As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls Meetup at Prime: CHANGE OF VENUE *FULL*

12346»

• Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, I haven't been responding well to PMs. I have your friend on the waitlist but there have been people in front of her that got the spots that opened up. I *will* let you know if space opens up, sorry I just didn't respond earlier.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Finally! I got my Enforcer schedule and it looks like I'll be able to make it to the brunch. :3 See you gals there!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    asleepypandaasleepypanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I won't be making it unfortunately. If you can remove me from the list and add someone from the waiting list. I hate having to prioritize everything that overlaps. -_-

asleepypanda on
    fss.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt. Anyone want to walk with me from there? I know there was talk of a group walking form the Sheraton, so if all else fails, I'll just try to run into that group.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This doesn't help at all in regards to the post above this, but if anyone is staying at the Hilton and wants to have people to walk with, they can walk with my friends and I.

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FYI, did you know this event is listed on Seattle-Geekly.com? Not sure they know it's RSVP only...
    http://www.seattle-geekly.com/2010/08/events-to-watch-out-for-0831-0906/

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    EmerezEmerez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looks like we should be able to contact them via:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/shannonflowers?ref=search
    mailto:seattlegeekly@gmail.com
    http://www.seattle-geekly.com/about/

EA, I'm sure you could let them know that RSVP is closed? It would be a shame for people to show up only to be turned away.

Emerez on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Or you could just tweet them and let them know. Eep - will you need help with checking people in day of?

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Crud, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for pointing it out and having them remove it from the lineup. Grrrr, talk to event organizers before posting things people.

Also,

******MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT******

Fonte has crapped out on us at the last moment (and I am BEYOND pissed off). I received an email from the manager today that they would not be hosting us and we should find somewhere else. However, I called the cheesecake factory and they will be able to take care of us (MY HEROES). I know it's not ideal, I wanted some place really nice for this event, but it was the best I could do on such short notice. There will most likely be gratuity added for such a large group. I will be talking with the manager tomorrow and will make sure to find out how much that will be.

I will be sending out PMs to everyone and will update the facebook page. Again guys, I'm sorry for the last minute change. Fonte has acted in a VERY unprofessional and rude manner toward this group and I am sorry for it (you can see my yelp review for more). Thank you guys for your patience with this and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, 10am at The Cheesecake factory.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also did a link to the post above to Twitter just in cases.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thank you!! I'm all flustered at the moment and didn't even think of Twitter. >.<

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sokie. I think with here, the PMs, Facebook and Twitter; I think you got it all covered....I hope.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm still in...stinks about them backing out but at least we are still able to have the meet up.....don't let this spoil our PAX experience ladies....can't wait to see you all and hope to meet some of you before Sunday. If anyone is staying at the baroness hotel or the inn at Virginia mason come track me down...time is almost among us...

Atalla on
  • Options
    Innocent ViceInnocent Vice Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Totally in. Sorry they were jerks! They have a really good South Western omlette at the Cheesecake Factory.

Innocent Vice on
  • Options
    nerdrage42nerdrage42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fonte hates gamer girls. -Kanye West

I hope you guys end up with a chair open. Would like to come talk GeekGirlCon with some fellow GeekGals! If anyone loses their +1 lemme know! LURV LURV LURV!

Wendy Lady
    aka @nerdrage42

nerdrage42 on
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looking forward to brunch - and hey, being at the Cheesecake Factory means I don't have to leave as early to make the Bill Amend panel at noon. :D

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, I talked with the manager at the Cheesecake factory this morning they will be able to have us there. However there are two things that need to be noted. 1) We will not have a special room and they WILL NOT hold tables in our area if there are no more seats in the restaurant and people are waiting. That means we need to be there AT 10am when the doors open. If you are late you run the risk of either not being seated in our section or not being seated at all. 2) There will be an 18% gratuity added to your bill. Please take this into consideration when budgeting for the event.

So to reiterate
    1. SHOW UP ON TIME OR YOU MIGHT NOT GET A SEAT
    2. Be prepared to add 28% to your bill (18% gratuity + 10% tax)

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They're so generous; they've committed to not turning you away at the door if you deign to eat their food! :P~ (Yes, I know it's last minute, I was just amused by their "graciousness". :))

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    EmerezEmerez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    FYI, did you know this event is listed on Seattle-Geekly.com? Not sure they know it's RSVP only...
    http://www.seattle-geekly.com/2010/08/events-to-watch-out-for-0831-0906/

Good news they amended the article by striking the event and put in the following. "– Full up with a lengthy waiting list. :(" Lol.

Emerez on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    alegria wrote: »
    Looking forward to brunch - and hey, being at the Cheesecake Factory means I don't have to leave as early to make the Bill Amend panel at noon. :D

My thoughts exactly! I was worried because I know this will be a lot of fun, and I didn't want to duck out early to get to that panel, but now that we're across the street, I think I can do it! :D

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yay! It's a shorter walk to the Cheesecake Factory from church than Fonte!

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    nerdrage42nerdrage42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yes, across the street, not down the block...opposite of Rippy the Razor.

We need a Vegas style hotel where they pump oxygen into our room so we only need like, 2 hours of sleep each day.

nerdrage42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Elgaladwen wrote: »

My thoughts exactly! I was worried because I know this will be a lot of fun, and I didn't want to duck out early to get to that panel, but now that we're across the street, I think I can do it! :D

Yay, we should go to the panel together. :) My spouse is an Enforcer so I won't see him all weekend anyway...

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    JinkaJinka Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yay, we should go to the panel together. :) My spouse is an Enforcer so I won't see him all weekend anyway...

Could I tag along to? Thats the *one* panel I am dead set on going to xD

Jinka on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Jinka wrote: »

Sounds good to me!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Jinka wrote: »

Absolutely! :D

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Here is my photo album from the girls meetup. Thank you to everyone who came. This just keeps getting better and better!! If anyone is from Boston and would like to help me come up with a place for the East meetup let me know!

EruditeAphrodite on
This discussion has been closed.