As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ripping audio from video

HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anyone have a good program for ripping audio out of video recorded by a digital camera?

I went to a great concert and a friend recorded a few songs with her camera and the audio turned out almost perfect so I'm trying to find a way to make MP3s out of the audio for our iPods.

HappylilElf on

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Any media encoding software should do.

The easiest is probably WM Converter.

Run the program, drag the video file into it, in conversion menu select Audio, pick the type you want, adjust the quality, then hit convert. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Audacity can do it.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, audacity is great if you want to cut out just the songs. Or the whole thing, honestly.

If you just hate the idea of using Audacity for whatever reason, VLC can also convert stuff. Just convert the whole thing to an mp3, and BAM. Problem solved.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my audacity always noticeably muffles everything i try to record from the computer

i've never been able to stop it

Raneados on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What format is the video in?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png