As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Aumni is a jerk and will lag your xbox.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    So according to my buddy some of the quality NYC players may also be at that tourney. Pending a birthday party for my mother I will be attending, if not I will likely try and show up to meet people one day at least.

Strip Club?!!

Nothing like spending tons of money to get a girl to pretend to like you and then going home with blue balls.

Sounds like dating in general.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Nothing like spending tons of money to get a girl to pretend to like you and then going home with blue balls.

"Better" strip club?! :).

New Topic.

So, if the gods smile upon us and this plan works, looking at an SSF4 team of Aumni, Biz, and Chaoshat.

What should the team name be?!

Team ABC?
    Team PA?
    Team Was-Happy-Going-To-The-StripClub-Til-ValiantHeart-Ruined-My-Dreams?
    Team We Met on eHarmony?

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No quitters in my thread Chamberlain.
    <3 come back to us!

I like "Team Hat"

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    <3 come back to us!

I just can't quit you.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Of his hair or his winning smile?

Also, I like to pimp myself:

DojoStats Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/DojoStats (Matches from local tourneys here in Seattle, only like 20 so far cause I've only been doing them for one tourney)
    My Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/FuriousJodo (My videos/matches/etc, got some from Evo up, as well as random other stuff)

Nice vids Jodo

Also, for the team name. I like "We met on e-harmony" and "ABC" the most.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Team Was-Happy-Going-To-The-StripClub-Til-ValiantHeart-Ruined-My-Dreams?

Sorry. All those girls use their real names and are only dancing temporarily to pay for their college tuition :lol:

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    <3 come back to us!

I like "Team Hat"

"Team Hat, SWAN DIVE!"

Will the tourney be streamed some where? I'd get a kick out the possibility of seeing you guys play.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh God. Team Monocle Smile would be unstoppable. I'll bring some Old Spice bodywash. We'll defeat the competition while massaging classy ladies.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Team lightning burning scissor kick.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Team Stomp Team Spooky

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Team 2 girls + Scissoring :winky:

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh God. Team Monocle Smile would be unstoppable. I'll bring some Old Spice bodywash. We'll defeat the competition while massaging classy ladies.

I use old spice deorderant anywho so Monocle smile could work. However I am fond of ABC because it's as easy as 123.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    if you were to go with that name you have to find Monocles to wear.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aumni wrote: »

I use old spice deorderant anywho so Monocle smile could work. However I am fond of ABC because it's as easy as 123.

The match has begun. You have delusions of grandeur.

And now you are in the corner. You think less of yourself because of this.

Lightning legs.

Did you like that? I work out.

Kikosho.

The match is done. You are less a man than the woman I beat you with.

Monocle smile.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can we just spectate at the tourny? I'd possibly come if I can just watch.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Convic. You have to sack up and play.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nick T wrote: »
    Can we just spectate at the tourny? I'd possibly come if I can just watch.

Yes, but I am unsure if that costs money. There's usually a venue fee and then a tournament entry fee ontop of that.

That and honestly, if you don't want to enter because you don't think you'd win a match...you'd be surprised at the skill levels / how much it's NOT different from online, despite the lag bitching you'll hear sometimes.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you want to spectate you'll pay the Venue fee and that's it. But at that point you may as well enter. Plus there will be casuals all over the freakin' place.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    guys, as this game isn't out for pc yet, i need someone to give me some fine replays of ibuki. like, edge-ofmyseat exciting replays. prease!?

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Convic. You have to sack up and play.

Eeeeeeh, we'll see closer to things actually happening.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is anyone here familiar with the Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR?

I just got one and was trying to mess around with it to record some SSFIV replays. The test video i've made so far was lagging pretty hard. Is that something i would fix after the video's gone through Sony Vegas Pro or am i just recording it wrong?

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys. A friend of mine is in the same masters program as my roommate and girlfriend is selling commissions. Normally I wouldn't post this here, but he's a big Street Fighter fan and loves to draw the characters. Here's an example of something he did recently:
    Give_Me_All_You_Got_by_SweetSoulBrother.jpg

Basically, he's recently decided to do commission work like the one above for only $15. As you can see the guys got talent. If artwork isn't your thing, you could always commission him to do unique artwork for your arcade stick. While stock Capcom art is always nice, personalized unique art makes your stuff stand out more.

Anyways, just thought some of you might be interested. You can make requests or check out his other work on his Deviant-Art page found here.

Tell him Ben sent you. :D

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sivraj wrote: »
    Is anyone here familiar with the Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR?

I just got one and was trying to mess around with it to record some SSFIV replays. The test video i've made so far was lagging pretty hard. Is that something i would fix after the video's gone through Sony Vegas Pro or am i just recording it wrong?

Make sure you are using USB 2.0 or whatever, what are you using to record it? Just the hauppauge's program? Also, make sure your 360 or whatever is set to 720p - the Hauppauge can only handle 720p/1080i (and you don't want to be playing SF4 @ 1080i).

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    (and you don't want to be playing SF4 @ 1080i).

Out of curiosity, why is that?

Kris on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    As we come into the twilight of RanBat Season 2, here is a little status update. Here are the people who are currently forfeiting a possible finals spot due to attendance or an opt out. There is still time to get in, please contact me if you wish to be stricken from the list.
    Chamberlain
    Lord Palington
    Kris
    DitchDoofa
    Boceifus
    Shady Dentist
    SabreMau
    Natheo

If the season ended right now, here is your top 28 in order.
    1. ChaosHat
    2. Kinderparty
    3. Aumni
    4. Blackbeard7
    5. Convic Nic
    6. RxNegative
    7. StokedUp
    8. EvilMultifarious
    9. e2db
    10. Degami
    11. Chadwalk
    12. Bizazedo
    13. TheUnsane1
    14. SkutSkut
    15. Skye
    16. Apolloh
    17. Masume
    18. Radius
    19. TopHatPanda
    20. DarkMecha
    21. Doobers
    22. Pancake
    23. Lunixy
    24. Coeurs
    25. Sankis
    26. MNC Dover
    27. Farangu
    28. Hiryu02

It should be noted that Hiryu makes it on a tiebreaker against two others for the final slot. It is still very possible for anyone to qualify even if they don't have any points right now! Last place has three points and you can gain up to eight in a given RanBat.

So, sign up for tonight! Should be fun!

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/19/rumor-namco-vs-capcom-not-one-but-two-games.aspx

Adding more fuel to the fire. :mrgreen:

If it does indeed turn out like that and Capcom uses the SF4 engine for their version and namco uses the Tekken 6 engine for theirs, I'm going to go with namco on this one.

Or go with both and be $200 poorer. T_T

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    got some pretty funny hate mail just now. me and this guy juri were tied 1 round each and he had a pretty substantial life lead in the final round right. so he backs off and taunts from across the screen and is fucking around over there. i end up coming back and taking the lead by landing some stuff, and then hitting him with ultra 1 as hes jumping in at me. so i taunt him back after the ultra ends, and then take the round.

"keep using one of the top characters man. youll get good at this game someday. your honda sucks and i dont main juri LOL"

sent back the obligatory "quit gettin mad at videogames". it just cracks me up to get called a tier whore for playing honda, who ive been playing since the day vanilla came out, i dunno. is honda really that well regarded these days?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Namco x Capcom port for both xbl and psn.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Namco suuuuuucks.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It's a sad fact. Namco does suck the big one. And I say that as a dedicated fan of their games. In fact, almost every fan of a Namco game would agree with me if they lived outside of Japan.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What all games do they even make anymore?

Tekken? Pac-Man? Tales of?

The Tales of series has been bad for awhile with Vesperia being the only marginally good one. I've never liked Tekken. Pac-Man is good, but it's not like they're gonna make a fantastic new version of it.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    They make some games, but it's the total and utter disdain they have for their fanbase that really puts them in the shit pile.

Even a Namco rep showing up at evo to add some moneys to the pot is stunner. They've never given two shits about their fighting game communities before then, at least not since SC2, and that was just because the community had a man on the inside. They've done their level best to destroy any goodwill for Tekken and Soulcalibur since then.

Tales series is a different story, since they seem to choose which games they want to localize at random, and then wonder why the series can't maintain its popularity while Japan gets a new one every 6 months.

But I'm mostly bitter about Soulcalibur. And Tekken, a bit, but at least they're better than Sega.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ugh. SC4 was something I wish I never bought.

And I think Sega is only bad with sonic games. Although i haven't looked into the new Valkyria yet.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You think they're bad with Sonic games, at least they release them outside of Japan.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tekken 6 was great, and that's all I need to know.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    sent back the obligatory "quit gettin mad at videogames". it just cracks me up to get called a tier whore for playing honda, who ive been playing since the day vanilla came out, i dunno. is honda really that well regarded these days?

Its frustrating as hell when your character starts to get really big and and people accuse you of tier whoring or dick riding a top player. I use honda too, and I was seriously considered switching to guy but I came to my senses.

But yeah honda is considered pretty good now.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I always thought Honda was pretty solid. I mean, he does a ton of damage given the chance.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He has a lot of hp too so you can afford to trade and make mistakes. He just had some really horrible match-ups in vanilla.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tekken 6 has good points and bad points (practice mode lol, rage lol), but with Namco actually showing some interest in the competitive community it has a chance to keep itself afloat, despite shortcomings. Unless Namco is only doing some publicity for their new game and stops giving a damn about competitive Tekken 6 as soon as it gets announced, which is honestly just as likely.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Page, what does rage do. I caught the tekken 6 finals but had no idea what was going on.

Jubeh on