As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: Hivebent - Vriska Killed Dumbledore

1141516171820»

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously wrote: »
    Well

he seemed really into keeping Jade away from Sburb

Until the right time had come

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so now that I realize Bec's a Guardian, that raises a new question for me...

Who's he going to side with?

I mean, ordinarily I'd say that he'd side with the kids, no contest, but thus far nothing's gone the way I expected...

One, we still have no reason to expect that siding with the kids is different from siding with Lord English.

Though, we do have Rose listening to the gods, who seem to want to mess with Lord English's plans.

Winky on
  • Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If the old gods are against Lord English why are they hosting his summoning program on (what appears to be) one of their servers?

Traikan on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Stilts wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I have no idea what possessed me to make this
    5lvy9t.png

D--> h3llo aradia
    100k at your boyfriend, then 100k at me
    02152.gif
    02249.gif
    21n1wk4.png

D-->sadly, he's not me

but he could smell like me if he used tr01led spice body wash
    d9usw.png

D-->where are y0u?

y0u're on a b0at, with the tr01l y0ur tr01l c0uld smell like

25pqqdl.png
    what's this?
    it's tw0 v0uchers f0r that FLARP thing you like

3310w8h.png
    D-->the v0uchers are n0w diamonds

2rgpbpi.png
    D-->i'm on a horse

Kiss me, BugBoy.

And never stop.

Me next.

02226.gif

there are enough kisses for everyone

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, how badass is Terezi that she can fuck with omniscient beings?

Winky on
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    jeez if only we had some way to find out

Wait... there is a way.

We'll get a time traveler to see the future.
    Lord English himself.

Or should I say...
    CRWTH!

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Traikan wrote: »
    If the old gods are against Lord English why are they hosting his summoning program on (what appears to be) one of their servers?

If they're not against Lord English, then why are they trying to prevent the creation of one of the First Guardians?

Unless, perhaps, Bec ends up doing something that opposes Lord English.

Winky on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Actually it was a point of discussion as to whether or not the Intermission happens on Alternia or not. Someone had pictures of the moons and such to back it up.

Wouldn't it take place on Alternia, since Jack and the rest of the Midnight Crew were the Exiles in the Troll session?
    Skull Man wrote: »
    jeez if only we had some way to find out

Just speculatin'.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was just teasin

also that shit was f'sho on the main planet

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Hussie ever has to consult the wiki himself?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The intermission absolutely takes place on Alternia, not one of the moons.

02099.gif

01215.gif

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheExAm wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sal wrote: »
    I'm thinking it doesn't matter how many host/client chains there ultimately are

each planet gets one and only one version of skaia

I don't think that's right

There's a bunch of other people playing on Earth and presumably at least some of them managed to enter the medium before the meteors hit

Wait what? There are?

There should be, unless all of the fanfare associated with the beta of SBURB is restricted solely to the kids. There was an issue of that gaming magazine that covered it, right? Rose thought other people were playing it because she wrote the FAQ for it.
    She also read incomplete FAQs by other players, so there are definitely others playing.

EDIT: Dammit!

Honestly I feel like this will just be a throwaway, something created simply for humor and immersion.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe the Felt House gets moved to Alternia after the meteor shower?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There were others playing

Actually maybe some made it into the Medium, hell, maybe some even won and got to grow old and die in the Veil

I don't think we're concerned with them though

Seriously on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Actually maybe some made it into the Medium, hell, maybe some even won and got to grow old and die in the Veil

It would mean that there are more Exiles on earth than we previously thought

On a related note I am relatively sure that the Felt are gonna show up on Earth for another round at some point

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Somehow I doubt those isolated sessions won't ultimately play some role in destroying Lord English.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Somehow I doubt those isolated sessions won't ultimately play some role in destroying Lord English.

or summoning

Given what we currently know I would say it's far more likely that winning sburb is actually a bad thing.

Solving the Ultimate Riddle is basically the same as admitting that it's impossible to beat Lord English (assuming Karkat actually understood the Ultimate Riddle which to be fair is a pretty big assumption)

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think that means that Earth and Alternia will at one point be the same planet? Or the temples are important to Lord English, so they're on every planet.

Also, we've noticed that a lot of the servants of Lord English are white... what if the Black dudes are actually trying to stop the coming of Lord English, and the White dudes are working for him...

Maybe the sides we view as good and evil are totally reversed!

If this is the case, it's more a matter of evil and somewhat less evil.

This means the players are especially fucked over :(

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheExAm wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sal wrote: »
    I'm thinking it doesn't matter how many host/client chains there ultimately are

each planet gets one and only one version of skaia

I don't think that's right

There's a bunch of other people playing on Earth and presumably at least some of them managed to enter the medium before the meteors hit

Wait what? There are?

There should be, unless all of the fanfare associated with the beta of SBURB is restricted solely to the kids. There was an issue of that gaming magazine that covered it, right? Rose thought other people were playing it because she wrote the FAQ for it.
    She also read incomplete FAQs by other players, so there are definitely others playing.

EDIT: Dammit!

Honestly I feel like this will just be a throwaway, something created simply for humor and immersion.

Well, I don't think he's going to outright say that "No, there are no other kids playing Sburb". That would be a boneheaded move in my opinion.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    more

characters

seizing

Seriously on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i ended up not fanarting anything

i drew an old man instead

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Solving the Ultimate Riddle is basically the same as admitting that it's impossible to beat Lord English (assuming Karkat actually understood the Ultimate Riddle which to be fair is a pretty big assumption)

Wait, what?

When did we find this out?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003803
    CG: SEE THIS IS A CASE IN POINT.
    EB: what point?
    CG: THE POINT I WAS JUST MAKING.
    CG: ABOUT THE ULTIMATE RIDDLE.
    CG: YOU BLITHERING FECULENT SHITHOLE.
    CG: OK THAT'S YOUR CUE TO LAUGH AT ME SOME MORE I GUESS.
    CG: BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO REALLY GET OFF WHENEVER I FLAME YOU.
    CG: HUMANS ARE DERANGED.
    EB: oh man, i must be getting closer to the conversations where you're trolling me harder!
    EB: this is pretty exciting, i can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve.
    CG: YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN??? FUCK YOU ABOUT THAT.
    EB: anyway, you weren't making a point about the ultimate riddle, dude.
    CG: YES I WAS, AND NOW I'M LOSING MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT DIPSHIT.
    EB: nope, we never talked about it.
    EB: yet...
    CG: OH HELL, THAT'S RIGHT.
    CG: DAMMIT, I GUESS THIS IS GOING TO BE CONFUSING.
    EB: oh, you're just starting to figure that out now?
    CG: SEE I KIND OF PAINTED MYSELF INTO A CORNER.
    CG: I STARTED TROLLING YOU AT THE END, JUST BEFORE THE RIFT.
    CG: AND THEN JUMPED BACK A LITTLE.
    CG: AND NOW I GUESS I'VE BECOME RAILROADED INTO WORKING BACKWARDS HERE.
    CG: UNLESS I WANT TO DO THE SORT OF DUMB SCHIZOPHRENIC HOPPING AROUND LIKE THE OTHERS.
    EB: oh my god, i know, you've already told me like a million times!!!
    CG: I HAVE?
    CG: WOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THESE AMAZING CONVERSATIONS TO TAKE PLACE.
    CG: IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE THAT HUMAN VACATION WITH THE GIANT RED CHIMNEY ASSHOLE UP IN HERE.
    CG: YOU KNOW, THE ONE WHERE A BUNCH OF MOANY NOOKSUCKERS SING AT A LITTLE PINE TREE I THINK.
    EB: man, i've got to say i'm a little disappointed by this "masterful trolling" you were bragging about.
    CG: I WAS BRAGGING?
    CG: WHY WOULD I BOTHER WITH THAT SORT OF PEDANTIC HUMAN HORSESHIT.
    CG: MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THAT I WAS BRAGGING TO GET YOUR HOPES UP IN THE FUTURE.
    CG: ONLY TO LET YOU DOWN.
    CG: AND THUS TROLL YOU MASTERFULLY IN THAT RESPECT.
    EB: maybe, but that would be pretty weak too!!!
    CG: YOUR BRITTLE HUMAN CALCIUM BASED SKULL IS WHAT IS WEAK, AND IF YOU AND I WERE IN THE PROXIMITY OF A BLUNT INSTRUMENT I WOULDN'T HAVE MUCH TROUBLE PROVING IT.
    EB: w/e.
    EB: so what was the "case in point" you were making, anyway?
    CG: I WAS SCROLLING BACK AND NOTICED YOU WERE IN THE VEIL.
    EB: whoa, i am?
    CG: YEAH DUMBDUMB, YOU'RE TUMBLING AROUND ON A BIG GODDAMN METEOR.
    CG: AND YOU JUST CREATED YOUNGER VERSIONS OF YOURSELVES AND YOUR GUARDIANS.
    CG: PROBABLY BY MUCKING AROUND WITH THAT THING LIKE A DOOFUS.
    EB: wait...
    EB: these are baby versions of us?
    CG: HAHAHAHAHAHA, SO CLUELESS.
    CG: WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING THERE ANYWAY.
    EB: well...
    EB: i saw footage of my nanna, and some other people who i am pretty sure were like jade's grandpa and rose's mom and stuff from a long time ago.
    EB: and then...
    EB: there were all these little guys scurrying around.
    EB: so they are like cloned copies of us?
    CG: NO.
    CG: THEY ARE LITERALLY YOU AND YOUR GUARDIANS.
    CG: PARADOX CLONES.
    EB: huh?
    EB: what do you mean they are literally us?
    EB: do they go back in time?
    CG: YEAH, OBVIOUSLY. GREAT GUESS BRAIN HERO.
    CG: BUT TECHNICALLY THEY AREN'T EVEN SENT BACK IN TIME BECAUSE WITH RESPECT TO THE MEDIUM YOUR UNIVERSE'S TIMELINE IS MEANINGLESS.
    CG: SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD IT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT EARTH'S PAST OR FUTURE OR WHATEVER, FROM IT'S PERSPECTIVE IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF POINTS TO CHOOSE FROM.
    CG: JUST LIKE YOUR CHRONOLOGY IS FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE.
    CG: BUT I GUESS THAT'S A BUNCH OF SEMANTICS. WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL CHRONOLOGY YEAH THEY GO BACK IN TIME.
    CG: A PARADOX CLONE IS BY DEFINITION A CORRECTLY CLONED DUPLICATE THAT WILL INEVITABLY GO BACK IN TIME AND BECOME THE ORIGINAL TARGET THAT WAS CLONED.
    CG: IF IT'S A MALFORMED CLONE, IT'S JUST A MEANINGLESS MUTANT THAT HAS NO BEARING ON THE STABLE LOOP CONTINUUM.
    CG: I DON'T SEE ANY TENTACLES OR EXTRA EYEBALLS OR WARPED BONE BULGES, SO THOSE GROSS LITTLE THINGS THERE ARE ALL YOU GUYS, WAITING TO GO TO EARTH AND GROW UP AND BECOME THE INSIPID BUNCH OF GRUBFISTED DOUCHEBAGS YOU ALL ARE NOW.
    CG: AND THIS WAS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE ABOUT THE ULTIMATE RIDDLE.
    EB: what is the riddle anyway?
    EB: maybe i can guess, i am good at riddles!
    CG: HAHAHA, THINK AGAIN IGNORAMUS.
    CG: IT'S NOT EVEN THAT GREAT.
    CG: OR EVEN MUCH OF A RIDDLE AT ALL.
    CG: IN THE COURSE OF YOUR ADVENTURE YOU WOULD HAVE ENCOUNTERED ALL THESE FRAGMENTS OF LIKE WEIRD POEMS AND SHIT.
    CG: YOU FIND THEM ALONG YOUR QUESTS, WITH CLUES AND STUFF BURIED IN THEM TO HELP YOU SOLVE PUZZLES AND MOVE HUGE STONE COLUMNS AND MAKE STAIRCASES APPEAR AND LOTS OF NONSENSE LIKE THAT.
    CG: AND IT'S ALL MASKED IN THIS FLOWERY SORT OF FROTHY POETIC JACKASSERY THAT NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT.
    CG: AND I SURE AS HELL DON'T CARE ABOUT SPOILING IT FOR YOU.
    CG: BUT WHAT ALL THESE LOFTY SYMBOLIC ALLUSIONS BOIL DOWN TO IS SOME GRANDER STATEMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU SEE HAPPENING HERE.
    CG: THAT YOU WERE ALWAYS THE KEY TO SEEDING YOUR OWN EXISTENCE THROUGH THIS GAME.
    CG: AND ANY HOPE THAT IT COULD HAVE PLAYED OUT DIFFERENTLY OR THAT YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS WHOLE MESS WAS ALWAYS JUST A RUSE.
    EB: a distaction, perhaps?
    CG: WHAT?
    EB: nevermind.
    CG: BECAUSE IF IT DIDN'T GO DOWN THIS WAY THEN HOW WERE YOU EVEN BORN, GET IT.
    CG: WHICH IS ESPECIALLY PATHETIC SINCE PARADOX SPACE APPARENTLY WENT TO ALL THIS TROUBLE TO MAKE YOU JUST TO HAVE YOU FAIL AND DIE.
    CG: REALLY THERE'S NOTHING MORE TRAGIC THAN THESE NULL SESSIONS FULL OF KIDS ENTERING THE GAME AND FULFILLING SOME COSMIC DESTINY SHIT JUST TO GET WIPED OUT AND LEAVE BEHIND AN EMPTY POINTLESS INCIPISPHERE FOR ALL ETERNITY.
    CG: ACTUALLY IT'S SORT OF HILARIOUS.
    CG: OR IT WOULD BE IF IT DIDN'T AFFECT ME PERSONALLY.
    CG: BUT ANYWAY, THERE'S A LOT MORE TO THE RIDDLE THAN JUST THAT, LIKE WHAT WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT LAST TIME WE TALKED.
    CG: BUT THAT'S SORT OF THE GIST OF THE THEMES IT DEALS WITH.

Or, basically, you can't escape fate.

Lord English is fated to win.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    Preemptive thread meets preemptive lock. Looks like Avraham's time to shine was short-lived.

The previous thread is now locked. All obstacles are neutralized. By all means, proceed from here.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
This discussion has been closed.