Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[STEAM] Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

1484951535461

Posts

  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think rebooting solves it.

    Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tried, didn't work. I found a physxloader.dll on my computer, put it in the Metro 2033 folder.

    It let the game boot up, then crashed it and my GPU. I have an ATI card, so maybe that's why.

    Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • a puddlea puddle Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Try uninstalling the PhysX installation Metro gave you and then installing the latest PhysX drivers from Nvidia's website.

    This resolved the issue, and I have a HD 5000 series card.

    a puddle on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Anyone played Hired Guns? Apparently it was going to be Jagged Alliance 3. Reviews were bad, but at $7 I might try it.

    JohnDoe on
  • simulacrumsimulacrum Call me Remi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Welp, I finally gave in to the tempting allure of the steam sales and bought Tropico reloaded.

    Hopefully that's all I end up buying. >.>

    simulacrum on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Anyone played Hired Guns? Apparently it was going to be Jagged Alliance 3. Reviews were bad, but at $7 I might try it.
    Either that or Brigade E5: New Jagged Union got patched after release to be much better. For your sake I hope it's Hired Guns.

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    a puddle wrote: »
    Try uninstalling the PhysX installation Metro gave you and then installing the latest PhysX drivers from Nvidia's website.

    This resolved the issue, and I have a HD 5000 series card.

    Didn't work. Dang. PC gaming can be such a bullocks sometimes.

    Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    corky842 wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »
    Hey, I hear Space Rangers 2 is really good. I recall wanting to get it awhile back back it had Securom issues. Anyone know if the Steam version packs Securom crap?

    Also, is anyone still playing Borderlands Co-Op? I never got into it, and I might pick it up if you folks are still on it.

    It was Starforce, not SecuROM. Steam lists third-party DRM on the store page. Look at Crysis or Ass Creed 2, the extra DRM is listed below the publisher info, release date, languages, etc.

    You should definitely get it.

    Also, get Borderlands and all the DLC if it's on sale tomorrow. I bet there's enough people here that bought it (or bought the DLC) that will want to play it.

    Awesome, thanks for the info. I think I missed the Borderlands sale though, it's not on today. :(

    As for SR2, yeah, it was Starforce...I was hearing tales of it wrecking machines and the like, thus why I am wary.

    Otherwise, I am totally getting the FF pack today. I have the first somewhere but screw it, I mean two bucks? Yeesh.

    Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Downloaded Metro 2033, getting "The program can't start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the prgram to fix this problem."

    Installed and reinstalled PhysX, no luck. Any ideas?

    Hello, firstly try uninstalling the current version of PhysX from your computer. If you have CCLeaner installed, try running that software application to remove any leftover registry files.

    Secondly, Metro 2033 comes with a PhysX installer: which should be located in - c:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/metro2033/install/

    After installing it, you have to reboot your computer. The game should then be able to run properly.

    Prisca on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It had might as well be a Steam sale because it's so cheap. RainbowDespair, I don't know what your cut of each BoD7 sale is, but you're getting another one. Bought it sight unseen because, seriously, it's a buck, I like parody, and the boxart is seven shades of awesome.

    jclast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Prisca wrote: »
    Downloaded Metro 2033, getting "The program can't start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the prgram to fix this problem."

    Installed and reinstalled PhysX, no luck. Any ideas?

    Hello, firstly try uninstalling the current version of PhysX from your computer. If you have CCLeaner installed, try running that software application to remove any leftover registry files.

    Secondly, Metro 2033 comes with a PhysX installer: which should be located in - c:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/metro2033/install/

    After installing it, you have to reboot your computer. The game should then be able to run properly.

    This is exactly what I did initially, but it didn't work. On a whim, I did it again but ran the installer as an administrator, and bingo.

    This game looks goooorgeous in 1920x1200, DX10.

    Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So guys, what's the verdict. Should I go ahead and snag the normal Mount & Blade or pray to god they discount the "expansion" tomorrow?

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The original is totally worth it just for the mod scene. Prophecies of Pendor for example, plus many others. I really should dig deeper into the M&B mod scene. But I love the native game so much I can't stop playing that.

    But, if you think you'd really be into the multiplayer, then yeah go for Warband. And that's worth it too, at the daily 50% off that's going right now.

    Drake on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I paid $30 for the original M&B and still say I got a steal, with the amount of time I've put into Prophesy of Pendor (which doesn't work if you only have Warband).

    Raiden333 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What else did Warband improve on besides multiplayer? I know they updated the graphics somewhat.

    Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just from what I remember reading about when the game was released it was a lot of little tweaks for the most part. One big addition is that you can get married, which can forge alliances and whatnot or whatever. Other things are stuff like being able to pick up weapons from the battlefield, improved army command and interface. Things like that. I may pick it up some day, but at the moment I just don't play enough multiplayer stuff to justify it when the original is still really awesome.

    edit: Oh yeah, they added sexual discrimination. Expect to have a tougher time if you roll a female character.

    Drake on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    corky842 wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »
    Hey, I hear Space Rangers 2 is really good. I recall wanting to get it awhile back back it had Securom issues. Anyone know if the Steam version packs Securom crap?

    Also, is anyone still playing Borderlands Co-Op? I never got into it, and I might pick it up if you folks are still on it.

    It was Starforce, not SecuROM. Steam lists third-party DRM on the store page. Look at Crysis or Ass Creed 2, the extra DRM is listed below the publisher info, release date, languages, etc.

    You should definitely get it.

    Also, get Borderlands and all the DLC if it's on sale tomorrow. I bet there's enough people here that bought it (or bought the DLC) that will want to play it.

    Awesome, thanks for the info. I think I missed the Borderlands sale though, it's not on today. :(

    As for SR2, yeah, it was Starforce...I was hearing tales of it wrecking machines and the like, thus why I am wary.

    Otherwise, I am totally getting the FF pack today. I have the first somewhere but screw it, I mean two bucks? Yeesh.

    Steam lists SOME third party drm, not all. Some games will have it and not list it.

    Morkath on
    hobbessig.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    Just from what I remember reading about when the game was released it was a lot of little tweaks for the most part. One big addition is that you can get married, which can forge alliances and whatnot or whatever. Other things are stuff like being able to pick up weapons from the battlefield, improved army command and interface. Things like that. I may pick it up some day, but at the moment I just don't play enough multiplayer stuff to justify it when the original is still really awesome.

    edit: Oh yeah, they added sexual discrimination. Expect to have a tougher time if you roll a female character.

    So basically, the mod scene for Warband is kind of... lacking right now?

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, I'm really glad I didn't pick up Sam & Max season 3 last week when I suddenly realized I hadn't bought it yet.

    Hedgethorn on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got it when the TF2 thing was out because I'M A WHORE FOR HATS

    /edit I don't regret it though, Sam and Max is great

    Jintor on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arthil wrote: »
    So guys, what's the verdict. Should I go ahead and snag the normal Mount & Blade or pray to god they discount the "expansion" tomorrow?

    I'd be surprised if they had Warbands the day after the original is in the daily.

    exis on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    exis wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    So guys, what's the verdict. Should I go ahead and snag the normal Mount & Blade or pray to god they discount the "expansion" tomorrow?

    I'd be surprised if they had Warbands the day after the original is in the daily.

    Although Warbands is only $5 more, I'm wondering if I should just grab the original for the mod possibilities.

    Is it simple to get the mods set up on the Steam version?

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arthil wrote: »
    exis wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    So guys, what's the verdict. Should I go ahead and snag the normal Mount & Blade or pray to god they discount the "expansion" tomorrow?

    I'd be surprised if they had Warbands the day after the original is in the daily.

    Although Warbands is only $5 more, I'm wondering if I should just grab the original for the mod possibilities.

    Is it simple to get the mods set up on the Steam version?

    Yep. The Mount and Blade folder in the steamapps/common directory has a "Modules" directory, you just put any mod folders there and select them from a drop down menu when you launch the game.

    Raiden333 on
    steam_sig.png
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just finished Cryostasis, that ending was crazy. Only took me 9 hours to beat it though.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tried, didn't work. I found a physxloader.dll on my computer, put it in the Metro 2033 folder.

    It let the game boot up, then crashed it and my GPU. I have an ATI card, so maybe that's why.

    I freaked the fuck out when that happened but when I rebooted my machine it worked.

    If that didn't work for you though I dunno what to say. :(

    Drez on
  • ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's my id for an invite to the group if possible :mrgreen:

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyRedKnight/

    Okay sales today... but hoping for a big ending tomorrow!

    ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I see a crippling Civilization IV problem in my future. I beat the stuffing out of the Spaniards tonight, only to have Montzeuma turn around and suddenly blast his way straight through everything I had.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I see a crippling Civilization IV problem in my future. I beat the stuffing out of the Spaniards tonight, only to have Montzeuma turn around and suddenly blast his way straight through everything I had.

    I guess you could say that you've come down with a case of...

    Montezuma's Revenge. 8-)

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I see a crippling Civilization IV problem in my future. I beat the stuffing out of the Spaniards tonight, only to have Montzeuma turn around and suddenly blast his way straight through everything I had.

    I guess you could say that you've come down with a case of...

    Montezuma's Revenge. 8-)

    I want to be mad, but I just can't. :^:

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, is today the last day of specials, or will we get another one tomorrow?

    Undead Scottsman on
  • SvenSven Registered User
    edited July 2010
    More tommorow i would think.
    Oh god i hope not, i cant afford this any more.

    Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The last round is tomorrow.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, is today the last day of specials, or will we get another one tomorrow?

    Everyone's assuming that it'll be like the last big sale and just be a day of "greatest hits/in case you missed 'em" repeats of previous daily deals.

    Or it'll be Modern Warfare 2, starting at a nickel and going up in price 1 penny every time someone purchases it.

    Lawndart on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man. I just lost two hours to King's Bounty without even realizing it until after. That game was well worth the money.

    Lucascraft on
  • SvenSven Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    So, is today the last day of specials, or will we get another one tomorrow?

    Everyone's assuming that it'll be like the last big sale and just be a day of "greatest hits/in case you missed 'em" repeats of previous daily deals.

    Or it'll be Modern Warfare 2, starting at a nickel and going up in price 1 penny every time someone purchases it.

    Sooo, by the end of the day, it will be about $.45?

    Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • StyrkaStyrka Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Sven wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    So, is today the last day of specials, or will we get another one tomorrow?

    Everyone's assuming that it'll be like the last big sale and just be a day of "greatest hits/in case you missed 'em" repeats of previous daily deals.

    Or it'll be Modern Warfare 2, starting at a nickel and going up in price 1 penny every time someone purchases it.

    Sooo, by the end of the day, it will be about $.45?

    I greatly dislike the game and its evil creators, and I'd buy it for that price.

    Styrka on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They better put the Witcher back up tomorrow. Otherwise it's going to be a pointless day if it's all stuff they've already done (at least for me, since I've been watching the sale since the start :P).

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hmmm seems like a lot of people are having the same problem with Saints Row 2 as I am: crashing to desktop either before the game even starts, or right after the gamespy screen.

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Any suggestions for Strategy games?

    I have:
    Red Alert 1 & 2.
    Dawn of discovery + Venice (Love this game, wish the combat was a bit more)
    Supreme Commander 2
    Company of Heroes
    Cities XL
    Evil Genius
    Spell Force 2
    Commando's 1-3
    Majesty 2.

    Any suggestions since all these sales going on? I love me some builders/Strategy games. Have I missed any gems in there I should look for?

    Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hmmm seems like a lot of people are having the same problem with Saints Row 2 as I am: crashing to desktop either before the game even starts, or right after the gamespy screen.

    Try either disabling your second monitor (if you have one,) and/or running in windowed mode. If it crashes before you can actually get to your settings then try using this settings.dat file which already has windowed mode set:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1268028

    IdolNinja on
This discussion has been closed.