Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[STEAM] Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

1434446484961

Posts

  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Oh god.

    DMC4 can run on my integrated graphics card.

    What perversion hath wrought this monstrosity?
    It also alt-tabs properly. With loading notifications and everything, IIRC.

    Monger on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone know how the Telltale adventure games fare on PC vs consoles? I've got a PS3 and I'm somewhat of a trophy whore, so I'm more inclined to skip this Sam & Max sale and one day perhaps buy the games on PS3 if they have trophy support and play just fine on the console.

    Of course, gameplay comes first and if they run better on PC then I'll naturally pick them up there instead.

    Lucascraft on
  • ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Give me some reasons to get this 90% at metascore Freedom Force. I know nothing about it.

    Arenow on
    steam_sig.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Oh god.

    DMC4 can run on my integrated graphics card.

    What perversion hath wrought this monstrosity?

    Well, it runs in ASCII.

    @ May Cry.

    Lawndart on
  • FatsFats Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    People's fond memories of it raping you, obliterating your men before you even understand what's going on, sounds like total bullshit. That doesn't make the game hardcore it makes it a nuisance that can go suck a dick.

    Why? The entire premise of the game is the player, a brand new commander, leading some under-equipped rookies against advanced, unknown aliens. Being decimated when you first get out there pretty well simulates that. There's very little actual bullshit involved.

    Fats on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arenow wrote: »
    Give me some reasons to get this 90% at metascore Freedom Force. I know nothing about it.
    you get to beat the shit out of nazi's (in the sequel) with super heroes you have created.

    they are extremely good games (although pretty old now)

    Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wonderfully Cheesy Golden Age Super Hero Strategy RPG. Sold yet?

    EDIT: And in the original you get to beat up commies!

    Sorenson on
  • FatsFats Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Anyone know how the Telltale adventure games fare on PC vs consoles? I've got a PS3 and I'm somewhat of a trophy whore, so I'm more inclined to skip this Sam & Max sale and one day perhaps buy the games on PS3 if they have trophy support and play just fine on the console.

    Of course, gameplay comes first and if they run better on PC then I'll naturally pick them up there instead.

    They're pretty much the same on all platforms, you'll be fine on the PS3.

    Fats on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arenow wrote: »
    Give me some reasons to get this 90% at metascore Freedom Force. I know nothing about it.

    If you enjoy old comics, it's a must buy.

    If you enjoy real-time squad-based strategy games, it's a must buy.

    Because it combines the two in a really entertaining way.

    Lawndart on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arenow wrote: »
    Give me some reasons to get this 90% at metascore Freedom Force. I know nothing about it.

    ken_levine1266809874.jpg
    Look at that guy. Look at him.

    Monger on
  • ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sold!

    This week i've bought so many games, I might have spent... 20€?

    Arenow on
    steam_sig.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arenow wrote: »
    Give me some reasons to get this 90% at metascore Freedom Force. I know nothing about it.

    for freedom

    SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Arenow wrote: »
    Give me some reasons to get this 90% at metascore Freedom Force. I know nothing about it.

    If you enjoy old comics, it's a must buy.

    If you enjoy real-time squad-based strategy games, it's a must buy.

    Because it combines the two in a really entertaining way.

    In Freedom Force vs the Third Reich, my superhero squad went back in time and fought jetpack nazis, and during that time my team was fighting a tank. I had 'The bullet' running around the tank, leading it's gun, using 'The Ant' to pick up and hurl cars at it. The bullet ran past The Ant who was about to pick up a car. The Tank fired just after I ordered The Ant to quickly burrow underground. The shot barley missed the Ant as he ducked underground and the shell blew up the car he was about to pick up.

    God damnit I want to re-install this.

    Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    The Freedom Force pack is kinda interesting, but I think I'm just gonna wait and see what shows up tomorrow.

    For less than $2, it's worth it just to revel in the Kirby pastiche art design.

    Plus, the last day of the sale will almost certainly just be a second chance greatest hits deal.

    I always liked the look of Freedom Force, but for some reason when I tried the demo it didn't work in my computer. Might try again, and buy if it does work... it seriously looks hilarious.

    Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Important Question: We are confident that the sale does not end at 1pm tomorrow, right? It will reboot the daily sales (possibly with a best of recap) and run one more day?

    I want Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2, but I also want Batman and Last Remnant and Gyromancer and Deus Ex so it makes more sense to get the Square Enix Eidos Collector's Pack than the deeper discounted titles on special today.
    Peewi wrote: »
    It has finally happened. I have rebought a game just to have it on Steam.

    With all the games I've bought I should be able to go a month without buying anything new. Unless it's a really good deal.

    What game?

    Iolo on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just downloading the demo for Freedom force. I want the entire pack or is just one of the games enough?

    Big Classy on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Iolo wrote: »
    Important Question: We are confident that the sale does not end at 1pm tomorrow, right? It will reboot the daily sales (possibly with a best of recap) and run one more day?

    I want Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2, but I also want Batman and Last Remnant and Gyromancer and Deus Ex so it makes more sense to get the Square Enix Eidos Collector's Pack than the deeper discounted titles on special today.

    As mentioned previously in this thread, Steam folks posted on Facebook that the sale runs until 10AM Pacific time on Monday.

    Lawndart on
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Just downloading the demo for Freedom force. I want the entire pack or is just one of the games enough?

    the pack is only 40 cents more, so I would recommend you buy both even if 3rd Reich was a terrible game, which it is not

    Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Just downloading the demo for Freedom force. I want the entire pack or is just one of the games enough?

    The entire pack is two goddamn dollars.
    TWO DOLLARS!
    80s_movies_4.jpg

    Lawndart on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Just downloading the demo for Freedom force. I want the entire pack or is just one of the games enough?

    The entire pack is two goddamn dollars.

    You cannot be that poor.

    You clearly have no idea how many games I've already bought :P

    In any case the demo for the first one is apparently incompatible with my version of windows o_O
    I have XP, most stuff works.

    Big Classy on
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Hey, I just realised. It's been a while, but if I re-installed FF vs TTR, could I make a crack superhero squad of Flying Abraham Lincon, Gene from God Hand, Johnny Bravo and The Nega-Pope?

    I can't remember how in depth the character creator is.

    Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    You cannot be that poor.
    You have been following the same Steam sale as the rest of us, right?

    Monger on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Or I could skip the DMC altogether and pick up witcher and maybe another $5-10 game will show up that interests me in the last day.

    Skip DMC and get Beyond Good and Evil and Freedom Force for cheaper!

    I'm sure Beyond Good & Evil is a great game, but the PC port is pretty bad. A while ago I wanted to get back into it despite graphical glitches, but gave up because it had been so long since I played it that I had no idea where to go and I didn't want to start over either.

    Peewi on
    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping that it is, in fact, a "best of" sale and that I can snag Majesty 2 since I missed it earlier this week.

    I'm also a bit disappointed with this sale. Here are a few of my own personal disappointments:

    -- PopCap games never went lower than 30% off. I'd totally buy Peggle if it were in the 50-60% range.
    -- Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines never went on sale
    -- Sid Meier's Railroads never went on sale
    -- Alpha Protocol not quite as low as I would like

    Lucascraft on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just thought I would throw this out in bold

    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN M&B YOU MIGHT AS WELL SPRING THE EXTRA $5 FOR WARBAND BECAUSE IT IS JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT BETTER

    There.

    Foolish Chaos on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping that it is, in fact, a "best of" sale and that I can snag Majesty 2 since I missed it earlier this week.

    I'm also a bit disappointed with this sale. Here are a few of my own personal disappointments:

    -- PopCap games never went lower than 30% off. I'd totally buy Peggle if it were in the 50-60% range.
    -- Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines never went on sale
    -- Sid Meier's Railroads never went on sale
    -- Alpha Protocol not quite as low as I would like

    If that goes on sale tomorrow I'll be so so glad. It'll never happen though.

    Big Classy on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    You cannot be that poor.
    You have been following the same Steam sale as the rest of us, right?

    TWO DOLLARS.

    But seriously folks, that's less than the cost of any number of cheap foodstuffs.

    And you can beat up Commies and Nazis.

    Lawndart on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Freedom Force is actually really good. I wasn't gonna get it, but for 2 dollars I can't pass it up. Plus I never owned Vs the 3rd Reich so this will be a chance to play that one.

    Lucascraft on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want vampire::: to go on sale because it seems like something I might adore but I've never played something like it.

    finally installing The Void. decided it might be time to play some of these games I've been getting such great deals on.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I assumed we'd all given up on that game ever being on sale again.

    Also, guess it's about time to haul out the backlog challenge thread again so we can all talk about how we failed it again because of another steam sale

    initiatefailure on
    I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vampire is an interesting thing.

    The game out of the box is a bit buggy and unstable, but most of that has been taken care of by the community via mods and patches.

    But the truly interesting thing is that it uses the Source Engine, and the game was actually completed well before Half-Life 2 was. But since Valve wanted HL2 to be the herald of the Source engine, Bloodlines had to be put on ice for like 4-6 months.

    And one would think that since there was a mandatory hold put on the release of the game that they would've taken that time to preen and perfect their product. I'm not really certain why it was released in the buggy state that it was, considering there was a fair amount of time between when the devs had it completed and when they were legally allowed to release it.

    Lucascraft on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    I want vampire::: to go on sale because it seems like something I might adore but I've never played something like it.

    It's such an awesome game, especially now that there have been enough fan patches to correct the more egregious bugs and glitches.

    I mean, it's well worth $20 but since Troika is dead as a doornail I can't play the "support the developer" card. It does suck that Steam has trained its customers to not buy things unless they're on sale, though.

    Lawndart on
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Eugh I wish BC2 was more than 33% off. That's hardly a sale at all, but I REALLY love the original battlefield and want more of that style game.

    When you say original Battlefield, you mean 1942, right? Because my understanding is that BC2 has evolved so much that it isn't really anything at all like the older BF games. Of course, I've only ever played BC2 so I have no point of comparison.

    Could anyone elaborate on this? I really loved 1942 with the tanks and the planes and the crazy gigantic battles. Is BC2 not like this anymore?

    psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vampire is fantastic. I bought it a year or year and a half ago after watching it for a bit and deciding it wasn't going on sale anytime soon.

    Had no idea how right I was.
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Could anyone elaborate on this? I really loved 1942 with the tanks and the planes and the crazy gigantic battles. Is BC2 not like this anymore?

    It's not like BF1942 or BF2 with massive open areas and tons of vehicles to get between them. It's like the class system of Battlefield plus a few support vehicles plus MW2. Much more infantry based than the others. It still has that class dynamic and a balanced squad can wreak havoc. Check some YouTube videos.

    SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm having a problem with Just Cause 2. After picking new game, it just seems to stay at the loading screen forever. This confuses me a lot, because I remember the demo loading pretty quickly.

    Peewi on
    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I want vampire::: to go on sale because it seems like something I might adore but I've never played something like it.

    It's such an awesome game, especially now that there have been enough fan patches to correct the more egregious bugs and glitches.

    I mean, it's well worth $20 but since Troika is dead as a doornail I can't play the "support the developer" card. It does suck that Steam has trained its customers to not buy things unless they're on sale, though.

    it's not really the worth for me as much as I haven't spent more than about $7 and change on any PC game

    I'm like this because I rarely play a game to completion, but sure steam has me accustomed to behaving this way. they've enabled it :P.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Vampire is an interesting thing.

    The game out of the box is a bit buggy and unstable, but most of that has been taken care of by the community via mods and patches.

    But the truly interesting thing is that it uses the Source Engine, and the game was actually completed well before Half-Life 2 was. But since Valve wanted HL2 to be the herald of the Source engine, Bloodlines had to be put on ice for like 4-6 months.

    And one would think that since there was a mandatory hold put on the release of the game that they would've taken that time to preen and perfect their product. I'm not really certain why it was released in the buggy state that it was, considering there was a fair amount of time between when the devs had it completed and when they were legally allowed to release it.

    The company who made Bloodlines, Troika Games, ran out of money and went out of business because no one would pick them up for any future projects. They were unable to patch it further, it's kind of a small miracle they even finished the game.

    capable heart on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Who the hell even is in charge of distributing it anymore?

    initiatefailure on
    I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Eugh I wish BC2 was more than 33% off. That's hardly a sale at all, but I REALLY love the original battlefield and want more of that style game.

    When you say original Battlefield, you mean 1942, right? Because my understanding is that BC2 has evolved so much that it isn't really anything at all like the older BF games. Of course, I've only ever played BC2 so I have no point of comparison.

    Could anyone elaborate on this? I really loved 1942 with the tanks and the planes and the crazy gigantic battles. Is BC2 not like this anymore?

    The only Battlefield games I've played for any length of time are 1942 and BC2, and they're similar enough that if you liked 1942 I can recommend BC2.

    BC2 maps seem smaller, mainly since they're broken up into stages in the more popular modes. The maps are also, for the most part, less vehicle-centric.

    Lawndart on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Eugh I wish BC2 was more than 33% off. That's hardly a sale at all, but I REALLY love the original battlefield and want more of that style game.

    When you say original Battlefield, you mean 1942, right? Because my understanding is that BC2 has evolved so much that it isn't really anything at all like the older BF games. Of course, I've only ever played BC2 so I have no point of comparison.

    Could anyone elaborate on this? I really loved 1942 with the tanks and the planes and the crazy gigantic battles. Is BC2 not like this anymore?

    Well, from my experience with BC2, this is what I can tell you:

    The battles are big, but I would not describe them as crazy huge. Vehicles are still an important part of combat, but they are slower to respawn and there are not as many of them per match. In a typical game, each side will have 1-3 tanks, maybe a couple ATVs for quick mobility, and perhaps a helicopter depending on the map.

    The combat itself is very MW2-esque, although the pace and flow of the battles tend to be dramatically different than in MW2 since vehicles are present, plus of course the destructible environment and squad spawning.

    That's what I can tell you about BC2. But like I said before, I never played any of the older Battlefield series so I can't make a valid comparison. I can only tell you what BC2 is like.

    Lucascraft on
This discussion has been closed.