Options

The [Chat]'s Partner

13468963

Posts

  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    How do you drop keys down an elevator shaft? The elevator floor is in the way.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    What the hell thread are you reading that discusses Locke, Hume, and Hobbes?

    play deus ex and find out

    Are you talking about Deus Ex or the thread?

    Because the thread has nothing to do with philosophy. They're just comparing endings to the game.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Microsoft just introduced InstaLoad, a new battery technology that allows batteries to be placed in any direction without regard to positive or negative polarity. Meaning you can put a battery in however you want and it'll just work. It's genius.

    InstaLoad uses a new, patented contact design that doesn't drain battery power or require expensive circuitry. Plus, it's compatible with off-the-shelf batteries used in flashlights, toys, battery chargers, and really anything that uses CR123, AA, AAA, C or D size batteries. We'll never have to look at + or - signs again.

    Neat!

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I am waiting for my first archery class

    it is in a gym at a rec center

    I hope this is not a terrible mistake

    ask to start out with the boxing glove arrow
    that one has the most utility

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3q8sZgZ-8U&feature=related

    Johannen on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    music

    it's noise

    Fixed that for ya.

    not necessarily

    all noise is sound, but not all sound is noise

    Isn't the distinction subjective?

    No, noise is a specific phenomenon with non-periodic (I think that's the term) waveforms.

    Sound is any phenomenon of turning acoustic waves into brain signals.

    Looks like you've got a pedantry fail right there, bro.

    Oh how the mighty have fallen.

    Subjective Distinctions
    Calling some signal or sound noise is often a subjective distinction. One person's maximum-volume music listening pleasure might be another's unbearable noise.

    An annoying background hiss interfering with short-wave radio broadcasts was found to be due to extraterrestrial, indeed cosmic, processes; listening to this "noise" to the exclusion of all other signals with ever more sensitive antennae and receivers is now the science of radio astronomy. Radio astronomers are still plagued by noise in their signals—but now it is thermal noise generated in their equipment interfering with wanted signals from the cosmos.

    Well technically volume has nothing to do with it, unless clipping occurs and creates overtones.

    Basically, you are wrong.

    @Senj: hope you like it!

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I just punched that trashy Fox Newsesque reporter woman in the mouth on Citadel Station. That felt pretty good.

    You can also brutually address her bullshit while also proving how much you care about the human cost of that battle. It's amazing.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.

    There's an entire amateur porn website devoted to guy on guy wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey, tooth regeneration gel could completely eliminate fillings at the dentist.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    WHAT THE FLIPPING FUCK!? WHY IS "Use your member number as the ID and password" SO CONFUSING!?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    What the hell thread are you reading that discusses Locke, Hume, and Hobbes?

    play deus ex and find out

    Are you talking about Deus Ex or the thread?

    Because the thread has nothing to do with philosophy. They're just comparing endings to the game.

    The endings to a game that is like a primer course on political economy, yes

    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.

    There's an entire amateur porn website devoted to guy on guy wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    How many times do you have to win before you graduate to the pro circuit?

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.

    There's an entire amateur porn website devoted to guy on guy wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    So it's like a male version of Advanced Variable Geo?

    _J_ on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    haha

    the two kids in the class before mine are shooting

    they are surly 14 year olds

    god mom, archery?

    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    it is pretty good so far

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.

    There's an entire amateur porn website devoted to guy on guy wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    I'm wondering if it's run by the same company that runs the amateur website devoted to girl on girl wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    Lawndart on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I just punched that trashy Fox Newsesque reporter woman in the mouth on Citadel Station. That felt pretty good.

    You can also brutually address her bullshit while also proving how much you care about the human cost of that battle. It's amazing.

    I did that my first playthrough as a paragon. This time I'm just going for "badass" where I choose whatever option is the most awesome regardless of whether it's paragon or renegade.

    So far it's been mostly an even split, there really are a bunch of "badass" paragon moments, and of course I disdain the renegade choices that are just petty, mean, or evil because that's not badass.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    i would like to file a protective order against nerd

    he's been saying some really hateful and scary things to me through IM

    Organichu on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    WHAT THE FLIPPING FUCK!? WHY IS "Use your member number as the ID and password" SO CONFUSING!?

    why not just have one input box

    asking for member number

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I just punched that trashy Fox Newsesque reporter woman in the mouth on Citadel Station. That felt pretty good.

    You can also brutually address her bullshit while also proving how much you care about the human cost of that battle. It's amazing.

    I did that my first playthrough as a paragon. This time I'm just going for "badass" where I choose whatever option is the most awesome regardless of whether it's paragon or renegade.

    So far it's been mostly an even split, there really are a bunch of "badass" paragon moments, and of course I disdain the renegade choices that are just petty, mean, or evil because that's not badass.

    I need to do that sometime. Usually I can't resist going mostly paragon.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Anyway, I'm out to see a movie about toys

    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.
    the winner may also demand a blessing

    Elendil on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rap!

    My only weakness

    Gumpy on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I just punched that trashy Fox Newsesque reporter woman in the mouth on Citadel Station. That felt pretty good.

    You can also brutually address her bullshit while also proving how much you care about the human cost of that battle. It's amazing.

    I did that my first playthrough as a paragon. This time I'm just going for "badass" where I choose whatever option is the most awesome regardless of whether it's paragon or renegade.

    So far it's been mostly an even split, there really are a bunch of "badass" paragon moments, and of course I disdain the renegade choices that are just petty, mean, or evil because that's not badass.

    This is the best way to play both Mass Effect games.

    I call it the Dirty Harry option.

    Lawndart on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.

    There's an entire amateur porn website devoted to guy on guy wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    I'm wondering if it's run by the same company that runs the amateur website devoted to girl on girl wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    It is, but they have different scoring criteria.

    For one thing, they get points for how *cough* firmly they present themselves throughout the fight, so that would kind of disadvantage the gay for pay dudes and favour the guys who actually enjoy it.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I just punched that trashy Fox Newsesque reporter woman in the mouth on Citadel Station. That felt pretty good.

    You can also brutually address her bullshit while also proving how much you care about the human cost of that battle. It's amazing.

    I did that my first playthrough as a paragon. This time I'm just going for "badass" where I choose whatever option is the most awesome regardless of whether it's paragon or renegade.

    So far it's been mostly an even split, there really are a bunch of "badass" paragon moments, and of course I disdain the renegade choices that are just petty, mean, or evil because that's not badass.

    but you never know what hes gonna do with the actions unless you click it
    and by then its too late
    you've already done it

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i would like to file a protective order against nerd

    he's been saying some really hateful and scary things to me through IM
    All I said was that you were a credit to your race. :(

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.sophistics.com/thirdmovement is maybe my favorite so far

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    WHAT THE FLIPPING FUCK!? WHY IS "Use your member number as the ID and password" SO CONFUSING!?

    why not just have one input box

    asking for member number

    Because it has an actual password, just the default is the member numbers password if they haven't set it up, trying to tell our membership that is impossible.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    podly your track title is link spam

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    there should be a renegade option to shoot absolutely every character you encounter in the knees

    even your teammates

    Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    music

    it's noise

    Fixed that for ya.

    not necessarily

    all noise is sound, but not all sound is noise

    Isn't the distinction subjective?

    No, noise is a specific phenomenon with non-periodic (I think that's the term) waveforms.

    Sound is any phenomenon of turning acoustic waves into brain signals.

    Looks like you've got a pedantry fail right there, bro.

    Oh how the mighty have fallen.

    Subjective Distinctions
    Calling some signal or sound noise is often a subjective distinction. One person's maximum-volume music listening pleasure might be another's unbearable noise.

    An annoying background hiss interfering with short-wave radio broadcasts was found to be due to extraterrestrial, indeed cosmic, processes; listening to this "noise" to the exclusion of all other signals with ever more sensitive antennae and receivers is now the science of radio astronomy. Radio astronomers are still plagued by noise in their signals—but now it is thermal noise generated in their equipment interfering with wanted signals from the cosmos.

    Well technically volume has nothing to do with it, unless clipping occurs and creates overtones.

    Basically, you are wrong.

    @Senj: hope you like it!

    the definition signals processing uses isn't the only one man

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Rap!

    My only weakness

    IS THERE NO ONE ELSE

    Achilles.jpg

    Organichu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    podly your track title is link spam

    mwahahaha

    PYRAMID SCHEME

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the galaxy was conquered because shepherd shot everyone in the knees

    Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    podly your track title is link spam

    #1 hits

    Elendil on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    so am I correct in assuming that the deus ex philosophy thread isn't a real philosophy thread because it doesn't contain incomprehensible jargon?

    Also because it does not discuss philosophical topics.

    Right, because Locke, Hume and Hobbes weren't philosophers.

    Watching you get petulant about a thread not being what you want it to be is totes awesome.

    What the hell thread are you reading that discusses Locke, Hume, and Hobbes?

    This is absurd, for the last time it's about political philosophy.

    But not very deep or interesting political philosophy.

    Winky on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    podly your track title is link spam

    mwahahaha

    PYRAMID SCHEME

    what did you sample

    it sounds like old Doctor Who episodes from the 60s when they were scaring the shit out of Brits with therimins and robot planets with musique concrete languages

    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    you know what's a funny question

    "what do you do when it's two tops that are trying to have sex"

    why, it's like trying to plug a power plug into another power plug, they just bang fruitlessly into each other

    I'd assume that what happens is that they wrestle and the loser becomes the bottom.

    Perhaps porn has misled me.

    There's an entire amateur porn website devoted to guy on guy wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    I'm wondering if it's run by the same company that runs the amateur website devoted to girl on girl wrestling matches where the winner gets to sexually abuse the loser.

    It is, but they have different scoring criteria.

    For one thing, they get points for how *cough* firmly they present themselves throughout the fight, so that would kind of disadvantage the gay for pay dudes and favour the guys who actually enjoy it.

    I would assume that'd make it hard (hah!) for the actors who enjoy playing to lose to actually do so effectively.

    Eh, that wrestling stuff is all staged anyway.

    Lawndart on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man I just wanna play some Titan Quest. Download faster!

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I just punched that trashy Fox Newsesque reporter woman in the mouth on Citadel Station. That felt pretty good.

    You can also brutually address her bullshit while also proving how much you care about the human cost of that battle. It's amazing.

    I did that my first playthrough as a paragon. This time I'm just going for "badass" where I choose whatever option is the most awesome regardless of whether it's paragon or renegade.

    So far it's been mostly an even split, there really are a bunch of "badass" paragon moments, and of course I disdain the renegade choices that are just petty, mean, or evil because that's not badass.

    but you never know what hes gonna do with the actions unless you click it
    and by then its too late
    you've already done it

    That's not entirely true. Because I already played through as a paragon I know all the paragon conversation paths and interrupts that made me feel like a sissy, and there are approximately zero renegade interrupts that are not badass.

    Regina Fong on
This discussion has been closed.