As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Suggestions PSWii60DSi

UncleChetUncleChet N00bLancaster, PARegistered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I'm trying to overcome my WoW addiction and do more console gaming with family and friends. I'm looking for game suggestions that I can play on any of the current consoles. I have the shiny new 250gb 360 slim, a BC PS3 with a 320gb drive, a non-hacked Wii, a PSP and a DS. This all sounds Great, but I have a problem. I also game a bit on my PC and most games that i could play on a console, I own on the PC. Mostly thanks to steam deal of the day.

I'm currently playing Dragon Quest 9 and am loving the everliving slime out of it. Recommendations that are like this/this good would be awesome.

I gave away my last 360 to family, so I have 0 360 games. I have a new live account and would like to earn some points. I don't do well with shooters on console due to aiming problems, and I like to enjoy a good story and gameplay from a game more than blowing up the other guy.

On PS3, we have mostly fighters and singstar. Kinda dull really. I have a plus membership if that helps.

On Wii I really only have NSMB and I don't really care for it. I would prefer to use my cool classic controller pro, but that's not an optiopn.

Games types that I like. RPG, JRPG, SFbased fighers, story driven games.

Games that I don't do too well with. 1st/3rd person shooters. I have borderlands and the L4D series on PC but my neices all play them on 360, i just hate double buying.

I'm open to options even for just silly games.

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
UncleChet on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Valkyria Chronicles. PS3

Demon's Soul. PS3

Monster Hunter Tri. Wii

Esh on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God of War 1/2(if you haven't played, buy the collection for PS3)

God of War 3 PS3

FFXIII PS3 (Might get conflicting opinions, but if you like JRPGs, give it a go)

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is pretty great in the "just silly games" category, especially if you played and enjoyed The Incredible Machine type games before.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

God of War 3 PS3

FFXIII PS3 (Might get conflicting opinions, but if you like JRPGs, give it a go)

I'm going to toss in my conflicting opinion on that one. It's terrible.

Oh, yeah, Uncharted 1 and 2 are MUSTS. I know you said you don't do well with 3rd person shooters, but the writing/story are worth upping your game in the genre for.

Esh on
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. Let me add some comments.
    Valkyria Chronicles. PS3
    Played it, it was neat, traded it in.
    Demon's Soul. PS3
    ZOMG Hard! lost interest, traded it in.
    Monster Hunter Tri. Wii
    Was really cool early on. Never got to play multiplayer. Traded it in.
    played both, own the ps3 collection too.
    God of War 3 PS3
    Have not played this. Think i have access to the demo. I get frustrated on some puzzles though and give up.
    Had it, hated it. Bought it launch day against recomendations. I played about 6 hours in 1 sitting and then never again.

I will look into nuts and bolts, I know a friend who maxed it out and really enjoyed it.

I did play the snoopy red baron demo and it was neat, but my shooting skills stink and I think i'm going to try the deathspank demo tonight too.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.