As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Assassins! Registration Open now! Rules up! [100!]

• Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Say Hello Francis! Who's my minion? Who's my minion!??!?! You are! ^^

adester on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    adester wrote: »
    My reward so far to my assassin is going to be the pax '10 challenge coin. :D
    Not only is it symbolic to get a coin for a job well done in the military and other places that uses them. But it would be like they looted coins off me. haha. XD

So we have fruit (in jelly form) and coins as booty? Wow, we've got an old school gaming theme for booty this year! Who's going to bring the jousting ostriches and barrels? :)

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not only is it symbolic to get a coin for a job well done in the military and other places that uses them. But it would be like they looted coins off me. haha. XD

So we have fruit (in jelly form) and coins as booty? Wow, we've got an old school gaming theme for booty this year! Who's going to bring the jousting ostriches and barrels? :)

Well, I just made two dice bags in a nice assassin-black brocade for myself and my husband to give out as bounty booty. That counts as very old school gaming right? ;P
    dice-bags.jpg

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Will a barrel of monkeys work? :)

tsm_monkeys_dsc02131.jpg

adester on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I love where this idea is going...

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Phoric wrote: »
    Is it okay if I show up at around 4:00 on Friday? The con will have been going on for 6 hours then IIRC, and I just want to make sure that it's okay that I'm not mingling during those 6 hours.

Sorry for the delay in answering this. It's fine if you're getting in late Friday.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Shipping is now closed! You can still order and pick up your kits at the convention. All orders so far should ship out by tomorrow.

The official rules PDF should be up this week, and an email should go out soon with information on where you can pick up kits and how to get in touch with me during the game should you have questions.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    i haven't decided if i'll go with my previous idea of a loot table where you roll to see what loot you get if you manage to assassinate me...but you'll have a chance of looting this:
    androids1box.jpg

I may also bring this one as well, but might not.
    androids17b.jpg

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    wow I may have to upgrade my loot..I was thinking a copy of Zombie and/or Cthuhlu dice would be pretty cool LOL :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i'm having a tough time thinking of some decent loot. I've got a halo action figure that was an exclusive from SDCC (CQB Active Camo) ... I may check out a few shops in town though so it may change

qwhacker on
  • Options
    killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kjeldor wrote: »
    i haven't decided if i'll go with my previous idea of a loot table where you roll to see what loot you get if you manage to assassinate me...but you'll have a chance of looting this:
    androids1box.jpg

androids17b.jpg

holy crap im hunting you down! that would be a great match for my android tattoo lol!

killtrip on
    twitter: @killtrip
  • Options
    LiberaltugboatLiberaltugboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    killtrip wrote: »
    androids1box.jpg

androids17b.jpg

holy crap im hunting you down! that would be a great match for my android tattoo lol!

I will kill him first!
    And if you get in my way....

Liberaltugboat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    androids1box.jpg

androids17b.jpg

That is some pretty epic loot you got there.

I'm a little ahead this year with shipping kits out, so I've turned shipping back on until the middle of the week. A batch will go out tonight and then one more tomorrow. Just a heads up to anyone on the fence.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    androids1box.jpg

androids17b.jpg

I want that second one!! He's awesome.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    RommyRommy Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I want to order 4-5 of these. Sounds fun. Is there an option to pick them up at PAX? If so, where is it. I couldn't find one.

Rommy on
  • Options
    itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    wow old school all around this is awsome! this year at pax is gonna be so much fun lol cant wait sept needs to get here quicker

itasha on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    *BUMP*

need moar victims!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OOOOHHH!!! i think i found a spare copy of Zelda for NES.... posssible loot there?

qwhacker on
  • Options
    disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm a little ahead this year with shipping kits out, so I've turned shipping back on until the middle of the week. A batch will go out tonight and then one more tomorrow. Just a heads up to anyone on the fence.

I placed my order this weekend after you turned shipping off, an paid for the on site pick up. Now that shipping is back open, is it possible to get mine still shipped? If I need to pay the difference or anything just let me know.
    Thanks

disposablecomp on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rommy wrote: »
    I want to order 4-5 of these. Sounds fun. Is there an option to pick them up at PAX? If so, where is it. I couldn't find one.

I've just closed shipping out but you can still order online to pick up at the show.

I placed my order this weekend after you turned shipping off, an paid for the on site pick up. Now that shipping is back open, is it possible to get mine still shipped? If I need to pay the difference or anything just let me know.
    Thanks

No problem, I'll get in touch to work out the details.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, hopefully someone will appreciate this loot..

At my dads place over the weekend, and I found an original Empire Strikes Back towel. Not saying its new, or in any kind of pristine condition... but still.. its an original Empire Strikes Back towel...

Besides, that was easier to grab than the full set of Pac-Man sheets that are still over there from when I was a kid.. lol

killtrip on
    twitter: @killtrip
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We need 8 more players to break 100

Liberaltugboat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My badges just shipped!! YAY!

Liberaltugboat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Yep! All kits shipped should be in the mail. Let me know when you start receiving them please, it'll help me gauge shipping for future games and will help people know if one got lost on the way.

From past experience it takes around 4-5 days for kits to get to the West coast, less for those further East. If yours isn't in hand by that time send me a PM and well work something out.

Thanks again to everyone playing!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got mine today. SF Bay Area.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    o lol. i got mine somewhere around a week ago, greater seatlol area.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    got mine yesterday. These are sharp and well put together! I like it.

(Portland Metro, Oregon)

Solelron on
  • Options
    CptColossusCptColossus Registered User new member
    edited August 2010

Yep! All kits shipped should be in the mail. Let me know when you start receiving them please, it'll help me gauge shipping for future games and will help people know if one got lost on the way.

From past experience it takes around 4-5 days for kits to get to the West coast, less for those further East. If yours isn't in hand by that time send me a PM and well work something out.

Thanks again to everyone playing!

I just ordered mine a couple days ago after the shipping date had closed and just wanted to see if there was anyway I could get that shipped still or just wait on the instructions for picking up the kit at PAX.??

CptColossus on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    i got my shipping notification on august 15 (sun), delivered on august 19 (wed).

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Aug 16
    PhenixOne Entertainment shipped your order.

Aug 19
    I received the order.

adester on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It took 8 days but I received my kit!

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have my assassins badge; still no PAX badge, though.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I got a yellow pickup slip in my PO box, which means either this assassins kit or my sack o' buttons arrived today. But I have to wait for the office to open tomorrow to pick up the mystery package and find out for sure :(

jenelle on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay read the OP but still a little fuzzy

You have a tag, and an assignment on a smaller tag. If the person has a kill tag with your symbol on it and they assassinate you before you have a chance too, you take the kill tag and register the kill?

Oh, and I received my badge a few days ago. So I'm officially in for this.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You have a tag, and an assignment on a smaller tag. If the person has a kill tag with your symbol on it and they assassinate you before you have a chance too, you take the kill tag and register the kill?

From my understanding, if they assassinate you, they take YOUR kill tag and register having killed you. Then you are out of the game. Also, I don't think it's a matter of assassinating them before they get to you, since you may not necessarily have a tag that matches their symbol even though theirs matches yours. Which sounds super confusing. If you are a triangle looking for a circle, a square looking for a triangle may kill you while you have no recourse at all.

Organizers pls correct me if I'm wrong on this!

jenelle on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks. Really looking forward to PAX, this seems like a very cool thing.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Same here, really makes me want to pursue my long-standing dream of cosplaying a human rogue :D

jenelle on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    When you find your target you take their kill card (they keep their badge they walk around with in their holder the whole pax event tho) and their next target and so on.

adester on
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jenelle wrote: »

From my understanding, if they assassinate you, they take YOUR kill tag and register having killed you. Then you are out of the game. Also, I don't think it's a matter of assassinating them before they get to you, since you may not necessarily have a tag that matches their symbol even though theirs matches yours. Which sounds super confusing. If you are a triangle looking for a circle, a square looking for a triangle may kill you while you have no recourse at all.

Organizers pls correct me if I'm wrong on this!

I'm not an organizer but this is my third year playing.

Yes, when you kill someone you inherit their target and that's the next symbol you're looking to kill. It is possible for you to have each other's symbols as targets but that's a pretty small chance and I don't know if it's ever happened. Then whoever saw the other one first is the survivor.

You can also kill someone who's got the same shape symbol as your target but a different color; it's just 5 less points when it's not an exact match.

You can even earn a point without killing someone. If you see a fellow assassin and their badge isn't your kill, you can stealthily write down the 5-letter code on their badge and register that on the website under "Secondary Tier" to earn a point. Those can really build up your score! The first year that I played, I believe someone's 12-year old sister was the winner. Assassin kids are just as deadly as adults!

(Mars, tell me if I'm missing anything)

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh - and I got my Assassins badge today, along with my PAX badge and my buttons! :D

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
This discussion has been closed.