As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Easily Identifiable NFL Thread [Season starts today, set your line-ups!]

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Provided Heap can stay healthy, Mason hasn't fallen off, and Housh doesn't cry about Bolding getting the football too much.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    I feel better about drafting Housh now. He has proven he can be a very good receiver when he isn't the #1.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have Mason right now and Housh is available on waiver. I did have Housh last year when he did all of nothing, but personal grievances aside - what do you all think about dropping Mason for Housh or is that just going down the black hole of trying to anticipate game day depth charts?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I read that Leinart might end up on the Texans.

Why anyone would want him is beyond me, but I bet Schaub will be pissed if they sign him.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

Why anyone would want him is beyond me, but I bet Schaub will be pissed if they sign him.

He is officially a Texan now.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

He is officially a Texan now.

I hope they pay him in nachos and jock straps, because that's all he's worth.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Isoldae wrote: »
    I am trying to figure out how Dead Legend was able to get Rodgers and Johnson.

I can't think of anything.

i had the 2nd pick and peyton went first?

i managed to snag rodgers in the 3rd or 4th

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    League of Wangpeens could use one more team. We are at 9 and I'd like to not boot anyone.

ID#: 678731
    PW: buymnc

LTM on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ESPN just reported that the Steelers players did not vote BB a captain this year

Goose! on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Draft I just finished.

Ray Rice
    Maurice Jones-Drew
    DeAngelo Williams
    Tony Romo
    Roddy White
    Steve Smith (Giants)
    Hines Ward
    Arian Foster
    Jets Defense
    Derrick Mason
    Malcom Floyd
    Chester Taylor
    Kellen Winslow
    Mason Crosby
    Matt Stafford
    Giants Def
    Kevin Boss
    Golden Tate

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    how the fuck do you end up with ray rice and MJD?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shit you got that lineup of guys in an 18 round draft? Were there only 6 teams?

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    lostwords wrote: »

Everyone was too busy picking up guys like Carson Palmer and Bret Favre in the first round. I had the 9th pick out of 10. Got Rice and then a minute later I got Drew. Guy before me picked T.O. while Williams was sitting right there.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There's money in play too. My friend and I were just shaking our heads at some of the picks people were making.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'd say keep your eye on Mojo's backup but with Ray Rice too it's not that big of a deal.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can maybe, MAYBE understand taking Favre in the first couple of rounds, he had an amazing season last year as much as I hate to say it.

But Carson? C'mon son, I'm a huge homer. But that's just terrible.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dude, Shipley went in the third round. They aren't even counting return shit into scoring either.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I took Shipley for my (our? whatever) bench in the auction league. I think he'll have a great year but not a third round of a fantasy draft year.

Are you in a league with the official Bengals message board or something? Jeez

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    No, I know three people other than me. The rest are some people that never leave their town of less than a hundred people.

Sports message boards give me headaches.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I actually like going on the bengals board to get some cheap laughs.

They really hate Dan Coats. I kind of love the guy though

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »

Everyone was too busy picking up guys like Carson Palmer and Bret Favre in the first round. I had the 9th pick out of 10. Got Rice and then a minute later I got Drew. Guy before me picked T.O. while Williams was sitting right there.

D:

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Some of those guys made terrible choices all night.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    it sounds like you're complaining about shitty fantasy football teams

i'd love to be in that league

(i'm already in one very similar)

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So the Packers might be signing former Bucs PR/KR man, Clifton Smith.

Feelings: Yessssssss.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't believe some of the teams you guys are drafting, who the hell are you playing with? I want to be in a league with tards!

Peen on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm in a tard league!

to be fair, like 75% of us have never done a Fantasy league before.

e: I can't decide if I want to go with the Packers D @Philly or the Broncos D @Jacksonville.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'd go Broncos D against Jacksonville but only because their offense looks hella bad.

Peen on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm afraid that the Packers are gonna get burned deep a couple times by Philly.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Denver's D is gonna suck without Dumervil. I would play the Packers. They may give up some points but Kolb's still a first year starter and will likely give up a couple of turnovers.

In other news, Mike Tomlin is neglecting to guarantee Rapeyberger's return as a starter in week 6. We'll see what he says when they open the season at 1-3.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh shit, that's true. I completely forgot that they're starting Kolb.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hey Krunk, and interest in filling the 10th slot in our other SE++ league? It'll be good practice.

LTM on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm really a bit torn on whether or not to star Baltimore's D against The Jets or The Jets D against Baltimore.

I'm leaning towards starting Baltimore since The Jets and Sanchez seem more likely to turn the ball over and Revis is probably going to be a bit rusty week 1.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ocho-cereal.jpg

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm really a bit torn on whether or not to star Baltimore's D against The Jets or The Jets D against Baltimore.

I'm leaning towards starting Baltimore since The Jets and Sanchez seem more likely to turn the ball over and Revis is probably going to be a bit rusty week 1.

There's no way in hell I'm starting the Sanchize against Baltimore, if that makes the decision any clearer.

edit: Woo, we've made the thread title! Thanks!

LTM on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Baltimore's defense might not be all that good though, they're pretty thin in the secondary. It's a tough call either way.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Baltimore's defense is decent, but not league leading like in years past. As Butters said, they're thin in the secondary and they have no depth in case someone goes down.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    LTM wrote: »
    Hey Krunk, and interest in filling the 10th slot in our other SE++ league? It'll be good practice.

What time are you guys drafting?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    7pm PDT tonight

LTM on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is the LTM league still looking for one player? I know I said I'd join, but then 2 people expressed interest so I figured Meh, alright in 2 leagues. But if you guys still need one guy then I can join in.

Assuming I can still join this close to the draft. Also, I'm going out tonight, so I'd have to throw together an autodraft list. But whatever, I can deal with the crappy team Yahoo picks out.

Peccavi on
This discussion has been closed.