As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Chat] Thread Dedicated to Cokebotle and YamiNoSenshi

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, man, I so hope the Old Spice guy responds to my tweet.
    It just says "drop the towel", doesn't it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

he already responded to one like that

Arch on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    1278616645740853.png

Tav on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    welllp later chat

smurph if you are reading chat still i will text you later bro, when i am finished with household duties

Arch on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    i seem to be terrible at sword of the stars, curses

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »

did he drop the towel

Elendil on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    1278616645740853.png

That is fantastic.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Can't be worse than me. I couldn't even figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

did he drop the towel

No he said this is a family show or something.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hrm, shipping just handed me a package from Leigh. What could be inside? COOKIES! NOM NOM NOM NOM!

[img][/img]

No. Just no. Don't even want to ponder that. I'm just going to eat my delicious cookies and fend off my co-workers.

I umm... I can honestly say I didn't even think about what such a reference might imply. I was just all "Hurr! What's in the box?! Hilarious!"

I'm not a good person.

That was the first thing that came to mind for me. I may be overprotective.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hrm, shipping just handed me a package from Leigh. What could be inside? COOKIES! NOM NOM NOM NOM!

brad-pitt-seven.jpg

No. Just no. Don't even want to ponder that. I'm just going to eat my delicious cookies and fend off my co-workers.

This would be a FANTASTIC idea for a cake! OMG!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    1275685424644734.jpeg

Tav on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ooooh, my housemate is arguing with his boyfriend about meeting one another's parents. It sounds a lot like my housemate might not have come out back home. I got clear out of there.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    If you walked into my house with the Wicker Man DVD case I'd yell at you "WHY IS IT BURNED?! WHY IS IT BURNED?! WHY IS IT BURNED?!"

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh god msnbc is fact checking something a senator said and calling him out on his bs.

I have entered BIZARRO WOLRD.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Ooooh, my housemate is arguing with his boyfriend about meeting one another's parents. It sounds a lot like my housemate might not have come out back home. I got clear out of there.

What kind of a dickface would argue about that?

No! You WILL come out to your parents so I can meet them!

Chanus on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010

I asked if Old Spice is related to the Spice Melange from Dune.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh god msnbc is fact checking something a senator said and calling him out on his bs.

I have entered BIZARRO WOLRD.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Chanus on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Build a lot of poorly defended early colonies to jack up your income. Mankind has a yearning for a stars, so it doesn't matter too much how often colonists get kidnapped by slavers or vaporized or infected with plague.

Basically you know that whole "tens of thousands have disappeared" in Mass Effect 2? SotS let's you be the over-stretched government too busy to deal with it!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you walked into my house with the Wicker Man DVD case I'd yell at you "WHY IS IT BURNED?! WHY IS IT BURNED?! WHY IS IT BURNED?!"

Nah you should just yell OH NO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! MY EYES THEY'RE IN MY EYES!!!! and then punch them out while wearing a bear suit.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Can't be worse than me. I couldn't even figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

It's a 4X game. The answer for that is easy. World, Galactic, or Universal domination. Usually via genocide.

Dreds. Use more Dreads.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I often forget if I've watched Se7en.

The answer always turns out to be that I just want more Criminal Minds episodes and that I really should get around to watching Zodiac.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am totally going to get somebody to make Gwyneth Paltrow's head as a cake for my friend's birthday!

Arivia: Se7en is not a movie one easily forgets.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I asked if Old Spice is related to the Spice Melange from Dune.

If you get a response, you need to IM or PM the link to me so I don't miss it.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I am totally going to get somebody to make Gwyneth Paltrow's head as a cake for my friend's birthday!

You're not a well man.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You're not a well man.

Pish posh. This is gonna be great.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2010

You're not a well man.

If someone got me a head cake for my birthday, I would pee a little (in the good way).

Chanus on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man.... whew....

On the plus side, I've made a flash drive with over 30 good bootable apps, and I'll be adding a linux partition to it.

One drive to rule them all...

edit: I would also accept the "sword of a thousand truths"

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Some people in ancient times got awesome names. Like Superbus. I don't know if that means he was superb, or that he was super bus, but either way, I wish my last name was Superbus.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arivia: Se7en is not a movie one easily forgets.

See, I remember things! Like I generally know the box scene, but I don't know how they get him. And I remember Sloth and Gluttony, but I don't really get the big reveal/the point.

So I don't know.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    se7en is so good SO GOOOOOD

I like Fincher lots

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

You're not a well man.

It is well known if you eat her brains you gain her powers.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Some people in ancient times got awesome names. Like Superbus. I don't know if that means he was superb, or that he was super bus, but either way, I wish my last name was Superbus.

I'm not sure if you're quoting the Old Spice guy, but I definitely read it like you were quoting him, and that made it absolutely awesome.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have a feeling Old Spice Guy is going to be the new Chuck Norris and I will hate him in about a month and a half.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I also wonder what it says about our society that we worship these cartoonish portrayals of machismo.

Maybe I don't really wonder...

Chanus on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a feeling Old Spice Guy is going to be the new Chuck Norris and I will hate him in about a month and a half.

But oh, what a month and a half it will be.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    The Wicker Man was not a good movie.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I also wonder what it says about our society that we worship these cartoonish portrayals of machismo.

Maybe I don't really wonder...

Do people really worship it? I always thought the appeal was in the humor of it.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

But oh, what a month and a half it will be.

Oh, I do not deny it will be glorious.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It's camp. A loving parody of traditional gender roles. We recognize it's silly, but a small part of us wishes we could be that guy or be with that guy (or both!).

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.