserForHireX's Wrath

bratr on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Retract The Anonymous in case its required.

Definitely voting forLook Out it's Sabs!.

That will teach you to point out my mistakes!

Hey you should be thanking me for taking care of TA for ya!

Look Out it's Sabs! on