Options

This [Chat] Dedicated to Sarksus

1616263646567»

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I hate people who work incredibly hard to make up for their intellectual shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong, hard work is great and all that, but don't act like you're the fucking king of the world because you did slightly better than everyone else with eight times more work.

This came out wrong.

I hate the attitude of superiority that these people exude. That is really what I meant, before people bite my dick off.

Why shouldn't they feel a bit superior? They put in the extra work and that paid off, they did better than their peers.

Because work isn't the most important thing in the world and people get pissed off very quickly when people go on about how great they are, which definitely seems to be a recurrening theme in conversation with kids like that.

What's more important than hard work?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    In my (admittedly limited, so take this with a grain of salt) experience most people who are part of the BDSM side of things don't think marriage serves much purpose.

But what is more BDSM than the sado-masochistic bondage of marriage?

If marriage is a sado-masochistic bond than I must be doing it wrong. :lol:

Says the woman wearing the hajib. :P

Really not as funny as you may have intended it to be.
    Because work isn't the most important thing in the world and people get pissed off very quickly when people go on about how great they are, which definitely seems to be a recurrening theme in conversation with kids like that.

Work is one of the most important things in the world. Sure, they shouldn't go on about it for too long (maybe mention once how well they did on something, but don't rub other people's faces in it), but that doesn't mean they shouldn't feel superior or proud of their work in that specific area.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    it just occurred to me that the cloth I tied around my neck soaked in ice water is pink.

I am wearing only boxer-briefs.

I can only wonder what will go through my parents' minds if they come into my room.

I know what's going through my pants right now.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    I hate people who work incredibly hard to make up for their intellectual shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong, hard work is great and all that, but don't act like you're the fucking king of the world because you did slightly better than everyone else with eight times more work.

This came out wrong.

I hate the attitude of superiority that these people exude. That is really what I meant, before people bite my dick off.

Why shouldn't they feel a bit superior? They put in the extra work and that paid off, they did better than their peers.

Everything and nothing.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

This came out wrong.

getting crunk

erry day

Tav on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In my (admittedly limited, so take this with a grain of salt) experience most people who are part of the BDSM side of things don't think marriage serves much purpose.

But what is more BDSM than the sado-masochistic bondage of marriage?

If marriage is a sado-masochistic bond than I must be doing it wrong. :lol:

Says the woman wearing the hajib. :P

Really not as funny as you may have intended it to be.

I know, I am apparently horrible at jokes.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

For some reason when I read it the first time I thought it said she was a teacher.

Which, of course, would have made it hilarious.

I'm an awful person.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    someone start her back up

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    For the record I'm not going to take a class just because of the female:male ratio

But it is nonsensical to say that caring about the ratio is always a bad thing

It is not sexist or dumb to think hey if I want to meet women it might help to be places where there are women

just having lots of girls around is great on the whole

girls rock

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »

Responding by PM.

Ominous

Eh, nothing really. Just people don't like it in here so I took it to PM. Pretty much just reiterated and applied my relationship thread.

I think the conversation would be fine in here, but it's up to you. Whatever you're comfortable with. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

This came out wrong.

The joys the fruits of your labour bring, of course.

If you can get more out of less work, that's fantastic.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yup, schools certainly can get pretty nasty for the teachers, if listening to my mother and her friends (they are all teachers) gossip is anything to go by. But then I suspect any long term employment, very stable workforce situation would be pretty similar.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    postin'

Sarksus on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.suntimes.com/business/savage/2464546,CST-NWS-savage05.savagearticle

Wut?
    The three young girls -- under the watchful eye of a nanny, sitting on the grass with them -- explained that they had regular lemonade, raspberry lemonade, and small chocolate candy bars.

Then my brother asked how much each item cost.

"Oh, no," they replied in unison, "they're all free!"

I sat in the back seat in shock. Free? My brother questioned them again: "But you have to charge something? What should I pay for a lemonade? I'm really thirsty!"

His fiancee smiled and commented, "Isn't that cute. They have the spirit of giving."

That really set me off, as my regular readers can imagine.

"No!" I exclaimed from the back seat. "That's not the spirit of giving. You can only really give when you give something you own. They're giving away their parents' things -- the lemonade, cups, candy. It's not theirs to give."

I pushed the button to roll down the window and stuck my head out to set them straight.

"You must charge something for the lemonade," I explained. "That's the whole point of a lemonade stand. You figure out your costs -- how much the lemonade costs, and the cups -- and then you charge a little more than what it costs you, so you can make money. Then you can buy more stuff, and make more lemonade, and sell it and make more money."

Seriously?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    82 years ago today, the greatest thing ever was created.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I didn't realize you were that old, Thom.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Sliced bread ain't so hot, thom.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

I didn't realize you were that old, Thom.

I'm very spry. And still younger then Will.
    Sliced bread ain't so hot, thom.

:mrgreen:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I'm not 82 and neither is super mariokart.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This thread will be locked once I have posted the last post.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Double Dash was way better than Snes Kart, bob.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jeep, it's okay you aren't good at math, that's what the SOCIAL sciences and liberal studies are for. :P

Fuck that man, I'm probably going to major in biology and just struggle through the minimum amount of math needed for the degree.

I was always good at science in high school, I even did pretty well in chemistry despite the math involved. I love English, but when I listen to our resident English Lit majors talk here, I generally want to punch them in the head, so I must avoid the liberal arts.

As a Biology major who sucked at math:

Totally doable. Go for it!

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    This thread will be locked once I have posted the last post.

and then your cat will show up.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

no way

snes kart best kart

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I full understand how social studies departments can get nasty. Think of what these people teach and study? Hell part of the AP Euro curriculum at my school was reading The Prince. I mean if you know all these things about history and how people gained power, don't you want to try them out?

<===Wants to be a history teacher but knows full well what he is getting into and cares less than two shits.

You know on the other hand, a very good friend of mine became a high school history teacher (started out in middle school, moved up a few years ago) and he loves it. His father is a retired high school art teacher, and his step mother is a middle school principal who is set to retire soon.

He's totes popular with his students (they fucking love him, because the dude has always been a hoot) and this year the graduating class voted him to give their commencement (a sure sign of popularity, if not necessarily skilled teaching).

I haven't asked him about the politics of his job, but I can only imagine he is managing well or he would be unhappy and dream-crushed by now.

I will say though he is smart, witty, and has a hell of a way with people. He's one of those people who can verbally rip someone into tiny little pieces and even have his victim laughing at themselves in shame, so I imagine with that kind of social skill he can kind of power his way through a lot of the political bullshit.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm moving. This place has too many pages and has lost it's appeal. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I sleep now

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    evilbob wrote: »

no way

snes kart best kart

call me when Super Mario Kart let's you share a cart with your buddy and focus solely on messing up the other racers.

and then put trent on the phone.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Just Like ThatJust Like That Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My history/social studies teachers were all crazy.

I had a super liberal hippie chick in 7th grade. I remember when she was going over the dispute over how states should be represented in goverment (the house of representatives/senate compromise), she claimed that an equal number of representatives from each state was the "fair" way. Except it's not (why should Montana have a vote as strong as New York? There's like 12 people in that state).

Then I had a really old black dude who was very strict. I have no idea what his politics were because he was too busy yelling at students all the time.

Then I had a younger black dude who was pretty laid back and liked to ramble on and on about whatever he felt like talking about. He seemed pretty smart, but he would start the class talking about the revolutionary war and end up talking about some guy he knew in high school.

Then I had a white guy who thought George W. Bush was a good president. He was a nice, good person, but he thought George W. Bush was a good president.

Just Like That on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man I am staying here. D&D does not look kindly on double unauthorized [chat] posting.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm moving. This place has too many pages and has lost it's appeal. :P

i got this feeling:whistle:

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    evilbob wrote: »

no way

snes kart best kart

call me when Super Mario Kart let's you share a cart with your buddy and focus solely on messing up the other racers.

and then put trent on the phone.

AND THREAD CLOSE

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.