As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW game 20 - Slaanesh Victory at the last moment!

15678911»

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Round 6, Battle phase

Troll Country: 2 dice (v. peasants)
    Kislev: 2 dice, up to 3 dice
    The Empire: 6 dice (lumping all together)
    Bretonnia: 1 die, 3 dice
    Estalia: 5 dice

Make your own rolls either on Invisible Castle or Orokos; the campaign should be "CitOW game 20"

Khorne is free to roll; Nurgle must wait for Khorne. For maximum tension, feel free to use spoilers liberally to conceal the results of rolls. You are required to assign all dice in a given region before moving on to the next region; in particular, you must finish assigning hits in the Empire before knowing the outcome in Estalia.

Darian on
  • The BasharThe Bashar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry Khorne, but I think you only got 3 hits in The Empire. My card negates Blood Frenzy, so only 4 dice.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    edited September 2010
    Next thing you're going to tell me is that the princess is in another castle!

Darian what do you want to do here? Should I re-roll ?

The Bashar on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    jakobagger on
    edited September 2010
    The Bashar wrote: »
    Next thing you're going to tell me is that the princess is in another castle!

Darian what do you want to do here? Should I re-roll ?

That was my bad; just take your first four dice, there - 3 hits.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    What about the pieces killed?

The Bashar on
    edited September 2010
    You need to choose the targets given just three hits.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Two acolytes and one leper.

The Bashar on
    edited September 2010
    Round 6, Battle results

Troll Country: 2 peasants fall
    Kislev: plaguebearer, peasant drawn, quartered, and barbecued
    The Empire: 2 acolytes, leper
    Bretonnia: whiff, peasant, bloodsworn
    Estalia: 2 seductresses

Khorne earns three DIAL advance tokens.

citowg20r68.gif

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Round 6, Corruption phase

Domination step:

Norsca: +2 VP
    Kislev: +3 VP

Corruption step:
    Norsca: +5 DIAL, +2 DIAL
    Kislev: +2 DIAL
    The Empire: +2 DIAL, +2 DIAL
    Estalia: +1, +1

Check for Ruination:
    Norsca is the 4th region ruined (7 + 2 + 5); Tzeentch and Slaanesh each score 5 VP for contributing to its ruination this step
    Estalia is the 5th region ruined (2 + 10); Khorne and Slaanesh each score 5 VP for contributing to its ruination this step

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 12 + 5 = 17
    Nurgle: 37 + 3 = 40
    Tzeentch: 43 + 7 = 50
    Slaanesh: 37 + 10 = 47

DIAL advance tokens:
    Khorne: 3
    Nurgle: 2
    Tzeentch: 1
    Slaanesh: 2

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Round 6, End phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

citowg20r69.gif

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - Musk fades

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - GUO falls in Bretonnia and a bloodsworn in Estalia

3. Resolve Old World cards - Reavers strike down a peasant in the Empire

4. Score Ruined Regions -
    Norsca: +8 VP, +4 VP; +3 VP for Provender of Ruin
    Estalia: +11 VP, +5 VP; +3 VP for Provender of Ruin

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne has the most tokens and ticks twice; Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh each tick once
    Khorne:
    31 - Draw 2 Cards
    32 - Draw 2 Cards

Nurgle:
    22 - Upgrade

Tzeentch:
    25 - Upgrade

Slaanesh:
    27 - Remove 2 Old World tokens

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 17 + 5 = 22
    Nurgle: 40 + 6 = 46
    Tzeentch: 50 + 8 = 58
    Slaanesh: 47 + 15 = 62

6. Check for Game end - No one has won a DIAL victory; at least one player has 50+ points. The game ends.

Slaanesh earns a VP victory!

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Damn. Well done Capfalcon. I completely forgot about Estalia.

If I had summoned my last two Acolytes in Norsca I would have won. One Tiny mistake.

Hmm, or maybe not. Nurgle would probably have taken it.

edit.

I think I forgot to say good game to all of you, and thank you to Darian for running the game.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Woot Woot! First win!

Congrats all! I really enjoyed myself, even though I wasn't too sure what I was doing when I started. I spent most of the game just trying to double tick, but I decided to just ruin shit during the last turn and go for broke.

Good game all, and thanks Darian!

Capfalcon on
    edited September 2010
    Well, Khorne basically chose the winner - had he assigned the hits differently in the Empire (killing a seductress and allowing it to ruin):
    Slaanesh loses the 16 points from Estalia ruining

Tzeentch picks up 5 bonus points and second place ruination (6) for 11 points from the Empire
    Nurgle picks up 17 points from first place ruination for the Empire

Giving us Tzeentch first and Nurgle second. Once Norsca fell, Khorne no longer had a shot to force the Old World victory, so he just got to choose the winner instead. It pays to be nice to Khorne early!

Final board:

citowg20r7.gif

Darian on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was rooting so hard for an Old World win :( Closest one yet out of all the games ran so far?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited September 2010
    Me too! But Khorne missed the opportunity to bring soldiers up north (Blood Gods Call in Troll Country) to stop the Norsca ruination (that Changer of Ways in Norsca was brilliant, by the way). And Nurgle didn't help work toward the Old World, deciding to try to ruin the Empire and/or Kislev, instead. :(

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    And the full game as an animated .gif:
    citowg20animated.gif

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Me too! But Khorne missed the opportunity to bring soldiers up north (Blood Gods Call in Troll Country) to stop the Norsca ruination (that Changer of Ways in Norsca was brilliant, by the way). And Nurgle didn't help work toward the Old World, deciding to try to ruin the Empire and/or Kislev, instead. :(

I was mulling over doing the blood gods call in Troll Country, but decided against it for some reason.

Oh well good game everyone and thanks for hosting Darian.

The Bashar on
    edited September 2010
    Ideally, you wanted to pull of a Blood God's Call in the second slot (or get Nurgle's commitment to put something there for you) so that you could just move the bloodsworn up from the Badlands. Otherwise, Tzeentch would probably have just teleported whatever you brought up back out. The fact that you were down to just two figures on the board to start the round left an extremely uphill battle for you to try to prevent victory; you made a solid attempt.

*checks the hands*
    Huh, Tzeentch didn't have any teleports left. Dangerous to count on that, though.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    that Changer of Ways in Norsca was brilliant, by the way

Thanks fore the complement. I did think that this turn went almost perfectly. My biggest concern was that anybody that would have taken the time could have know my hand since I was at the bottom of my deck.
    I haven't done the same thing with Khorne, but I seemed to remember not many of the good cards being played from him, so I knew I needed to block any nasty surprises.
    Huh, Tzeentch didn't have any teleports left. Dangerous to count on that, though.

As I said, it was possible to know my hand. Having two Changer of Ways was nice, but I had already used all the other nasty cards :)

All in all, the reason I wanted to play Tzeentch was to use a lot of chaos cards, and I think it's safe to say I did that.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    edited September 2010
    Spirit of the game thing - while you can glance through someone's discard, you cannot compare it to a deck list. Fortunately, I don't think anyone in these games has been trying to keep track that closely.

Darian on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I think I had a chance of winning, had I played better this turn. And at the very least chosen to concentrate on Kislev instead of making a silly halfhearted attempt both places. And I thought about telling Khorne to stop Norsca, but then, Changer of Ways and well. Hindsight etc etc.

In real life I've won one game as nurgle, but I still find him hard to play. Mostly the lack of cheap stalling cards and/or counters. But being stupid doesn't help, either.

Oh well. Good game everyone, and thanks for running Darian. Capfalcon, I'll get my revenge in Bushido and/or Horus. The Bashar, rally well played for a first attempt. You got pretty close to the dreaded Old World victory. Nought, maybe we'll play irl one day :)

jakobagger on