As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Verify Your Account NOW

1565758596062»

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It was a Time Machine backup, I reformatted it a few times to different formats in OSX, and Windows would not recognize it as a drive.

If you don't believe me, search for "Mybook Essentials Windows 7 not recognized." It's a problem with the line of drives, not this specific drive.

adytum on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Derrick wrote: »
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Wow, so Gothic 4 is about to be released in a month or so. It'll be interesting to see what a new team will do with the Gothic series.

I imagine you'll have to hold the 5 key, double tap 0 on the num pad, and then left click the mouse all while holding down F5 to move forward... if the past is any indication.
    And still I've had far more fun for my buck with Gothic I+II and Risen than I've had with Oblivion or pretty much any other freeroaming RPG's on the market.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    It was a Time Machine backup, I reformatted it a few times to different formats in OSX, and Windows would not recognize it as a drive.

If you don't believe me, search for "Mybook Essentials Windows 7 not recognized." It's a problem with the line of drives, not this specific drive.

Any HDD formatted with the HFS+ file system ("Mac OS Extended") will be unreadable under Windows 7, unless you use the type of programs RBach indicated. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, as I've seen many people trying to move files from a Macbook to a desktop PC and wondering why their HDD won't work.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Any HDD formatted with the HFS+ file system ("Mac OS Extended") will be unreadable under Windows 7, unless you use the type of programs RBach indicated. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, as I've seen many people trying to move files from a Macbook to a desktop PC and wondering why their HDD won't work.

Which is why I, among other things, tried formatting it to FAT. It doesn't matter, Windows 7 can't even recognize the drive to format it.

Anywho, I'm happily playing STALKER off the external I did find. All is well in the world.

adytum on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Which is why I, among other things, tried formatting it to FAT. It doesn't matter, Windows 7 can't even recognize the drive to format it.

Anywho, I'm happily playing STALKER off the external I did find. All is well in the world.

Since you have a solution this is more for curosity's sake. In OS X and launch Disk Utility and check the info on the HDD. What does it say in the "Partition Map Scheme" category?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I remember seeing a post on the Steam forums or here that listed all Steam games with strange DRM rules, like limits to how many times a game can be installed and such.

I've tried searching it on the Steam search engine but I can't find it. Anyone have any idea where I can get this info?

I know what you're talking about, there used to be a big sticky that attempted to list out DRM for every title on Steam in the general forum. It looks to be gone now, I don't know what happened to it.

It was limited to only the first five Steam threads.

Took me a minute for this to sink in, but then big laughs. Well played. :lol:

:^:

Big Classy on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, so Gothic 4 is about to be released in a month or so. It'll be interesting to see what a new team will do with the Gothic series.

I imagine you'll have to hold the 5 key, double tap 0 on the num pad, and then left click the mouse all while holding down F5 to move forward... if the past is any indication.
    And still I've had far more fun for my buck with Gothic I+II and Risen than I've had with Oblivion or pretty much any other freeroaming RPG's on the market.

For my money, Morrowind has certainly been king. Oblivion... well the lack of things to explore and ultra reliance on enemies leveling with you kind of kills it. Fallout 3 is really more along the lines of what Oblivion should have been, mechanically speaking.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

For my money, Morrowind has certainly been king. Oblivion... well the lack of things to explore and ultra reliance on enemies leveling with you kind of kills it. Fallout 3 is really more along the lines of what Oblivion should have been, mechanically speaking.

Yeah, Morrowind is my favorite open rpg by far, with the first two Gothic games and Planescape: Torment right behind.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But...PST isn't an open world RPG?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    But...PST isn't an open world RPG?

Okay, favorite rpgs, then :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Time for a new thread. Someone else take the reins. I don't really update it much.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would if I were able to post in-line pictures

but don't run away too far Steam thread

eventually

eventually

you'll be mine

Alegis on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And if you could actually post new topics.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Unless someone else steps up to the plate I can volunteer, though I probably won't be able to get around to it until I get home from work today.

If we can't wait that long, then by all means someone else take a whack at it. Whack it hard.

Michael H on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Suds wrote: »
    Time for a new thread. Someone else take the reins. I don't really update it much.

I'll get it sometime today when I get home from classes.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice one Jobastion. Worms for £10 :D that's more like it!

Mangaroo on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mangaroo wrote: »
    Nice one Jobastion. Worms for £10 :D that's more like it!

Glad to see you don't have to worry any more!

We need to organise some games when it gets released, PA!

Centipeed on
  • Options
    MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Haha, was a bit inpatient but trusted to send it over before i slept anyway :D Just been stalking the steam forums about it - cant wait :) see u then!

Mangaroo on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy Crap! Why didn't I see how discounted S:SOC and S:COP were? I know they will be buggy but it will make killing that monster on the more swee- AGGGGHHH! IT HAS MY LEGS! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

*BANGBANGBANG*

Oh, it was a bunny.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zerokku on