Options

Left 4 Blvd Never Gets Invited 2, y'all have fun with the new muties

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Fyndir wrote:
    All this talk of L4D made me go play it today.

First attempt at joining a random versus game was interesting, as I found a server with one guy on it, who started applying god mode and slaying me when I tried to play, when I questioned this I got told I was an idiot because it was a roleplay server.

I am so confused right now. :(

This is why you must always use the buddy system when playing Left 4 Dead.

Also, join lobbies not games in progress.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Anybody for later tonight?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yes me let's play zombie games

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    aw you guys posted in the thread
    love you guys
    once I get back from winter vacation I'll definitely play some L4D

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I am up for slaughtering zombs if you guys have not started yet

• Options
    It'll have to wait I gotta put my computer back together

Brother gave me his old graphics card which is way better than mine

But I put it in without realizing it needs a 6 pin pci express power cable. My old power supply only had 4pin molex connectors.

So now I guess I gotta get a new power supply

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Yo I am up for vann slaughtering.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    okay we good now people still around to play

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I hear there were video games here.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I can't seem to get steam to start but I'll restart and see if I can join

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I've somehow lost connection to steam just as the game started

sorry dudes

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I think they are gonna do another round, I just took off so I can do other stuff

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    is tank rush working anywhere these days
    the server in the thread title is still up, though it tends to go down for a couple days whenever the game gets updated

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    if you guys find more good tank rush servers post them here so we can keep track of em

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Psssst.

Is anyone playing today?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Probably?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote:
    Psssst.

Is anyone playing today?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28klp1qQGI

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    This game has made me realize that I'm now complete shit at FPSes. Like I used to be able to roll back in the days of Doom and Quake and such, but now I can't manage to put a crosshair on a moving target to save my damned life. I'm really hoping it's my mouse or something because otherwise it means I'm getting Old and my usefulness during a zombie apocalypse has been reduced to "guy that can fix things." And we all know he usually gets killed in Act III. :/

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    Also totally say something if you are new to the versus thing so we can help you out and give you pointers.

Cause I usually take it for granted that everyone has played as much as I do and knows all the tricks and gets upset when you do something wrong.

LIKE RUNNING AWAY FROM US DURING A HORDE WHEN ONLY ONE PERSON GOT KNOCKED DOWN

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I liked it better when everyone was a panicky beginner instead of an expert that knew all the tricks.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I just get frustrated really easily when something horrible happens to me in this game. Unless it is also hilarious.

Also I loved that during the game last night someone had pinned a survivor with a hunter pounce and, as a tank, I punched a car up into the air that landed right next to them, and slowly tipped over and crushed both the hunter and the survivor.

edit: and it isn't even "knowing all the tricks" so much as some basic stuff. Like, a car from a tank can incapacitate you instantly. Don't bother chasing after green guys if you are a tank and there are yellow or orange people to punch because you can't chase green people. Boomer bile has a deceptively short range and the boomer is really slow so never spawn behind the survivors and other important stuff.

Artreus on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    edit: and it isn't even "knowing all the tricks" so much as some basic stuff. Like, a car from a tank can incapacitate you instantly. Don't bother chasing after green guys if you are a tank and there are yellow or orange people to punch because you can't chase green people. Boomer bile has a deceptively short range and the boomer is really slow so never spawn behind the survivors and other important stuff.

Really, the most basic thing you need to know in L4D is to stay close to your teammates and keep as many of them as possible in line of sight at all times. Or, when you're playing as infected, you need to know a) where the survivors are, and b) where your teammates are and what class they're spawning in as. Always move as a group and always act as a group, because one player acting alone is fucked over pretty easily, even if that player is the Tank. In L4D, communication is far more important than being a good shot or knowing the layout of any given map.

• Options
    I am out of date in my knowledges of the games, and especially the maps, some of them I look at and swear blind I've never seen before.

So, a touch of guidance would be appreciated, and try not to get too pissed if I fuck up because I am El Rustino, King of Forgotten Skills.

That said, I am around and willing to play right now, grab Fyndir on steam if you don't have me already and let's see if we can get something going.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I need to pick up L4D2 one of these days. I bought the first one forever ago and then never quite got addicted enough to be interested in getting the sequel.

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Artreus wrote:
    I just get frustrated really easily when something horrible happens to me in this game. Unless it is also hilarious.

Also I loved that during the game last night someone had pinned a survivor with a hunter pounce and, as a tank, I punched a car up into the air that landed right next to them, and slowly tipped over and crushed both the hunter and the survivor.

and also make sure your voice receive volume isn't accidentally muted and wonder why everybody is so quiet

facepalm

freakish light on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote:
    I need to pick up L4D2 one of these days. I bought the first one forever ago and then never quite got addicted enough to be interested in getting the sequel.

Versus in 2 is miles better than in the first game, imo. Realism even more so.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    With that sale that just happened there are probably a bunch of 50-75% off valve coupons floating around, or free copies from the Gift Pile that people can't give away because it seems like everybody already has it

• Options
    left 4 dead 2 perfected what was already a great game

just make sure you have 8 friends and everyone has mics

• Options
    cough cough

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote:

I assume you found your mic or you should take your own advice!!

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    And probably don't play with me unless I am a spitter.

Because then I will spit the best spits.

• Options
    you've just cursed yourself

now you'll be nothing but jockey

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    you've just cursed yourself

now you'll be nothing but jockey

Oh nooooo!

My hubrrrrriiisssss!

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote:

I assume you found your mic or you should take your own advice!!

no that's why i said it!

because the past two nights have been fun but also a little lame without being able to jabber at you guys

i don't want anyone else to feel the pain i feel

• Options
    I would love to mic up with you chaps, but generally by the time all you Americans are playing it's REALLY late here and people are trying to sleep.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I played a whole mess of L4D on the Xbox, so I have a basic understanding of what I'm doing. What gets me killed is that I don't know the new maps and I'm still figuring out how the new infected play.

I love the jockey though. I had a few good runs the other week when I was in town, driving people to their doom.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I have not played L4D in a long time, and now i want to.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    we should shoot zombies more

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    i have a headset now

let's shoot zombies tonight

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    me and darmak and olivaw and pharezon shot zombies a few days ago