As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, 48 hours away!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thirith wrote: »
    Do you think they'd do a magic gravity gun?

I thought that was what the levitation spell was in the preview?
    Harry picked up a couple of barrels, blocked some spells with them, then threw them at the bad guys. Isn't that what you did with the gravity gun?

see317 on
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Good lord that game looks like a horrible bastardization of the franchise.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All I can think about while watching that video is "pew, pew, pew."

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    To get into Hogwarts, Harry has to find the Red Key, the Blue Key, and the Green Key.

Then he fights a troll- you can tell when he's almost dead because he's flashing.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Good lord that game looks like an amazing bastardization of the franchise.

Fixed.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Good lord that game looks like an amazing bastardization of the franchise.

Fixed.

Perhaps, but I dunno, the gameplay seemed pretty vanilla.

At least we agree on the bastardization point.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    To get into Hogwarts, Harry has to find the Red Key, the Blue Key, and the Green Key.

Then he fights a troll- you can tell when he's almost dead because he's flashing.
    BOSS RUSH GUIDE

Boss Rush mode is unlocked after beating the game. After beating the game, it will ask you if you want to save. After doing so and returning to the main menu, the Boss Rush mode will now appear.

This is still a work in progress. I'm going to add the hardest bosses for now and will be posting confirmed strategies for the others in my next update.

Voldemort

Before entering the fight, make sure you have:

- Fully powered-up (level 4) Cruciatus curse
    - Fully powered-up (level 3) Occulus Reparo charm
    - Fully powered-up (level 7) Expelliarmus hex
    - At least eight magic energy tanks
    - A container of Wand Polish
    - An Indisposable Wand Hanky
    - 8 Weasley's Willpower Sweets (these drop off of Dark Shadowblobs in the Forest of Dean)

Once you have made sure you have all these

Voldemort (Form 1)

First, hit him 11 times with a fully-charged Cruciatius Curse. (Remember - hold SQUARE to charge until Harry glows gold to fully charge.) If you start to lose magic energy, eat one of Weasley's Willpower Sweets. Make sure to aim well. You'll probably need to eat two of these for Form 1, but if you eat more than 3, you should restart the fight (unless you just bring more with you).

To hit Voldemort's first form, you have to wait until he stops to talk about how much of an idiot Harry is or how good Voldemort is. He does this whenever you break line of sight between Harry and Voldemort. To do this, just run behind a rock or a tree. Start charging with SQUARE first and then when Voldemort stops talking, run around to face him and let go.

After doing this 11 times, Voldemort will be visibly shaken and a giant CIRCLE or X icon [ps3 version] will appear above his head. Run up to him and do the Quick Time Event (random each time) to slap Voldemort on the face.

After this, Voldemort will punch Harry in the face and his glasses will break. On to Voldemort Form 2.

Voldemort (Form 2)

Immediately cast Occulus Reparo, or your screen will be fuzzy and you won't be able to see anything...

(to be continued)

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    And just in case any lurkers are worried about spoilers, my faux-walkthrough there isn't based on the book or movie/game (at least I hope not).

Drez on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When Voldemort is in Crab-form, flip him over and curse his weak spot for massive damage.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drez:

*slowclap*

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Meh, as long as it's fun I don't much care.

I still think Hogwarts would be an incredible setting for a Bioware RPG.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DVG wrote: »

You mean an Atlus RPG?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DVG wrote: »

You mean an Atlus RPG?

Well, we don't actually know the setting for Persona 5 yet, do we?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thou art I, and I am thou.
    From the sea of thy soul I come forth:

You have established the Platonic Female Friend social link of the Bucktooth Arcana.

Hermione can be found in the Library but only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and only during daytime or evening.

Drez on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    :^:

It would have gotten two, but you spelled Hermione wrong.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fixed. I have a habit of spelling her name wrong. :(

Drez on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drez wrote: »

You have established the Platonic Female Friend social link of the Bucktooth Arcana.

Hermione can be found in the Library but only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and only during daytime or evening.

Actually, this could work.

Take Personae game mechanics and use Harry Potter lore.

It could be a pretty badass RPG.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When that game video was originally posted I just assumed it was a parody reskin and everyone else in the thread was being sarcastic serious about it. Can't believe that's a real game, christ... honestly, as much as Paul can annoy me at least in this case he's plainly aware of what a turd the game is and making fun of it. "What, you mean like a rocket launcher?"

Glal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "...we call it a magic launcher."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drez wrote: »

<3

never die on
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The IMDB cast list shows everybody I can remember from the book to be in the film.

Xenophilius Lovegood, Grindelwald, Aberforth, Rita Skeeter, Griphook, Gregorovitch, Greyback, Dobby, Kreacher, Charity Burbage, Doge, Bathilda Bagshot, and Pius Thicknesse are all credited.

I suppose their roles could be severely reduced but the fact that they're in the film suggests that major elements won't be changed.

One thing I noticed is that Pius Thicknesse is only credited for the second film, but I don't remember him in the back half of the book at all.

Also, Warwick Davis is replacing Verne Troyer as Griphook. Presumably because of a, uh, naughty film that came out. So Davis will double as Griphook and Professor Flitwick.

fortis on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    fortis wrote: »
    The IMDB cast list shows everybody I can remember from the book to be in the film.

Xenophilius Lovegood, Grindelwald, Aberforth, Rita Skeeter, Griphook, Gregorovitch, Greyback, Dobby, Kreacher, Charity Burbage, Doge, Bathilda Bagshot, and Pius Thicknesse are all credited.

I suppose their roles could be severely reduced but the fact that they're in the film suggests that major elements won't be changed.

One thing I noticed is that Pius Thicknesse is only credited for the second film, but I don't remember him in the back half of the book at all.

Also, Warwick Davis is replacing Verne Troyer as Griphook. Presumably because of a, uh, naughty film that came out. So Davis will double as Griphook and Professor Flitwick.

We see Thicknesse three times in the book: Once at the Ministry of Magic, and twice at the Battle of Hogwarts.

Also, didn't Davis give Griphook's voice in Philosopher's Stone?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OK I want to marathon all the Potter flicks before I see DH part 1 and I was wondering, are there any Potter DVDs that integrate the deleted stuff into the main feature? I'm pretty sure the second movie has this but I'm not sure about the rest.

Edit: OK I'm seeing these "Ultimate Editions" on Amazon but there's no way I'm going to buy them so hopefully I can rent them from somewhere.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SaraLuna on
  • Options
    KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    :shock: or D: faces on everyone in that trailer, so it must be pretty epic

:P

Kronus on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Film is not yet rated? This close to release?

Tamin on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Will the two films be out in 3D? Because watching them in 3D after all these years of watching the others not in 3D will be weird. I think I'd head to the non-3D screening if there's a choice.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rohan wrote: »
    Will the two films be out in 3D? Because watching them in 3D after all these years of watching the others not in 3D will be weird. I think I'd head to the non-3D screening if there's a choice.

It'll be released in both 2D and 3D.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    Angry puppyAngry puppy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    The Volemort/Harry thing in the trailer "why do you live?" "because I have something worth living for" feels almost like a carbon copy of Neo/Smith in Matrix Revolutions. Not saying it is, I haven't even read the book, just that line felt like it to me.

1:00-2:00 is the scene I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALu00W01Vw&feature=related

Angry puppy on
    reisdentevilafterlife1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I thought that was an odd choice of lines. In the books one of the big things about Voldemort is how terrified of death he is; "why do you live" seems like the last thing he'd ask.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that was an odd choice of lines. In the books one of the big things about Voldemort is how terrified of death he is; "why do you live" seems like the last thing he'd ask.

I think he's asking more as, "How is possible that you're still alive?" as opposed to," Why do you continue on living?" if the distinction makes sense.

Also, I did just run through the house with my laptop to show this to my sister. haha

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I doubt Voldemort feels the need to be completely consistent in his appreciation for life; he's shown throughout the books to be a textbook sociopath, so it's not a huge stretch to assume he doesn't comprehend that other people would want to continue to live just like he does.
    There's also the interpretation where he's incredulous that the prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet despite his best efforts over the past 7 years, and that it must necessarily be Voldemort who lives and Harry who dies.

There's a third option, too, that involves remembering that it's just a book, and as such, there might be logic holes in it. :P

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    I doubt Voldemort feels the need to be completely consistent in his appreciation for life; he's shown throughout the books to be a textbook sociopath, so it's not a huge stretch to assume he doesn't comprehend that other people would want to continue to live just like he does.
    There's also the interpretation where he's incredulous that the prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet despite his best efforts over the past 7 years, and that it must necessarily be Voldemort who lives and Harry who dies.

There's a third option, too, that involves remembering that it's just a book, and as such, there might be logic holes in it. :P

Correction, just a movie. the book didn't have that stupid line/scene in it.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    O'Reilly?

It's been ages since I read HP7.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, seems like the "something worth living/fighting for" line is pretty well-worn in fantasy (or really any epic battle). Glad it didn't come up in the book.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rohan wrote: »

Hopefully they improved their shooting technology. The 3d in the last movie was literally painful to watch, at least in IMAX.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Did they actually film the parts in the last movie in 3D, or was it converted after shooting? That makes a huge difference in quality.

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Did they actually film the parts in the last movie in 3D, or was it converted after shooting? That makes a huge difference in quality.

I think both parts have been converted rather than filmed in 3D, which is a shame. I'll still probably see them both in 3D at least once.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Volemort/Harry thing in the trailer "why do you live?" "because I have something worth living for" feels almost like a carbon copy of Neo/Smith in Matrix Revolutions. Not saying it is, I haven't even read the book, just that line felt like it to me.

I think that's the result of both of them having the Savior trope instead of the HP people being fans of the Matrix.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Saiga wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

I think both parts have been converted rather than filmed in 3D, which is a shame. I'll still probably see them both in 3D at least once.

Actually, I was meaning the previous movie (6) by "last," but if they didn't even film the finales in 3D but converted them, that answers the question anyway. haha

N1tSt4lker on