As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird Screen Blotches on PSP Slim

PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
The other day I turned on my PSP and noticed some weird -- for want of a better word -- blotches along the left side of the screen. Here's a picture. Now, I can still see things through the blotches, and against dark colors you can't even tell they're there. But (as you can see in the picture) anytime something lightly colored is behind the blotches, they show up.

I'm pretty sure it's not dead or frozen pixels, as those tend either show nothing at all or be locked onto one color.

While I have abused my PSP from time to time, I haven't bashed it against anything lately, and to my knowledge nothing has been spilled on it. I do have cats, so there's a chance one of them stepped on it, but it doesn't look like the sort of discoloration you get from pressing on an LCD screen. If the model matters at all, it's one of the silver PSP-2000 launch models.

Any ideas on what the heck caused this, and/or how the heck I might fix it?

brig_banner.png
Psycohed on