As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Transformers: Fall of Cybertron] Available now. Roll out!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd like to hop in with you guys tonight. About what time will you guys be getting on? I added a few of you already.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also waiting for PSN dlc.

Could have sworn that they update the store at 7pm est.

edit: there it is!

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm guessing the game host has to have the maps or they don't show up in rotation? I have them, but haven't gotten to play in them yet.

Ceno on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'd like to hop in with you guys tonight. About what time will you guys be getting on? I added a few of you already.

I'll be on at 10:30 EST.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It'll be between 10:30 and 11 for me. Wife works at a restaurant, and people who come in 10 minutes before the restaurant closes and demand to be served can go right ahead and fuck themselves.

Ceno on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So the double XP starts Friday night, or...?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oo, I am a big fan of the new skins. The Decepticon leader is boss, and I might actually play Soldier now since I won't be stuck playing as ugly ugly Warpath. But I still hate the Soldier's abilities.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Double XP?

When?

Where?

EDIT: OP says "weekend", so Friday? Or is it all week?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited July 2010
    If it's like the last one, it'll start around 9PM EST Friday and end about the same time Sunday.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    42 minutes to download a 290MB file.

Fuck PSN.

And I set it do d/l in background, and then when I went to my downloads to see what it was at, I selected it and it started back at the beginning? What the fuck

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ceno and I are the only ones on. The rest of you, stop jacking it to Gobots slash fiction and get your asses on.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Starcraft 2 is not Gobots.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    They really should have released the DLC like, a week ago. Terrible timing.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It says that they tuned some weapons and abilities. Any idea on what and how?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ceno and I are the only ones on. The rest of you, stop jacking it to Gobots slash fiction and get your asses on.

I would be on, but my sister has pretty much hijacked the TV. I'll be on as soon as she's off.

@Forever Zefiro: I'm not sure exactly, but from my limited experience with my Leader, the Fusion Cannon seems weaker. I haven't been using it as much myself anyway, but when other Leaders have been spamming it I haven't had too much trouble fighting them despite not having Flak Armor equipped (decided to try Ion Booster and Moleculon Bomb).

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm on. I'm on. I'm talking to you right now.

anoffday on
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had a lot of lag tonight, just a lot of crappy connections to hosts I guess. A lot more Host has quit problems too.

More people had mics tonight than normal, and I've seen more Prime mode people than usual too. Guess people are checking out the dlc.

Its pretty sad though that I can Ram open air, just missing people to the left or right, and then get credit for killing them from it.

Menasor on
    Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Menasor wrote: »
    Its pretty sad though that I can Ram open air, just missing people to the left or right, and then get credit for killing them from it.

Shockwave!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've noticed I've been killed in melee a bunch of times by Scouts who had at least a full body-length between me and him.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Seems like the Scout and Soldier have been nerfed somehow. Unless all of a sudden tonight I did a lot worse then I ever do.

There were a few games where my KDR was negative. I'm kind of pissed. Yay, I bought your DLC, now I can't kill shit. Maybe I really am just off my game, we'll see tomorrow.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I haven't been playing Soldier since the DLC, but I did try my Scout tonight and completely raped. Hell, I was in the positive in a 5 vs 3 game, when I was on the 3 as it were. Could just be a bad night for you, I know I was having those for awhile until I took a break from the game. It also might help to switch up your perks and try something new. Did that with my Leader and I've been having a blast.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well the other point is that, as mentioned, it seems that people have come back for the DLC, including all the obsessive-compulsives who maxed out and/or filled up their Prime Mode, too. It seems likely that god-players are going to go on a rape spree with the new stuff before they get bored again.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    topgamer1980topgamer1980 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    how come it doesn't support 2 player mode locally??

topgamer1980 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Well the other point is that, as mentioned, it seems that people have come back for the DLC, including all the obsessive-compulsives who maxed out and/or filled up their Prime Mode, too. It seems likely that god-players are going to go on a rape spree with the new stuff before they get bored.

But usually I'm the god-player, grumble grumble

Still it was fun. I like the 2 new maps. I wish I could choose to host so I could play them more.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    how come it doesn't support 2 player mode locally??

The developers didn't program it into the game?

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, I gotta find time to take advantage of double xp, stupid weekly schedule.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Good run in Escalation last night, those that participated. I'm pretty sure all of you said you had yet to beat the campaign, so look me up if you ever want to co-op. I'll help out if I'm able.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've yet to beat the campaign...

...on Hard.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I beat the con one on hard but I still need to tackle the bot one.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    Good run in Escalation last night, those that participated. I'm pretty sure all of you said you had yet to beat the campaign, so look me up if you ever want to co-op. I'll help out if I'm able.
    It was a good run. Wave 16 I think? I'm down for some co-op campaign.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The two new DLC characters get the Omega Missile as an ability in Escalation? I have to ask... does it deal friendly fire?

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you just want the hard campaign trophies, you can just load up the last checkpoint of each mission and beat it on hard, and you get credit.

You still have to beat Trypiticon phase 2 on hard, which takes some learning, so its not exactly cheating in my book :) Saves the frustration of defending Ratchet in To the Core, and some of the extreme fights in Arial Assault.

Menasor on
    Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Awesome. I can't get into any multiplayer matches because I don't have the DLC. I plan on getting it before the weekend, but screwing people out of playing multiplayer because they didn't pay extra for maps is not the way to handle DLC. Up until now I was really impressed with the way the game was online.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    Awesome. I can't get into any multiplayer matches because I don't have the DLC. I plan on getting it before the weekend, but screwing people out of playing multiplayer because they didn't pay extra for maps is not the way to handle DLC. Up until now I was really impressed with the way the game was online.

Yea, the overall multiplayer situation probably would've been a lot better if they'd made the DLC free.

But this is ActiVision we're talking about.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not even complaining about the fact that they cost money. I plan on buying them. It just sucks how you get kicked or just can't even join games when the maps are being played. Some games do separate playlists or only put you in games with others who don't have the DLC, but some games like this just punish you for not paying extra which isn't right.

Also, it kind of worries me that a game that already doesn't have a very large community is going to die off pretty quickly if they keep pulling crap like this.

anoffday on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone want to play for like an hour or two? I think I am half way-ish done the Autobot campaign.

gamertag = redfield85

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I just found out the credits song has been out since 2007. Til All Are One. Now I had to add it to my collection with The Touch and Dare. Also picked up the remixed version of the Touch mostly cause I'm a sucker for that song.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The fact that the PC doesn't get this DLC makes me sad.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So I was using the Neutron Assault Rifle on my Soldier and killing a lot of dudes with it. It's really solid. Decent damage, no waiting for spin-up, nice range. I replaced my EMP Shotty with it for the moment, but I think I might drop the Scrapmaker. I just don't know

I wish more PA dudes were on PS3. PSN is OFRunner, please join games I'm in!

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    The fact that the PC doesn't get this DLC makes me sad.

Come drown yer sorrows w' me, bro-bro. Jus' add a li'l radium t' yer energonnn, numbs the pain reeeaal good...

Shadowen on