Options

The [Chat]'s Partner

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    am I understanding this new "iAds" thing right. It will make banners pop up on an iPhone while you are using any apps at all? Or is it just certain ones that have that at all?

No it is just an optional SDK/service devs can take advantage of to monetize their apps via advertising. Like any of the 3rd party solutions that have been around for an age

It's just that you have to use iAd, and you have to be an independent company (ie, no AdMob on iAds because Google bought them) if you wanna do advertising in your app.

There is nothing in that sentence which is correct.

Bravo.

Really? I was under the impression that you had to use Apple's iAd system to do ads in iOS4. And I'm pretty sure the last part is, in fact, true if you use iAds.

But I could be remembering wrong.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    yesss I have a date on tuesday

but he's only 18!

I hope you get to show him your penis Eddy.

he's outrageously good looking

and talllllll

and then you will be either a pervert, a sugar daddy, a male, or a pedophile

it's not clear yet

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010

but he's only 18!

and talllllll

how tall

goddamnit

Organichu on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    and yes chu and I have had a sexual encounter

several, in fact

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    is it douchebaggery to hope for money from one's work

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT OF HIS BROW

no, says the man in washington; it belongs to the poor

no, says the man in the vatican; it belongs to god

no, says the gay in San Francisco, it belongs to the dance floor

Ludious on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

but he's only 18!

and talllllll

tall is a must

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

but he's only 18!

and talllllll

Then I extra hope it goes well for you then.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

but he's only 18!

and talllllll

how tal is talllllll?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

several, in fact

honestly i'd probably describe them as religious experiences

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    chu, why did you get off of gtalk :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

several, in fact

well, there were two pieces of wood

and quite a bit of nailing

Ludious on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    is it douchebaggery to hope for money from one's work

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT OF HIS BROW

no, says the man in washington; it belongs to the poor

no, says the man in the vatican; it belongs to god

no, says the gay in San Francisco, it belongs to the dance floor

A man chooses. A slave leaves his head and his heart on the dance floor.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    am I understanding this new "iAds" thing right. It will make banners pop up on an iPhone while you are using any apps at all? Or is it just certain ones that have that at all?

No it is just an optional SDK/service devs can take advantage of to monetize their apps via advertising. Like any of the 3rd party solutions that have been around for an age

It's just that you have to use iAd, and you have to be an independent company (ie, no AdMob on iAds because Google bought them) if you wanna do advertising in your app.

Bravo.

Really? I was under the impression that you had to use Apple's iAd system to do ads in iOS4. And I'm pretty sure the last part is, in fact, true if you use iAds.

You can still use third-party advertising libraries and networks; iAd is not required even if you want to create an ad-supported app.

And you have to not be a competing cell-phone manufacturer if you want aproval for an app which gathers mobile analytics data. Nothing to do with advertising per se, just the phoning home to the mothership with tons of info about the device and customer bit.

This came out of the whole "AdMob had extensive data about the iPad months before its announcement because during testing some apps had been loaded which covertly scraped the devices for a fuck-ton of data" debacle.

Unsurprisingly Apple is not interested in approving apps which will give a major hardware/software competitor a bunch of data.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

several, in fact

scientists have found this sensation of "divinity" is no more than increased activity in the part of the brain known as the prostate

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Bravo.

3.3.9 You and Your Applications may not collect, use, or disclose to any third party, user or device data without prior user consent, and then only under the following conditions:

- The collection, use or disclosure is necessary in order to provide a service or function that is directly relevant to the use of the Application. For example, without Apple's prior written consent, You may not use third party analytics software in Your Application to collect and send device data to a third party for aggregation, processing, or analysis.

- The collection, use or disclosure is for the purpose of serving advertising to Your Application; is provided to an independent advertising service provider whose primary business is serving mobile ads (for example, an advertising service provider owned by or affiliated with a developer or distributor of mobile devices, mobile operating systems or development environments other than Apple would not qualify as independent); and the disclosure is limited to UDID, user location data, and other data specifically designated by Apple as available for advertising purposes.

Spoiler'd the terms of iAd, and bolded the part I'm referencing.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2010

but he's only 18!

and talllllll

Yes! I hope this happens. I need another newly minted love in this thread to squee with. We can squee together all night!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm bringing back bossanova and bodacious guys

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Eddy can't introduce this guy to chat, elki.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Bravo.

3.3.9 You and Your Applications may not collect, use, or disclose to any third party, user or device data without prior user consent, and then only under the following conditions:

- The collection, use or disclosure is necessary in order to provide a service or function that is directly relevant to the use of the Application. For example, without Apple's prior written consent, You may not use third party analytics software in Your Application to collect and send device data to a third party for aggregation, processing, or analysis.

- The collection, use or disclosure is for the purpose of serving advertising to Your Application; is provided to an independent advertising service provider whose primary business is serving mobile ads (for example, an advertising service provider owned by or affiliated with a developer or distributor of mobile devices, mobile operating systems or development environments other than Apple would not qualify as independent); and the disclosure is limited to UDID, user location data, and other data specifically designated by Apple as available for advertising purposes.

Yes bravo that is the section about mobile analytics and who may collect it. Notice how the section heading is about collecting data, not showing ads?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know this makes a hipster, but I really want to use this for album art

tumblr_l3pr7dbLWj1qb3mmfo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1278118271&Signature=FbryFSZzuLOqPKCQO%2F6ZreDoX2Y%3D

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tall is the best

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why can't I find love

oh right

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Bravo.

You can still use third-party advertising libraries and networks; iAd is not required even if you want to create an ad-supported app.

And you have to not be a competing cell-phone manufacturer if you want aproval for an app which gathers mobile analytics data. Nothing to do with advertising per se, just the phoning home to the mothership with tons of info about the device and customer bit.

This came out of the whole "AdMob had extensive data about the iPad months before its announcement because during testing some apps had been loaded which covertly scraped the devices for a fuck-ton of data" debacle.

Unsurprisingly Apple is not interested in approving apps which will give a major hardware/software competitor a bunch of data.

Actually, the stuff I read was after Steve Job's keynote announcing iAd and the like. I didn't remember the part about 3rd party networks, though.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

ten bucks say this dude will see [chat] on eddy's computer and assume it is a gay messageboard

which would be the truth

EDIT: Pods: If only it was a better quality picture

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Not this early in a relationship sure.

Maybe date 3. He can come to [chat] and regale us with tales of how awesome Eddy and his amazing penis are.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Tali is the best

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am not tall, but at least I'm not short.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2010
    senj, i think i've pretty much asked everyone else but

how does this look

(excuse the goofy profile pic, i need to take some candids i guess)

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Organichu

Organichu on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    after sleeping til 2, I then slept from 4 til just now

me: oh maybe the yankee game is on replay, I don't know how it ended
    dad: they won
    me: ...

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2010

how does this look

oh heavens change that picture immediately

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2010
    Tall is the best

Debatable! I debate it all the time. I'm like, listen girl, just try it. This one time. What? You're the creep. I'm outta here.

Results vary.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that picture is amazing, eldrendil.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Bravo.

Yes bravo that is the section about mobile analytics and who may collect it. Notice how the section heading is about collecting data, not showing ads?

Yeah, and I was under the impression that you had to use iAds to do advertising in iOS4, which made the whole thing kinda fucked up to me.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ok I just mixed the FUCK out of this song

stepped up my mastering game like woah recently

you might say that I'm a

master

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2010

how does this look

I think it is pretty ok, as someone who has never done one of these things before.

Get a better profile pic. "strong, curious, and open guy" sounds bi-curious. Maybe consider something other than "posture" for the first notice section? And put a space after every - in your lists. Also capitalize the first letter of every list member in the message me if bit

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    ok I just mixed the FUCK out of this song

stepped up my mastering game like woah recently

you might say that I'm a

master
    Master Master I believe you've met Mr. Mister

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    Tall is the best

Debatable! I debate it all the time. I'm like, listen girl, just try it. This one time. What? You're the creep. I'm outta here.

Results vary.

Tall women have legs up to here

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    okies senj thanks :^:

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

how does this look

I laughed

also:
    choking people (in controlled environments, on a mat),

kinky
    I'm a strong, curious, and open guy who admits when he's [...] hard

kinky
    I love when a piece of media pushes itself into my head; after I finish it, I know that some little factoid, or interesting concept, will stick with me forever.

kinky
    I want the finish to force a smile

kinky
    Enough pillows to pull off the patented 'Lamaze-class' sleeping position

kinky
    birth control means I get to practice at home, with a dry run

kinky
    A great spot to people watch

kinky
    we're just a little nervous about our sexual status.

kinky
    I'm still young enough to jump up and cheer without pulling anything.

kinky
    I'm a pretty receptive person

kinky
    Let's do this

kinky

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It says you're straight chu

But I've heard you suck a mean dick

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.