As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

looking to add to my wardrobe

DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
ok so I have a pretty distinct style I go for and one of my favorite online retailers for T-shirts is www.fullbleed.org

however, I have one shirt from there (the one with the guy sweeping up the stars) and only intend on getting 1 more so as not to saturate that specific style. What are some other brands/websites that go along the lines of that style?

The kind of shirts (specifically) that I would be looking for are anything with really good use of color, simple and effective design and not cluttered with graphic use.

And I'm looking to get some really nice denim jeans too. my style is close to the skinny jeans, but not quite *that* tight/ridiculous.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm just wondering if there is some indie-style clothing store/online store that I haven't heard of.

DarkSymphony on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For the jeans, try either the Levi's 511 (skinny, but not the super skinny 510s) or if that's too skinny for you, the 514s (slim straight).

Esh on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    For the jeans, try either the Levi's 511 (skinny, but not the super skinny 510s) or if that's too skinny for you, the 514s (slim straight).

This.

Also consider mixing it up, combining cardigans, plaid, or even unbuttoned dress shirts over the tees.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Threadless.com

Videotape on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Videotape wrote: »
    Threadless.com

Peen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    now that i'm finally done my absurdly long term paper, I shall go look at threadless. thing is, I'm not really looking for funny or ironic, I'm looking for really stylish. Something, that, while not entirely 100% unique, you wouldn't see on everyone else. I like being one to stand out,, even if that means I'm not any different than any one else. it's hard to explain, I just hate basic and generic looks.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Threadless has a lot of cool stuff that you are looking for. Yes they have ironic stuff (not in words, but in pictures), but they truly have the best artistic stuff I've seen.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ok I bookmarked 3 of them. Threadless is good definitely. Any others? I've been building my new-ish style over the past year and it looks really good on me. Granted, I get the typical "fucking hipster" comments, but I feel great wearing the style I have going and am really looking to expand it. I'm a big fan of really impressive use of color, gradients, all that kind of stuff. Artistic style, elegant designs and all that. That's why I was so drawn to fullbleed.org. The shirts that guy makes are very simple but extremely effective

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shirt Woot

They can be hit or miss, but there are some beautiful shirts on there at times. You can also buy some archived shirts for 15$. You may like Fractal Tree from the reckoning.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fractal Tee is *exactly* the kind of example i was looking for

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Get a custom tailored 1920's style suit and a fedora. Start smoking a corn cob pipe with vanilla flavored tobacco.

asdfgh.jpg

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.teemagnet.com/

It's a cool site that shows all the daily special shirts from places like Tee Fury, Uneetee, and Shirt.Woot all in one place.

Smurph on