As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pirates Of The Spanish Main...opinions?

EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles.Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Critical Failures
Pirates Of The Spanish Main

I'm kinda engrossed by the concept. Anyone have any familiarity or experience with it? Yes? No?

Oh, also. Where's the best place to purchase the various decks and what would be good boxset (if it's even needed) to buy?

Esh on

• Options
    MasterDebaterMasterDebater Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's a fun game if you need to kill 45 min to an hour. My friends and I play it at conventions between scheduled stuff, and when we're really bored during gaming club meetings.

Fun, but not a whole lotta depth.

MasterDebater on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have to agree with the above. There's really only so much you can do with these ships, although amazingly Wizkids has gotten a ton of life out of things by adding new factions, new classes of ships, new keywords, and the like. All you really need to play (effectively) is 2-3 decks, which isn't a major commitment.

I saw they released some kind of board game expansion for the set. Now -that- I want to learn more about.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If you can find a shop to play at, it can be really fun and can have a lot of strategy. Personally, I love it. I'd say buy a few packs (you don't need anything else) and play around with some friends. If you like the concept and how it plays, check out some more specialized websites for more information. If you can find a tin, they have 4 packs inside for $10. Some Wal-marts or Targets have them and its the best deal to try out the game.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've bought like...six packs and have never played the game. I did use the boats as minis for a sea battle in DnD once.

They're fun to set up and put on my monitor or desk :P

piL on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cough Cough

I have well over a hundred of these ships. Personally I love it. It is simple and fun to play.

My goal is to get enough square rigged ships to recreate the Battle of Trafalgar. :lol:

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork