As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

• MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVs2aKVsPjM

Yeah, no real problem with the superman thing

MastaP on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They need to set at least one film in Arkham, and then use that to feature an ensemble cast of villains.

My inclination would be to have Joker serve as a leader to a bunch of disturbed, non-violent inmates, then let his execution trigger their transformation into proper villains who use their particular psychological defects to their advantage. They then take over the Asylum.

Catwoman should be in one of the Batman films. Now that Rachel Dawes is gone a love interest and foil for Bruce would be good.

Solar on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Katie Holmes, weak evil plan, the League of Shadows as a nonsensical organization of vigilantes, cumbersome Bat costume, and, lastly, "I don't have to save you."

*punch*

Batman Begins is awesome Robos, you are supposed to agree with me.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2010
    Katie Holmes, weak evil plan, the League of Shadows as a nonsensical organization of vigilantes, cumbersome Bat costume, and, lastly, "I don't have to save you."

*punch*

Batman Begins is awesome Robos, you are supposed to agree with me.

I agree, Batman Begins is a rad cool film.

Solar on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like it too. I just think it has some major flaws as well.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Adrian Brody now in the running to play Ant-Man

He could do it, he was good in Dummy at being comical.

TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd say Marvel Studios still seems to be pretty good at getting good actors for their movies, even though the Edward Norton thing was mishandled by them.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Has DC every tossed about changing Gotham and Metropolis to Chicago and New York?

Weaver on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I liked Ed as Banner.

Weaver on
    edited July 2010
    If he looks like he does on that website he will be just fine for the part. I really like Adrian Brody and it's been good to see him spread out his roles what with him being in Predators and now this.

Solar on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone have any dream picks for the next Batman villain and the person who plays them?

I'm going to toss out: Vin Diesel as Mr. Freeze

Though in reality, I'm guessing Nolan is going to go for a more realistic villain. The Riddler as a serial killer could be awesome.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Goon teaser trailer has been released.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That could work. Maybe he starts as a serial killer but his exploits begin to expand in scale into something much more unique.

Linespider5 on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Riddler meets Zodiac killer might work, though I'd worry about losing too much of the Riddler in the process.

And Vin Diesel should just come out of the closet.

Robos A Go Go on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Anyone have any dream picks for the next Batman villain and the person who plays them?

Though in reality, I'm guessing Nolan is going to go for a more realistic villain. The Riddler as a serial killer could be awesome.
    Paul Bettany as Mr. Freeze, because he has that gaunt, haunted look that would lend itself well to the character. Peter Dinklage as the Penguin, because that dude's the smoothest midget I've ever seen. You can really buy him as a charismatic crime boss who's surpassed the limitations of his size. Vinnie Jones (buried under a ton of prosthetics) as Killer Croc, because he's got the crazy eyes, build, and thuggish voice to sell the character. Adam Carolla as the voice of Scarface, with Eddie Jemison as Albert Wesker, because those two would make great opposites.

I actually think, following The Dark Knight, that it would make thematic sense to have a more outlandish villain, to show the gradual escalation of insanity in Gotham. I doubt they'll go that way, but it'd be kind of cool if they did.

Munch on
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Apparently Paul Bettany exclusively does terrible post-apocolyptic movies now, otherwise I can kind of see that.
    I'd almost like to see Killer Croc just to have someone that's a serious physical threat to Bats, and I think Croc somehow fits better with Nolan's Gotham than someone like Bane. Something between the DCU Croc and the mutant boss from Miller's DK would still work without being Clayface level out there. Obviously Croc wouldn't be the main villain.

NODe on
    edited July 2010
    I'd like the Riddler to be more of a guy who swindles people out of their money, and he's able to get away with it because he's so smart he makes them sign over their life savings and such. Make him more of a Bruce villain, who in an attempt to get back at Bruce Wayne, hires or helps create another villain, like Killer Moth or Firefly or even Lady Shiva.

TexiKen on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Paul Bettany as Mr. Freeze, because he has that gaunt, haunted look that would lend itself well to the character. Peter Dinklage as the Penguin, because that dude's the smoothest midget I've ever seen. You can really buy him as a charismatic crime boss who's surpassed the limitations of his size. Vinnie Jones (buried under a ton of prosthetics) as Killer Croc, because he's got the crazy eyes, build, and thuggish voice to sell the character. Adam Carolla as the voice of Scarface, with Eddie Jemison as Albert Wesker, because those two would make great opposites.

Munch that is the perfect cast.

You're now the casting director on my Nextwave movie. I want your top picks for the Captain, Fin Fang Foom, Devil Dinosaur, and Dirk Anger on my desk tomorrow morning.

Also, start thinking about the cast for the Annotated Mantooth movie. (TLB, you can be lead writer and fight choreographer on that.)

Delduwath on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yessss

DouglasDanger on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bibliomike wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Superman is always getting picked on, and it just hurts when people don't really know what to do with him. Superman Returns? Superman in a musical?

I think I get where you're coming from, but I do want to give you some good news. You maybe have heard that the Dallas Theater Center has "revised" the Superman musical from the 1960s. I got to see the production over the July 4th weekend and, believe me, they *do* know what to do with Superman. Yeah, sure, he sings -- it is a musical after all -- but he is heroic and inspiring and he flies (hell, he even does a somersault in mid-air!). The new story is very faithful to the Byrne-era reboot of the character (despite being set in 1939 -- neat trick, that! They've really hit on the classic beats of the character). Lois Lane is great (a far better characterization than Kate Bosworth's!), Clark Kent is played as the mild-mannered, yes, but smart and non-klutzy reporter, just like George Reeves played him; and, where DC wouldn't let them use Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen, there are still very clear analogues for those characters who are entertaining in their own right.

If you can all get yourself to Dallas before this Sunday (time's ticking away!), believe me, you will not be disappointed.

And, no, I am not affiliated with the show in any official way -- just a Superman fan who saw it and fell in love with it right away. Catch it before it's gone!

Oh man, I been meaning to see it and didn't realize it was ending this weekend.

noir_blood on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Batman Begins is low because it is not a good movie at all

And when it could be a good movie, the camera shakes too much to let you see it be good

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yessss

Furu on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Furu wrote: »

Yessss

That looks so fucking cool.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Have they said which Ant-Man it's gonna be? ( Hank Pym, Scott Lang, Eric o'Grady?)
    And Riddler is underestimated, I remember an older mini in Batman, Dark Knight/Dark City ( didn't have all the issues so they may have blown the ending, but I don't know ) but had Riddler being pretty damn creepy.

Also ( even with how much Lost nutkicked me after a 6 year spree) I think the guy that played Ben Linus in Lost would be a helluva Riddler

edit: Michael Emerson ( why do names always come to you after hitting post? mystery of the universe I say!)

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Munch that is the perfect cast.

You're now the casting director on my Nextwave movie. I want your top picks for the Captain, Fin Fang Foom, Devil Dinosaur, and Dirk Anger on my desk tomorrow morning.
    I'd just cast myself in every role, because I need the money, and I like purple bike shorts.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2010
    Munch wrote: »

Do you really think the world's ready for a Batman/Resident Evil crossover?

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2010
    I think a Nolan Freeze would look more like a victim of Frostbite, pale skin isn't so bad. The hard part with him is making him formidable without a Freeze ray. You can't do it, so you need to allow super tech.

DarkWarrior on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think a Nolan Freeze would look more like a victim of Frostbite, pale skin isn't so bad. The hard part with him is making him formidable without a Freeze ray. You can't do it, so you need to allow super tech.

He carries a tank of liquid nitrogen on his back: modern tech version of a freezeray.

Undead Scottsman on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't think freezing is that much out of the question, seeing as how BB had a giant thing that did the opposite and super heated water.

cardboard delusions on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

The Riddler as a serial killer is the Joker.

MastaP on
  • KoryLGriffinKoryLGriffin Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I would like to know where you guys find out about this up and coming features. Try the best
    call tracking software out there. Is there a Website or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

:winky:

KoryLGriffin on
    edited July 2010
    just gonna throw it out there

but a nextwave movie would be awful

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I think an animated movie would work well, especially in Immonen's style with thick lines.

It's more a matter of possibly getting Ellis to write a story for it, as opposed to a straight remake of the issues (I've never cared for that, like in Sin City, what's the point of watching the movie if it's 99% of the comic?)

TexiKen on
    edited July 2010
    The jokes in Nextwave work because they are on paper

They are pretty much internet humor

Hearing actual people speak in actual internet humor is awful

Every

Time

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2010
    you don't like Attack of the Show?!!!

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2010
    goddamnit keith

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010
    2686_10806565122.jpg
    9490_2366551002.jpg

Poster art for comic-con of Thor and Cap Plus:
    Wally Pfister wants the third installment in Chris Nolan's Batman universe to be shot entirely with IMAX cameras. Also talks about why Inception was not shot in IMAX.

Early on in the "Inception" pre-production process, director Christopher Nolan and director of photography Wally Pfister had a conversation that dragged on for weeks: After shooting a portion of "The Dark Knight" in IMAX, would they also shoot their Leonardo DiCaprio-starring thriller in the large-scale film format?

"Finally I had to tell Chris that the way he was describing the film, so much of it wanted to be with a handheld camera and kind of running around," Pfister told MTV News. "That's just not physically possible with the IMAX camera. We ruled out shooting in IMAX."

Their thinking on how to shoot "Batman 3," however, might turn out to be vastly different. "I can't say until I read the script, but it would certainly be my preferred, amazing goal to shoot the whole movie in IMAX," Pfister said.

That sentiment jibes with rumors from last summer that suggested the next "Batman" could indeed be shot all in IMAX. At this point, though, Pfister is waiting to get his hands on the script and to find out when the threequel will shift into production. When it does, he's hoping to work with IMAX cameras and hoping to avoid 3-D ones.

"I must say I'm a huge IMAX fan. I like IMAX more than I like 3-D," he explained. "Chris' films are so densely layered and have so much going on visually in every way that IMAX helps enhance that because of the scope and the scale of it — it becomes a much larger canvas to paint on. That's what we found on 'Dark Knight.'

"I'm not a big fan of 3-D," he continued. "I liken it to my View-Master I had 40 years ago. Are you really getting more out of the story with 3-D? When you separate those different planes and you're creating artificial depth, it looks phony to me."

Nolan hasn't jumped on the 3-D bandwagon either, saying in June, "I'm not a huge fan of 3-D." Still, any decisions about how to shoot "Batman 3" will ultimately involve Warner Bros. and will certainly wait until Nolan and Pfister sit down and have a discussion similar to the one they had in the run-up to "Inception."

"We usually have lunch and he asks me, 'Tell me what your thoughts are,' " Pfister said. "It's very casual. It's not very technical. And then we start to build toward, 'How are we going to shoot this? Where are we going to shoot this?' My pre-production is about four months long before principal photography begins.

"I can't imagine how we're going to step it up [after 'Inception']," he added. "But we will."

DarkWarrior on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

i don't think you've ever seen what real frostbite is.

Angry on
    edited July 2010
    Angry wrote: »

i don't think you've ever seen what real frostbite is.

I wasn't talking about the skin as a side effect of frostbite, I was saying having unbelievably pale skin isn't a stretch.

DarkWarrior on
    edited July 2010
    I've never seen a show on G4, is it all internet speak with token hot girl?

TexiKen on