As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Paradox Interactive] Divine Wind finally on Steam, NEW HoI3 expansion announced

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I was just coming to this thread thinking that colonialism, EU's claim to fame, was lacking in depth in EU4, so it's pretty funny that they would announce this xpack tonight. Is there any confirmation that this system will apply to colonies in the Orient? It would be interesting to manage colonies as independent trade companies acting as an arm of the state as in history. The differentiation between the two might not be enough to warrant much in the way of additional features though.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Has anyone had much experience playing Russia/Muscovy/Novgorod in EUIV? What do you do to handle your manpower loss? I've been playing my Chud converted game, and I just am constantly bleeding manpower from severe winters + moving through low support provinces, one minor war can completely wipe out my reserves just from the thousands lost in the winter. I'm afraid to pick a fight with Lithuania or Poland because if I lose 1 battle I'll have no reserves left to put things back together.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Holy fuck do I hate this game sometimes. My most recent Poland game (I have a bad habit of restarting too much) had so much bullshit thrown at me, but up until the very end I was still managing to do decently. I had racked up a decent coalition against me, but I peaced out of the first war with no big problems, just a bunch of cash. There were still enough people in the coalition when the truce expired though, that they declared war again, but this time Austria was emperor and took over war leader from me. We proceed to get stomped (Austria was doing really shitty this time, Styria was broken free) and Austria fucking gives away my two biggest vassals that are too large for me to revassalize easily.

This is after the shitty start where I got a Peasants War event very near the beginning, despite the only qualifying factor being my low manpower and 30% OE. I had positive stability, near full legitimacy, and high prestige. That really should have cued me in to restart right there, but I wanted to make a go of it since I'd never actually had the event fire before.
    Has anyone had much experience playing Russia/Muscovy/Novgorod in EUIV? What do you do to handle your manpower loss? I've been playing my Chud converted game, and I just am constantly bleeding manpower from severe winters + moving through low support provinces, one minor war can completely wipe out my reserves just from the thousands lost in the winter. I'm afraid to pick a fight with Lithuania or Poland because if I lose 1 battle I'll have no reserves left to put things back together.

Assuming you have the NI's of Muscovy/Russia, their increased manpower bonuses are already quite nice, but picking up Quantity on top of that is not a terrible idea. At the beginning though, it's mostly a matter of getting used to using multiple small stacks of units and coordinating their movement so they can reinforce one another quickly.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Yeah I'll have to use smaller stacks I guess, I just have a giant border that goes from Sweden to Crimea, but I keep mainly a group of 3 armies of 17 or so near the border with Poland / Hungary. Sadly I just have generic ideas from the export, so I don't have anything that will help me there. I will look at quantity I guess. I grabbed defensive first because Poland is strong and they have western tech in the export, so they can roll over me if they decide to look my way. I think I'll do expansion and then quantity.

• Options
    Update: I lost to a crusade by Sweden, Poland, Germany and probably a few others. So I'm done with that game. I westernized and everything, but two levels a military tech and a stacked general basically means the computer can obliterate all armies regardless of size.

Also here's a neat thing I discovered from exporting one of the bookmarks

2013-11-07_00001_zps4a17e092.jpg

• Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My god imagine the Qing empire you could form

edit: Speaking of Mongols has anyone seen the CK2 AAR where the guy triggers the Aztec and Mongol invasions at the beginning of the game?

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    My god imagine the Qing empire you could form

edit: Speaking of Mongols has anyone seen the CK2 AAR where the guy triggers the Aztec and Mongol invasions at the beginning of the game?

Nope. Link?

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    So I started a new game as Morocco. Westernized and all that. Been doing pretty well, but my fellow muslims are becoming dead weights.
    2013-11-10_00003_zpsf63b3cb4.jpg

This is what happened when I tried to get one province from the Mamluks. The Mamluks were allied with Russia, who was allied with France and England. So basically the moment I started the war I was at -50% war score, even though personally I didn't lose any battles.

Also this was funny

2013-11-10_00001_zps67858c9e.jpg

• Options
    Update: I lost to a crusade by Sweden, Poland, Germany and probably a few others. So I'm done with that game. I westernized and everything, but two levels a military tech and a stacked general basically means the computer can obliterate all armies regardless of size.

Also here's a neat thing I discovered from exporting one of the bookmarks

2013-11-07_00001_zps4a17e092.jpg

I started playing in this export game as Serbia and its been super fun. I like that since everyone starts at low CA everything comes in as vassals, so it makes playing a smaller state a little more fair because you have time to expand before the big guys can consolidate. Also, the real funny thing is that that Mongol Khanate literally lasted less than 20 years. They import as animist, which basically means they're free land for the countries next to them. I think that is something they should fix with the converter, I don't think unreformed pagans should come in like that. They should just get a 'Western' Pagan slot that doesn't have those huge defense negatives and free coring / no over extension.

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I'm currently playing a CK2 game as a Norse vassal of Norway. Raiding is super fun and extremely profitable, and Pagan CBs are great to have. I have tons of kids, my lands will be split up between them on my death, I'm perfectly okay with that.

I'm also really enjoying being a small player in a much larger state. I don't have to care too much about what happens to the state as a whole, I'm here to raid for cash and build sweet ass castles.

I did conquer Ireland, though. Gives me a good launching point for raiding England and Northern France.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Is there a specific EU4 thread or just this general one?

I was unable to get into CK2 at all but EU4 is devouring my world for some reason. Playing as Castile and I'm doing okay in one sense - have started colonising the new world very early on (so early I took the Azores before Portugal which makes life a lot easier), have complete the Reconquistada and absorbed Navara into Castille. However, I really want to form Spain so the luck bonuses kick in but am totally stumped as to how I deal with Aragon. I can't vassal them as they still have multiple overseas possessions and they are actually a fairly kick ass kingdom. Im still in the 15th century (1494 I think?) so plenty of time left but honestly don't think I have the money and power to beat them militarily. Any suggestions ?

• Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    There is an event, The Iberian Wedding, that fires reliably if the genders of your and Aragon's monarch are different and gives you a free PU; it's time limited though; you have to get it before 1550.

Otherwise, claim throne and war for a PU.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly sure human players can never be Lucky

• Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Your right unfortunately!

Well it's 1520 and both Castille and Aragon are ruled by guys in their 20s so looks like the wedding isn't happening. It's still not possible to take Aragon out militarily either so have been focussing on my colonies - I own a massive amount of the Caribbean. Slightly frustrating that all of South America links through to the Ivory Coast though which seems rather odd (and maybe my history isn't great) - doesn't that make those nodes practically useless?

Question on the way trade works. If I control 50% of a downstream node! is there any difference between collecting taxes at the upstream node with the 50% penalty! or steering it all into my downstream node? Am trying to figure out if I should have my merchant in the carribean collecting taxes or steering trade back to Seville...

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    You can steer trade from the ivory coast up to your home trade node either through the interior of Africa or the coast, you just need traders, light ships, and possibly a colony or two there to make it very much worth your while, the African nations exert almost no power there.

If you own 100% of the power in an upstream node then you will still control 100% of the power no matter what you do, it's just that 100% of the power when collecting will be half the absolute number compared to if you ship it. If anyone else puts a trader and some light ships there or gets some colonies, they'll be able to pull a lot more than their "fair" share downstream because you're reducing how much power you have.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Power and Value are different things. Your % of Power determines the % of Value you control in a node. So it doesn't matter if you get the -90% Power penalty for collecting from a node your capital isn't in, if you have 100% of the Power. You'll still pull out 100% of the Value.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Whoops wrong thread!

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    Power and Value are different things. Your % of Power determines the % of Value you control in a node. So it doesn't matter if you get the -90% Power penalty for collecting from a node your capital isn't in, if you have 100% of the Power. You'll still pull out 100% of the Value.

So is it still worth conquering the Timbuktu node to collect, even if you control all of america west of the node that goes to Bordeaux?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

So is it still worth conquering the Timbuktu node to collect, even if you control all of america west of the node that goes to Bordeaux?

I'd have to see the values of where you'd be collecting, but its almost assuredly better to snatch up all the gold before other people can get a shot at it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

I'd have to see the values of where you'd be collecting, but its almost assuredly better to snatch up all the gold before other people can get a shot at it.

if he controls the nodes downstream of that, it probably is not worthwhile collecting before the capitol.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    That'd really depend on how many people are vying for control in the capitol. If you only have 75% of the total power in your capital node, then pushing 10 gold forward to it will only net you 7.5 gold, if no one is contesting you in the node you were pushing from, you might as well collect that 10 there.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    You also get increased trade value the further you push it onwards, so it's highly dependant on the specific circumstances. Usually you want to push to your capital, and just drop a billion light ships on it to get most of the power.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Brazil connects to Ivory Coast btw to give Portugal a reason to colonise it, as it feeds into the Indian trade route around Africa so the Portuguese are spared fighting over trade in the Caribbean.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    Timbuktu specifically is probably the best place to collect if you aren't collecting in your capitol, as it can't be patrolled by light ships so if you just own all the provinces in it and build some trade buildings, you'll have almost all the power no matter how many people put traders there, because that's all that they can do.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    2013-12-18_00001_zps47a590ab.jpg

Playing Prussia in this game. Jesus christ Ottomans. Russia and I were working together to chip them down but they're just getting out of control

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    So I didn't see anything about the new expansion, here's an interview: rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/10/colonial-colloquial-eu-iv-conquest-of-paradise-interview/#more-183919

It makes the new world random. Like, you don't know what it'll look like until you get there. Also, there's a new "migration" mechanic for native american nations that sounds cool. Plus new world provinces can be granted independence (and then you can switch to them from the lobby), which is something I've always wanted to be able to do.

Time to start playing as either Portugal or Iroquois again...

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Might look into playing a 13 colonies game.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hey Paradox thread, here's the 1.4 patchnotes for EUIV
    #################################
    # Interface Improvements
    #################################
    # General
    - Can now change province capital names
    - Can now toggle whether you want others to be able to attach to your units or not
    - Added alert_high_liberty_desire
    - Terra Incognita is now shown when loading save games
    - Possible to right-click through on map combat interface
    - Tutorial selection: Display chapter title and description correctly if going back after selection
    - Fixed army size tooltip
    - City sprawl now visible again in the lobby (base size on base tax)
    - Added some interface information about Republics in Regencies getting randomly generated rulers on game start
    - Added missing GFX_combat_terrain_coastline
    - Added missing GFX_combat_terrain_woods
    - Fixed missing combat terrain GFX_combat_terrain_forest
    - Minimap: Generate based on topology
    - Minimap: Hide areas that are in TI
    - The player names are now updated properly on map in player mapmode in game setup.
    - Incompatible savegames now has a icon.
    - The correct tooltip for build cost are now shown for mercenaries.
    - The Fort Defense value in the siege interface are now correctly updated when sieging back provinces from rebels.
    - The log is now cleared when loading savegame ingame.
    - Countries may now have a separate mapcolor (political mapmode etc) and countrycolor
    - Alert for troops in foreign territory is no longer shown for any type of subject provinces.
    - Over diplomatic relations alert now lists all relations in the delayed tooltip.
    - Changed order which relations are checked for the purpose of coloring the on-map unitinterfaces
    - DIPLO_HAS_SUBJECTS will no longer be shown if the country isn't independent
    - Trade interface: Disabled trade node connection buttons for undiscovered locations

# Tabs
    - It is now clearer that Religious Unity also includes modifiers and not only provinces.
    - Updated local income tooltip to include yearly income from provinces
    - Fixed mismatch between the War Exhaustion value in defender of the faith-tooltip and the value in stability view.
    - Extended the box that shows accepted cultures.
    - Added AI personality icon in the diplomacy view.
    - Better explanation for yearly increase in tooltip for advisor-cost in economy view.

# Mapmodes
    - Opinion and coalition mapmode no longe gives tooltips for sea provinces.
    - Fixed better tooltips in HRE mapmode.
    - Occupied provinces no longer gets stripes in trade mapmode.
    - Added a color to continents
    - Changed the hideous color of Germany

# Diplomacy
    - Enemy of Enemy opinion modifier tooltip displays monthly ticks
    - Fixed a bunch of missing cancel descriptions for diplomatic actions
    - Updated tooltip for Excommunication to reflect the actual CB
    - Added country name to annexation/integration tooltip
    - Display prestige loss in summary text when conceding defeat
    - It is now clearer which country becomes vassal or protectorate
    - Added estimated completion date to Improve Relation tooltip
    - Leader and "war leader may not demand peace" icon tooltips no longer overlaps.

# Province
    - Fixed better tooltip for tax in province view. (It's now explained that it's the yearly income)
    - Terrain picture now shown in province view if the resolution is high enough.
    - Rebel-controlled provinces will no longer say "noreligion of rebels" as state religion
    - The province history view are now properly updated when changing province while looking at it.

# Ledger
    - Added a ledger page for possible colonies.
    - Added a ledger page for income type comparisons between countries.
    - Culture piecharts in ledger now shows the same values as being used to determine when cultures become accepted or not

# Messages
    - Can now see personality of another country's new ruler in new monarch message
    - Added go to button to 20+ messages
    - Shields in popups now work again
    - End of Combat message: Fixed misaligned OK button
    - End of Combat message: Siege icon no longer visible for naval combat
    - End of Combat message: Fixed missing maneuver tooltip
    - We guarantee other is no longer a message pop-up by default.

# Comets
    - Comet Sighted is a bit more rare now.
    - Having the scottish national idea "Comets" now properly reduces the chance of Comet Sighted significantly.
    - Comet Sighted now have another option for those that like choice.

# Technology
    - Techs costs are now reduced by about 5% for each full ideagroup of that category. Each idea reduces by 0.7%.
    - Techs now slowly increase in cost over time (20% for lategame techs)
    - American techgroups now start at level 1.

- Westernisation no longer requires non-negative stability.
    - While westernising, you no longer get +200% stability costs, but instead +5RR.
    - Westernisation no longer depends on stability, but instead progress +10 from each power each month if possible.. When progress hits 5000, modified by techgroup, its finished. (2400 eastern, 5000 native american)
    - Westernisation events are now "bad effect" or "give up 4 months progress".
    - You can now see more details about effect of westernisation and estimated finish date in the interface.
    - When westernisation is finished, it will be truly finished, and no rebels can change that fact.

# Trade Nodes
    - Added new tradenode Western Europe, leading to Sevilla, Bourdeaux, Antwerpen & London
    - Carribean no longer leads to Sevilla & Bordeaux, but instead to Western Europe.
    - Moved Chesapeake connection from London & Bordeaux to Western Europe.
    - Mauritanian coast now leads to Western Europe instead of Sevilla.
    - California now also feeds Missisippi.
    - Missisippi now also feeds St Lawrence.
    - Basra now also feeds Persia.
    - Genoa now feeds into Bordeuax.
    - Malacca now feeds into Zanzibar.
    - Indus now feeds into Samarkand.
    - Tradenodes are now repaired if older savegames are loaded.
    - removed kashmir-indus link
    - Sevilla is now an end-node.
    - Venice and Sevilla are now determined as proper endnodes for powerpropagation chains, just as Antwerp is.

# Trade
    - Reworked some prices on tradegoods, boosting some underperforming tradegoods.
    - Tradepower now propagate upstream into empty tradenodes.
    - Capitals now propagate power upstream.
    - Tradepower below 2 is not propagated upstream.
    - Upstream propagation is now splitted between all incoming links where valid.
    - A trading nation is no longer counted as having no presence if it only has transfered tradepower (also fixes the ever growing trade piechart)
    - Removed tradepower malus from lesser governments.
    - Now possible to trade in your homenode even if its out of range
    - Colonial & Protector overlords now get power in all tradenodes their subjects have power as well.
    - Merchants now have a proper travel time again.

# Combat
    - Tweaked terrain penalties on combat width and attacker a bit down .
    - Units now take 10% more morale damage in combat.
    - Each day, every unit in a combat now loses 0.01 morale.
    - Native ferocity now also reduce damage taken.
    - Shattered retreat now have a cap of no longer than 10 provinces.
    - A unit retreating shattered will now stop retreating when it reaches maximum morale.
    - The prestige from naval/land combat modifier now increases the cap of how much you can get from a combat as well.

- Succession Wars are no longer automatic.
    When a country have the chance to form a union with each other, the strongest of the new overlords rivals and/or nations with a royal marriage or same dynasty, have the opportunity to challenge them in a succession war.

# Diplomacy
    - Cancelling vassalization will now create a truce with the released state
    - Cancelling vassalization now only results in losing 25 prestige (no stability hit)
    - Royal marriages will not break if a regent dies.
    - Subjects no longer get expansion cb's.
    - Subjects to a player can not become lucky nations.
    - Subject nations can no longet sell provinces

# War & Peace
    - If you send a stabhitting peaceoffer, your callforpeace penalty is reset.
    - Scripting separate badboy_factor and prestige_factor for defender in wargoal now works
    - Rescripted all wargoals that use separate attacker/defender settings
    - wargoals are now applied at all cases in peacescore calculations.
    - Release Nation and Annex now deducts provinces ceded properly when calculating final peacescore.
    - CORECLAIM_PEACE_COST_DIP_FRACTION in two separate cost reductions
    - CORE_PEACE_COST_DIP_FRACTION now gives 20% reduction
    - Not possible to call to arms if they are already called
    - If you are a daimyo and force another daimyo to release another daimyo, then that daimyo will become a proper vassal of Japan now.
    - Making a country a protectorate will now break all their alliances

# Tariffs
    - Old system for tariffs completely gone.
    - Colonial nations now give a percentage of ALL their income as tariffs, starting at 10%.
    - Increasing tariffs is done per colony, for 25 admin power for +2.5% Tariffs and +5% Liberty Desire in the colony.

# Colonisation
    - Overseas provinces now give production income again, but with a -100% local production efficiency.
    - Colonial Nations are now formed if you own more than 5 provinces in the same colonial region in the New World, and you lose core on these provinces.
    - Colonial nations have a 10% penalty on their colonists giving a boost & only get 25% growth in their colonies.
    - Colonies now properly autocore when they become a city.
    - Fixed an inconsistency between displayed and actual settler growth
    - You can now colonise adjacent to colonial subjects.
    - No Adjacent Controlled penalty on colonial growth is not applied adjacent to your colonial subjects.

# Armies
    - Exiled units will no longer cause natives to spawn.
    - Armies at ships no longer reinforce at all.
    - Armies at ships now always take 1% attrition, and not depending on naval supply limits.
    - Rebalanced some recruitment speed modifiers.
    - When a unit goes to board transports, all attached units will now be detached

# Navies
    - Pirates only spawn outside coasts of those that can build ships.
    - naval leaders no longer get unused bonus siege values.
    - removed the "not-patrolled" modifier from the game.
    - Not possible to give move order for more than one province into TI
    - Dependecy relations now allow each other to repair their ships in each ports.

# Force Limits
    - Colonial States now provide basic naval force limit from their ports. (ie, not buildings)
    - Vassals & Colonial states now provide land force limits to their overlords.

- You will no longer get increase AE from actions just because you are a bigger country.
    - All impact on AE from war & peace now scale, there are no fixed values there anymore.

- World Conqueror & Three Mountains: You need to have the entire world under your control.. All countries should either be conquered or a subject of you. Subjects = Vassal, Colony, Lesser Union or Protectorate.
    - Jihad now 'only' requires owning 500 cities, and having 100% religious unity.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, that was harrowing...

Playing EUIV 1.4, figured I'd give my beloved Scotland the first run (actually, my first run as Scotland in any PDox game... my ancestors must be upset).

Anywho, everything's going pretty well. I've conquered all of Ireland, and thanks to an event giving me a 6 shock and 6 fire general I'd booted the vile English out of Northumbria (and freed Cornwall! Yay for the Cornish!). England looks crippled, I'm allied with France and Castille and Denmark... Norway has Orkney still so I think "Fuck it, I don't need Denmark". I've got a big navy and it's basically a war on my terms, seems like it'll be easy, and it is. Except for the bit where my heir (not leading troops) dies. Then my king dies of old age, and a member of House de Valois takes his place a little after Orkney is officially Scottish soil.

Then, two years later, the 19 year old de Valois King of Scotland dies.

France and Castile erupt into a succession war against one another. France wins, Castile gets pimp slapped by Aragon in the process of getting pimp slapped by France... and Scotland is locked into a PU with France.

But I've still got that big ol' navy, so I promptly declare independence. A half decade struggle ensues with my big ol' navy now only darting out to take out smaller stacks of ships because France has the greatest Admiral in the history of fucking ever, but after the initial massive attempt failed to invade Ireland, my land has remained pretty secure against France and her allies. Finally, France is willing to grant my independence, maybe throw in some gol-

England has declared WAR against you!!! They want all of their shit back.

And the next several years are spent watching the last of my manpower whittle down to nothing, I retreat up to the Highlands burning the rest of Scotland behind me to let the English starve. Finally I realize I can't keep running (literally, there's no where else to run to. England and Portugal together would make a navy extraction dicey). So I roll the dice, put my best general in charge of the troops, and march against the only slightly starved English.

And by golly, we booted them back.

And freed Wales. Eat a dick, England.

I think the problem is, I really don't wantto conquer all of England. I don't want to ever see Great Britain form, and I plan to eventually take control of a colony. So I guess the lesson I learned is "don't get PUed by France".

• Options
    I couldn't resist...

eu4_35_zps9a59f6de.png

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You're just jealous of my pun skills.

• Options
    Wait you still have colonial countries even if you're an african country?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As long as your capital is not on the same continent as the colonial region.

• Options
    You can have a colonial subject if you're a native American tribe if you colonize south America without a land connection to your capitol.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So I recently got back into Crusader Kings II in a big way. I seriously need to shake the gut feeling that starting out as a Count is the game's equivalent of "Easy" because, hey, Counts don't have that many unruly vassals to wrestle with, right?

But anyway, what I really like to do is pick a starting spot somewhere and then create a ruler with a completely unsuitable Religion and see how long I last. Because I'm still pretty new here, I usually don't last very long.

But I do have one success story (well... "success"). I started out as a Dutch Zoroastrian, doing my usual thing of building up what little economy I had and bringing more Zoroastrians into my court through marriage and maybe forging a few papers that said I totally had a claim on some neighbouring counties, you guys. In time, my religious adviser died and was replaced by a guy who had a lot of Learning and didn't hate me that much. So a few bribes and meaningless titles later, I managed to convert him to Zoroastrianism. And then I had him spread the religion.

And it worked. Within a few years all the nobles in my domain had converted to Zoroastrianism and the common people soon followed. For a few decades, the great white CATHOLIC blob of Europe had a few green Zoroastrian bits within it.

And then my ruler died of old age and my heir wasn't liked as much by everybody else and a Holy War was declared and... well, you can guess how that went.

Still, it was pretty funny while it lasted.

• Options
    I will not name it Malifornia, I will not name it Malifornia, I will not name it Malifornia...

• Options
    Alrighty, my hat is officially in the ring for the Paradox Short Story Contest (I just managed to beat the deadline).

Now I have to wait a month to be disappointed.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Have you guys checked out the PC gamer article on HoI4? Sounds like a really nice step forward for the series. On phone right now, so can't easily link it.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Yeah, if they can fix the micro for HoI like they did in EU4....that would be pretty good

steam_sig.png