As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Daily Show [PHALLA]! Liberal and Matalin Victory!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Daniant for badness!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Anonymous obviously doesn't believe in our basic rights and freedoms, like the right of every American to bear arms. I didn't hear the word "adult" in there. Do you want to take our children's guns away Anonymous?

Remember, we do this for the children.

Y'know, you can call me whatever you like, but I say !The Anonymous can have my guns when he pries them out of my cold dead hands. I mean, what does he want me to do - reason with the rapist serial killing sociopath that breaks into my house in the middle of the night?

Well, maybe he can go that route if he wants - I'll stick with something I know I can depend on, thanks.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Savant wrote: »
    Actual policy disputes will get you kicked out of the Village. Take that shit to D&D.

Presumably bullshit policy disputes are encouraged, right?

Obviously.

If you demonstrate any actual understand of public policy, that's a problem. Generally speaking, if you're a D&D veteran, post like the obnoxious guy whose name I forget that keeps registered alts and getting banned again.

EDIT: Obs! Your goal is to post like Obs. Only don't get banned.

I am nearly tempted to vote for you for even joking about forgetting about Obs!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know what Daily Show guys? I know you think you are all high and mighty and better than us pundits and journalists, but the only reason why you get to your "fake news" games is because of us real news folk. Without us, you got no material, no nothing. Are you going to play with puppets for 20 minutes?

So what are you going to do, make fun of us? Go ahead, I dare you to show your best against me. I'd like to see you try.

Savant on
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    Actual policy disputes will get you kicked out of the Village. Take that shit to D&D.

Presumably bullshit policy disputes are encouraged, right?

Obviously.

If you demonstrate any actual understand of public policy, that's a problem. Generally speaking, if you're a D&D veteran, post like the obnoxious guy whose name I forget that keeps registered alts and getting banned again.

EDIT: Obs! Your goal is to post like Obs. Only don't get banned.

I am nearly tempted to vote for you for even joking about forgetting about Obs!

Who is Obs?

and voting Orange Soda

bratr on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Obs was a very, very dense person who made a variety of non-sensical posts in just about every political thread in D&D. Eventually, he was banned. Then he came back with an alt. And was banned again. And repeated this process every two weeks or so for several months.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ah.

bratr on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    !Capfalcon is the bestest candidate. I heard he said if you vote for him you'd get a puppy.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »
    !Capfalcon is the bestest candidate. I heard he said if you vote for him you'd get a puppy.

Bribing people to vote? Sounds like ACORN to me.

Megatin on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Psh. You see, this is exactly what they want you do to. They want you to put up with the current regeim instead of trying to get back down to the fundimentials of what made this the greatest Phalla on the forums. And how are they going to . They're going to use YOUR tax money to give a puppy to every Infidel, Daniant, and Ebum that wants one.

It's Puppy Commnunism, I tell you!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Obs was a very, very dense person who made a variety of non-sensical posts in just about every political thread in D&D. Eventually, he was banned. Then he came back with an alt. And was banned again. And repeated this process every two weeks or so for several months.

not to say that anything will happen... but it is usually a poor choice to talk about banned alts, trolls or anyone you think might be a troll or alt. even in this setting, thanatos may not like it.

also, that whole glorious edict thing.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

And just how many puppies does this "Captain" have if he's just giving them away for votes? I bet he has a whole basement full of puppies, so many they can't even move around!

Capfalcon because he should treat his puppies better!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    24 hours remaining

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    24 hours remaining

Endorsement from God that the 24-hour news networks are one of society's most useful contribution to the human race? Undeniable! What other conclusion could you possibly draw!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Clearly that means we must fill the next 24 hours with something! What's that? We don't have anything? Just throw up some random twitter crap, nobody will notice.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !reserve up for funnehs

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon

You were my friend in the first phalla I played in. I'm really sorry man...

Svenska on
    Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    A quick poll of the thread reveals no major bandwagons forming! More later on!

I'd like to voice an objection with this statement, given the Liberal Media (redundant, I know) has taken to performing a series of smear jobs upon my personage.

I believe that Romanqwerty is behind this skulduggery, and I demand that he be taken to task for these base tactics.

In other news, rumors are flying that one Ebum has had sexual relations with a barnyard animal. More on the story when we return from the break.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Special Day .5 Narration

Capfalcon was smited by God today, in a bizarre incident.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Special Day .5 Narration

Capfalcon was smited by God today, in a bizarre incident.

oooooooOOOOOOOooooo

It appears the rumors were unfounded.

OOOOOOooooooooOOOOO

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    And de-smited!

To clarify, that was a joke on my part.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God damnit guys. Am i still winning the vote?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to have to vote for Shushnik for trying to start a counterwagon when there were not any other clear wagons formed yet. My 2nd guess would be either that and/or jdarksun as Liberals. (he also started a counter wagon soon after)

Being mafia in other games, I know how frustrating it can be on Day 1 when grudge votes and nonsensical votes are being flown around and one of your members may already have a vote or two. One of the worst things that can happen is for mafia to get day 1. In the case of non-definitive day 1 votes, I try to look closely at the counterwagon starters more so than I would normally (ESPECIALLY if they gain momentum).

I would think that T_A is the most obvious choice for the vote today due to his mentioning of masons and if you can trust them or not, but that would be a silly assumption to make by the village (one I see them make all too many times). If either Shushnik or jdark come up red, than we can look closer at T_A to see if they were trying to save him, but it would be foolish to waste a kill on him before than.

I think the best course of action is to see what color Shushnik bleeds and go from there.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inactivity post because I'll be out most if not all of the day :(

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    I love phalla logic.

"Shushnik threw out a silly vote on day 1, so I'll write a lengthy analysis trying to bandwagon him for starting a bandwagon."

It fits so well with this theme, the hypocrisy and all. Nicely done OS.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    These ... comedians are laughing at us. While we are informative they only seek to bring us down and destroy our work with their communism.

Orange Soda for leading the village astray last game.

oh man I'm hungry

Alegis on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God damnit guys. Am i still winning the vote?

Are you questioning the wisdom of democracy, !romanquerty?

Are you questioning the wisdom of AMERICA?

(It's so much easier to write fake conservative BS than fake liberal BS. Why isn't Rachel Maddow funnier, dammit?)

ronrab on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also this got me watching TDS again.

shizzle mah nizzle dizzle fifth of July frizzle

Alegis on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It looks like some people have not posted at all since the game has started. What are they hiding!?

Ebfan on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Ebfan wrote: »
    It looks like some people have not posted at all since the game has started. What are they hiding!?

Because they hate America.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I hate you all so much for making me do this.

I am .......<drum roll> E.P.I.C. R.E.V.E.A.L.

A Neutral. Sort of.

I'm a flip-flopper.

I start off with no allegiances (or direct win condition) and when seered (by conservatives or liberals at least) i become aligned with that side.

No one benefits from my death so can we please call off this witch hunt?

If you don't believe me, then seer me? If you do believe me then can you seer me anyway for obvious reasons. You don't even have to contact me, i just want a real win condition.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Boy, I wonder how that would work if both factions seered you on the same night. Maybe you'd turn into Lieberman. :D

Shushnik on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate these filthy Neutrals. With enemies you know where they stand but with Neutrals, who knows? It sickens me.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Boy, I wonder how that would work if both factions seered you on the same night. Maybe you'd turn into Lieberman. :D

I assume RNG. Either that or they cancel out.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So both sides seer roman tonight. If you don't the other will.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So, you're a flip flopper that changes sides only once? NOT ENOUGH FLIPPING OR FLOPPING

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So, you're a flip flopper that changes sides only once? NOT ENOUGH FLIPPING OR FLOPPING

I change side every time.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    That sounds like a fabulous reason to die

!romanqwerty

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ah, that makes more sense, but doesn't help your "don't kill me" argument. Why wouldn't a side just seer someone else and vig you, rather than constant seers to keep you on one side?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I change side every time.

So we'd have to waste a seer on you every turn or risk having the other faction snatch you away?

Megatin on