As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Thread for Wednesday, July 14th, 2010

124»

• Options
    The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    The Infra wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    http://www.marbleslab.com/ is an ice cream place that's the same type as Cold Stone: ice cream mixed up on a cold slab. If there ain't no Cold Stones near you try looking to see if there's a Marble Slab.

Wait, at first I thought that Cold Stone was just his ice cream place in US and I couldn't possibly know it (being outside the US and all) but this "ice cream in a cold slab" reminded me I might have eaten at one like, last week. I don't remember the name, just I was in a mall and my friend suggested we go to this "awesome ice cream place" and I just ordered the item that had "chocolate" in its description the most times.

Do the employees at this place do this sort of thing that when you order your whatever they make it into a little ball and when they are taking it out of the bucket they throw it into the air and catch it with the tongs?

Because I remember seeing that and beeing all like "dude I'm not 5, you don't have to do things to amuse me, just gimme my damn food"

I don't think so. The main idea is that they take all the ingredients of your order and mix them together in front of you on a big cold slab of marble.

Yeah this is what they did. The ingredients being different ice cream flavors, sometimes mixed in with cookies or chocolates? Or are we talking about other kinds of ingredients?

Because all I saw they had available where different kinds of ice cream to mix that they took to this surface (which might have been the aforementioned marble) and prepared them into a ball and served them

Like I said, I wasn't very much paying attention, I heard ice cream, I ordered something, I got it and I ate it. It was delicious. The end.

The Infra on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's a two-step process; you pick the base flavor of ice cream, which they dig out a portion of and slap it on the cold slab. Then you pick the things you want mixed into it - chocolate chips, crushed cookies, candy bars, gummy bears, nuts, whathaveyou. They mix that into the ice cream and sort of knead it to make it soft and evenly-dsitributed.

Beyond the process, the ice cream itself is a step above what you'd normally get at a Dairy Queen or whatever.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    It's a two-step process; you pick the base flavor of ice cream, which they dig out a portion of and slap it on the cold slab. Then you pick the things you want mixed into it - chocolate chips, crushed cookies, candy bars, gummy bears, nuts, whathaveyou. They mix that into the ice cream and sort of knead it to make it soft and evenly-dsitributed.

Beyond the process, the ice cream itself is a step above what you'd normally get at a Dairy Queen or whatever.

Yeah it's definitely the place. The thing is, I think I ordered a "premade" product so I didn't have a say on what was going into it, but it was a base of cookies and cream, which they added some chocolate chunks, then chocolate chip cookies pieces, then some chocolate syrup on top of it. I ate it in a chocolate cone.

Because, chocolate

The Infra on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The coldstone he's talking about is right by my work.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goddammit I want icecream so bad right now.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    The one time I got some ice cream from a Cold Stone, I found it extremely mediocre.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have eaten ice cream once from Marble Slab and once from Coldstone. Both times I felt the ice cream was good in that "This tastes home-made" way but it was startlingly expensive.

I come from a small New England town so the prospect of creamy, made-on-site ice cream is something I'm pretty familiar with.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Ok, new favorite Mel quote* from tape #4.

"I deserve to be blown before the jacuzzi! I'll burn the fucking house down, but you should blow me first because I deserve it! I dare you! I dare you!! *ahhhhhh*"

The roar at the end was awesome.

*May not be an exact quote because I'm just going from memory, but it's damn close.

Please tell me this is actually said (more or less). Because without context it is incredible.

Henroid on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxwZ-mgs5A&feature=player_embedded
    “I DESERVE TO BE BLOWN FIRST! BEFORE THE FUCKINING JACUZZI! OK, I’LL BURN THE GODDAMN HOUSE UP, BUT BLOW ME FIRST! HOW DARE YOU?”

Brolo on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's "how dare you" but otherwise correct. It's not any less insane in context.

EDIT: beated by video

august on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All he was missing was, "YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A DICK EXPLODE."

Henroid on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have never seen a man more angry about blowjobs

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mully wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    oh god is there a cold stone near mount baker, on the west side
    because if there is, i'm going to it

Hmm

3910 Factoria Mall SE B-9 , Bellevue, WA 98006

you are a treat, joe
    almost as much of a treat as cold stone
    which i fully intend to visit some time this summer

also

it's rihanna, you guys. i'm the way you're spelling it, with the h and i reversed. she's rihanna. important difference there.

from now on I am going to emphasise the h in rihanna

rihchhanna

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    oh god is there a cold stone near mount baker, on the west side
    because if there is, i'm going to it

Hmm

3910 Factoria Mall SE B-9 , Bellevue, WA 98006

you are a treat, joe
    almost as much of a treat as cold stone
    which i fully intend to visit some time this summer

also

it's rihanna, you guys. i'm the way you're spelling it, with the h and i reversed. she's rihanna. important difference there.

from now on I am going to emphasise the h in rihanna

rihchhanna

wait mully is dating chris brown now

Brolo on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    The one time I got some ice cream from a Cold Stone, I found it extremely mediocre.

Yeah, we've got one in town and on the whole I like the stuff from Brusters way more. Even if it's not prepared nearly as awesome.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have some Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Cream in my freezer right now waiting to be eaten.

But it is midday and midday is not a time for ice cream.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SwissLion wrote: »
    I have some Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Cream in my freezer right now waiting to be eaten.

But it is midday and midday is not a time for ice cream.

what the hell

midday is the best time for icecream. it is usually the hottest part of the day

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dude what the fuck is with Mel's heavy breathing? o_o

Henroid on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He's getting too old for this shit.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Dude what the fuck is with Mel's heavy breathing? o_o

IT'S NOT FUCKING HEAVY BREATHING YOU STUPID CUNT THAT'S JUST THE WAY HE EXPRESSES HIMSELF AND MAYBE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A WORTHLESS WHORE YOU MAKE ME WANT TO SMOKE I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A BAT TO YOUR HEAD WHILE I HAD THE CHANCE JUST TRY HANGING UP THE PHONE AND I WILL DRIVE OVER THERE TO YOUR ROSE GARDEN AND MAKE YOU BLOW ME BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO BLOW ME BEFORE THE FUCKING JACCUZI HONESTLY I CAN'T STAND TO EVEN LOOK AT YOU WITH YOUR TITS HANGING OUT PARADING LIKE SOME KIND OF SLUT IN HEAT WHEN ALL YOUR GIRLFRIENDS WOULD HAVE SUCKED ME OFF IN FIVE FUCKING SECONDS YOU CUNT I WAS TRYING TO SPARE YOUR FEELINGS YOU DESERVE TO GET RAPED BY A PACK OF CHUWEROS

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    *PANT*PANT*PANT*

Brolo on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    oh my god rolo

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rolo how do you really feel

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay I'm back from crying really hard.

Henroid on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a confession to make.

I love chuweros

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, chuweros are delicious!

They're that thing with the meat and the rice in a tortilla, right?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    what the hell

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    He's getting too old for this shit.

Ahahahaha!