Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

2456762

Posts

  • proyebatproyebat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, add "proyebat" to that google document.

    Also,
    Warcry wrote: »
    I was successfully dogfighting three tanks on Atacama Desert in a Havok before. It was amazing.

    In other news, chopper flares are ass. They remove the tracer but do nothing about the rocket in flight.
    :c
    That's how it always worked on console. Did you not get that memo?

    proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    proyebat wrote: »
    Hey, add "proyebat" to that google document.

    Its a public form so you can add yourself. Don't be lazy.

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    unpurposed wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    So how the hell do I fix the controls now? I'm alright with infantry controls, but the vehicles are making me cringe again.

    Count me in the same boat. I'm using Carbonfire's fix and the patch kind of screwed everything up, I'm not sure how to get things back to normal.

    Just rename your input folder for now (to like "input backup" or something). The game will automatically recreate that input folder with the default controls if it can't find an "input" folder. You'll have to rebind your controls and increase your mouse speed in-game the normal way.

    I'll have a look at refixing just the turrets this evening.

    CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    proyebat, why does your BC2 banner background look like 10KCommotion?

    TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sweet. I am going to add a link to that form in the OP. Great job Nailbunny. You are truly credit to team.

    That_Guy on
    camo_sig.png
  • proyebatproyebat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The first link to the document didn't let me edit it. Thanks for that other link.

    @Trippy: Because it was probably drawn by Yukon.

    proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Here's an updated spreadsheet to show how close the guns are to balanced.

    Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Here's an updated spreadsheet to show how close the guns are to balanced.

    I like what I see for the MG3. It was fucking retarded for it to have worse stats than the PP2000. I can't wait to give it a try tonight.

    That_Guy on
    camo_sig.png
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User
    edited June 2010
    These things are in the patch-

    Conquest
    Nelson Bay - mp_008cq
    Port Valdez - mp_012cq

    Rush
    White Pass - mp_007gr
    Atacama Desert - mp_005gr

    Squadrush
    Laguna Presa - mp_009sr
    Laguna Alta - mp_003sr

    Squad Deathmatch
    Nelson Bay - mp_008sdm
    Panama Canal - mp_001sdm

    Why are they there? Hmm hmm hmm.

    Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nelson Bay Conquest you say

    where do I sign up?

    0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So we can give EA $20.

    Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And they removed the "Epic Fail" when you suicide

    fuck yes this is the best patch

    0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    These things are in the patch-

    Conquest
    Nelson Bay - mp_008cq
    Port Valdez - mp_012cq

    Rush
    White Pass - mp_007gr
    Atacama Desert - mp_005gr

    Squadrush
    Laguna Presa - mp_009sr
    Laguna Alta - mp_003sr

    Squad Deathmatch
    Nelson Bay - mp_008sdm
    Panama Canal - mp_001sdm

    Why are they there? Hmm hmm hmm.

    OH SHIT!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for Atacama Desert to make it's way to rush for so long. You totally have to add that to the maplist I made.

    That_Guy on
    camo_sig.png
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OMG PINGS.

    I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. WELCOME BACK, NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN.


    Seriously, that was the most retarded bug ever.

    Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User
    edited June 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Sladvan wrote: »
    These things are in the patch-

    Conquest
    Nelson Bay - mp_008cq
    Port Valdez - mp_012cq

    Rush
    White Pass - mp_007gr
    Atacama Desert - mp_005gr

    Squadrush
    Laguna Presa - mp_009sr
    Laguna Alta - mp_003sr

    Squad Deathmatch
    Nelson Bay - mp_008sdm
    Panama Canal - mp_001sdm

    Why are they there? Hmm hmm hmm.

    OH SHIT!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for Atacama Desert to make it's way to rush for so long. You totally have to add that to the maplist I made.

    They aren't playable.

    Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Sladvan wrote: »
    These things are in the patch-

    Conquest
    Nelson Bay - mp_008cq
    Port Valdez - mp_012cq

    Rush
    White Pass - mp_007gr
    Atacama Desert - mp_005gr

    Squadrush
    Laguna Presa - mp_009sr
    Laguna Alta - mp_003sr

    Squad Deathmatch
    Nelson Bay - mp_008sdm
    Panama Canal - mp_001sdm

    Why are they there? Hmm hmm hmm.

    OH SHIT!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for Atacama Desert to make it's way to rush for so long. You totally have to add that to the maplist I made.

    They aren't playable.

    Say what? WHY YOU DO THIS?

    That_Guy on
    camo_sig.png
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Installed the patch last night and it reset all my controls. Not a big deal, but figured I'd mention it here. Looking forward to playing tonight, so I can actually backstab people as is proper.

    Zaylenz on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Never mind backstabbing, I love facestabbing people who are unprepared for such an attack. There were some good knife attacks last night, bugs be damned.

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We need more Dome mans!

    0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rush
    White Pass - mp_007gr
    Atacama Desert - mp_005gr

    In lieu of real new maps,

    DO WANT. Quit holding out on us DICE!

    CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Atacama Rush should be good, might actually get some infantry fights in the villages for once.

    101 on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Here's an updated spreadsheet to show how close the guns are to balanced.

    I'm getting a 403 forbidden for that image. :?
    I keep getting kicked because of a Pnkbusterb no heartbeat.

    I had that problem when I was running the game with a dual core and made BC2's task priority higher than that of punkbuster, depriving punkbuster of enough CPU cycles to function correctly.

    Try opening up task manager(ctrl+alt+delete) and giving punkbuster the highest priority.

    ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    punkbuster is also pretty awful, so it could be that.

    So, first time of seeing this:
    Attacking on Port Valdez; two of the defending team destroyed their own M-Coms. Both of them ended up with -2000 points by the end. And then on attack they went for C4 uavs.

    I really don't understand how people get enjoyment from this :l

    101 on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    C4 UAVs really needs to be nerfed.

    Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Holy crap, when did they add a server queue?

    tofu on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Holy crap, when did they add a server queue?

    Today!

    That_Guy on
    camo_sig.png
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Warcry, when you say the hit detection is fixed, did you remove your beta folder, and it's still working correctly?

    EDIT Carbon, do I need to undo your changes, or does the patch overwrite them?

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There are still a lot of people that are terrible at this game.

    tofu on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    C4 UAVs really needs to be nerfed.
    Yep, ideally it'll be removed completely at some point.

    101 on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The patch broke my mouse fix, but after turning off acceleration I didn't notice a difference other than in turrets.

    0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    These things are in the patch-

    Rush
    White Pass - mp_007gr
    Atacama Desert - mp_005gr

    Excellent.

    Mechanical on
  • finnithfinnith TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty happy that they upped the number of points you got from attacking the objective in Rush (i.e. destroyed/damage points).

    finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User
    edited June 2010
    This is a fix to the previous link.

    Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The MG3 is ridonkulous. It spits brimstone and orphans out of the gaping maw of its barrel.

    0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • KnorreKnorre Registered User
    edited June 2010
    übergeek wrote: »
    Warcry, when you say the hit detection is fixed, did you remove your beta folder, and it's still working correctly?

    I'll answer this for you as Warcry is sleeping and i happen to know what he did;

    He removed his BFBC2 folder and made the game rewrite it, that gave him brilliant hit detection.

    Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nnnnnnng

    Now I remember why I hate the Bad Company 2 patcher.

    "Oh I'm just downloading things. I think I'll just take AN ENTIRE CORE of your CPU to do this! :D"

    MechMantis on
    UA1OmVB.png
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Knorre wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Warcry, when you say the hit detection is fixed, did you remove your beta folder, and it's still working correctly?

    I'll answer this for you as Warcry is sleeping and i happen to know what he did;

    He removed his BFBC2 folder and made the game rewrite it, that gave him brilliant hit detection.

    Well, he has that separate folder with the beta settings as well. If he forgot to get rid of that, it might effect things.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    übergeek wrote: »
    Warcry, when you say the hit detection is fixed, did you remove your beta folder, and it's still working correctly?

    EDIT Carbon, do I need to undo your changes, or does the patch overwrite them?

    The patch fixes the original problem with the mouse smoothing (essentially making part of my fix unnecessary). I have to test out whether or not the other changes still work with what they changed, but for now the easiest fix is
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Just rename your input folder for now (to like "input backup" or something). The game will automatically recreate that input folder with the default controls if it can't find an "input" folder. You'll have to rebind your controls and increase your mouse speed in-game the normal way.

    I'll check the turret controls this evening.

    CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • KnorreKnorre Registered User
    edited June 2010
    übergeek wrote: »
    Knorre wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Warcry, when you say the hit detection is fixed, did you remove your beta folder, and it's still working correctly?

    I'll answer this for you as Warcry is sleeping and i happen to know what he did;

    He removed his BFBC2 folder and made the game rewrite it, that gave him brilliant hit detection.

    Well, he has that separate folder with the beta settings as well. If he forgot to get rid of that, it might effect things.

    Yes, he didn't tell me anything about that. You can try deleting it, if it doesn't do anything good for ya!

    Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I managed to fix my punkbuster issues by uninstalling and deleting punkbuster completely, redownloading the installer and the test thing, reinstalling punkbuster, and restarting.

    hailthefish on
Sign In or Register to comment.