Options

Camwhores: Driver's License Edition

• Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Redeemer wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    There was one black girl in my high school and it always seemed really dumb calling her African-American because her family was Jamaican.

there was a club in high school called

the "Afro-American Club"

not african

afro

Isn't that, like, a technical term

Like a chinese american would be sino-american

god i hope not

if it is than 10 bucks says white people gave them it

Holy fuck, your retardation surprises me every time you post.

Yes, Afro-American is a proper term. It is usually used to describe an object, instead of a person. An example would be the Afro-American Newspaper that's published here in Baltimore and is one of the oldest and longest running African-American newspapers in the country.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    senor do you actually know any black people y/n

like some black dude who sits across from you at work who you say hey to sometimes does not count

Yes, actually. One of my best friends is black. He's one of my groomsmen in my wedding this Saturday.

pics or it didn't happen

Sure. You'll have to remind me in a couple weeks, though. Wedding pics take a bit to process.

this only gives you time enough to scrounge up the money to pay the first black person you see to take a picture with you

if he's your best friend, then why don't you have any pictures of him?

Do you frequently carry a camera with you so you can take pictures of situations in case someone on the internet doubts you?

Maybe you have room next to your compact, and eyeliner and lip gloss for a camera, but I don't carry a purse.

Seriously, tho, I don't have pics of a lot of things, including my friends. I just don't take pictures. I'm not a picture guy.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    last night i was fucking around with my hair and i noticed that i accidentally recreated robert smith's hairdo

i took a picture

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    designMcGeedesignMcGee Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Uh, spic really does not offend me at all. I realize it's either coming from idiots who aren't worth my time, my friends, or my family. Quite possibly all three.
    The problem is that by getting offended by the word gives it power. No offense, no power.

Keeping in mind I am actually hispanic.
    que mas?

we should probably form a gang around now.

designMcGee on
    sig_uso.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fallout wrote:
    last night i was fucking around with my hair and i noticed that i accidentally recreated robert smith's hairdo

i took a picture

Please post that picture, so that I may increase the boner to me ratio.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

like some black dude who sits across from you at work who you say hey to sometimes does not count

Yes, actually. One of my best friends is black. He's one of my groomsmen in my wedding this Saturday.

man, i know there's a decent shot you're telling the truth but this is like some grade a funny shit if not

okay well keep in mind that the best way to undo a negative history is not by sweeping it under a rug and pretending it did not happen okay

and if white people want to freeze up and try to decide the best course of being pc everytime some black folks walk in the room then that whole equality and brotherhood thing is never going to happen

I'm not saying we need to be all PC here. I'm just saying we need to have some sort of consistency in the rules. I've been saying this for years now. The popular among us can get away with murder around here, while the lesser-known people get ripped new assholes for the simplest of mistakes.

that's why we love it

Not all of us.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I can relate to never taking pictures. We took maybe 6 pictures at Comic-Con last year. And I think we took maybe 5 pictures at PAX the year before.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    AWIYAWIY Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

Sure. You'll have to remind me in a couple weeks, though. Wedding pics take a bit to process.

this only gives you time enough to scrounge up the money to pay the first black person you see to take a picture with you

Do you frequently carry a camera with you so you can take pictures of situations in case someone on the internet doubts you?

Maybe you have room next to your compact, and eyeliner and lip gloss for a camera, but I don't carry a purse.

Seriously, tho, I don't have pics of a lot of things, including my friends. I just don't take pictures. I'm not a picture guy.

Copy that, I don't take pictures ever either.

I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where I really want to carry a camera around all day.

AWIY on
  • Options
    designMcGeedesignMcGee Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    fucking picture bigots.

designMcGee on
    sig_uso.jpg
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

man, i know there's a decent shot you're telling the truth but this is like some grade a funny shit if not

okay well keep in mind that the best way to undo a negative history is not by sweeping it under a rug and pretending it did not happen okay

and if white people want to freeze up and try to decide the best course of being pc everytime some black folks walk in the room then that whole equality and brotherhood thing is never going to happen

I'm not saying we need to be all PC here. I'm just saying we need to have some sort of consistency in the rules. I've been saying this for years now. The popular among us can get away with murder around here, while the lesser-known people get ripped new assholes for the simplest of mistakes.

that's why we love it

Not all of us.
    And I wouldn't exactly call Talon a "lesser-known" in SE++.

naporeon on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's fun to take pictures at parties and stuff

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    AWIY wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where I really want to carry a camera around all day.

I don't believe that you don't like carrying a camera around. I think you do like it, and I demand a picture of you to prove me wrong.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    I don't agree that their should be a blanket policy on dealing with all racial slurs. I like to look at each case separately and make my best judgement. In this instance, I don't believe that Rank or mack's use of the word was even close to the same as Talon's. I know that our system of dealing with these issues isn't perfect, but it is getting better and more consistent. The mods and admins are still trying to hammer out what we can let pass in the community given certain rules we were told to enforce by the people who own and run this site.

If you still have other issues, we'll be glad to discuss them. BUT, we can't change the rules forbidding the use of certain racial slurs.

Anyway, I have to go to lunch, sorry. I'll be back later.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bogey's good people

you all complain far too much.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bogey's good people

Fuck that. Bogey's shit eating/fucking Chuwero and you know it.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bogey, I'm just wondering why Talon got two days and that Lobster guy only got one the other day? Lobster's use seemed far more angry and aggressive than Talon's.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hunter wrote:
    Bogey's good people

he's stealin all our white wimmenz too

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bogey wrote:
    I don't agree that their should be a blanket policy on dealing with all racial slurs. I like to look at each case separately and make my best judgement. In this instance, I don't believe that Rank or mack's use of the word was even close to the same as Talon's. I know that our system of dealing with these issues isn't perfect, but it is getting better and more consistent. The mods and admins are still trying to hammer out what we can let pass in the community given certain rules we were told to enforce by the people who own and run this site.

If you still have other issues, we'll be glad to discuss them. BUT, we can't change the rules forbidding the use of certain racial slurs.

Anyway, I have to go to lunch, sorry. I'll be back later.

Thanks for clearing that up Bogey. I don't think we, as a community, are trying to be assholes about this. We're just trying to figure it out, and a lot of us have pretty solid stances on right and wrong. As such, we want to feel like the rules are used in such a way that is just.

I think, basically, the more input and dialogue we have between the mods and the community the better.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    AWIY wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

I don't believe that you don't like carrying a camera around. I think you do like it, and I demand a picture of you to prove me wrong.

How can I take a picture of me carrying a camera?

I don't have that kind of technology.

AWIY on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fram and I have decided that we hate all judges and we refer to them collectively as "Wapners."

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hunter wrote:
    Bogey's good people

The hell is a Chuwero

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    AWIY wrote:
    AWIY wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

mirror

myspace

Whippy on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    AWIY wrote:
    AWIY wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

mirror

myspace
    alternatively
    2 cameras

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    AWIY wrote:
    AWIY wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

mirror

myspace

We don't have mirrors in Canada

AWIY on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hunter wrote:
    Bogey's good people

The hell is a Chuwero

A shit eater

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PipTheFair wrote:
    AWIY wrote:
    AWIY wrote:
    [quote:1d443fe39c="mrpaku"]senor do you actually know any black people y/n

pics or it didn't happen

mirror

myspace
    alternatively
    2 cameras[/quote:1d443fe39c]

it's brilliant!

AWIY on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Redeemer wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Bogey's good people

The hell is a Chuwero

A shit eater
    Then Hunter was being pretty redundant, huh.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    thanks bogey

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DranoDrano __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    i have down syndrome

Drano on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome

my uncle has down's syndrome you dick

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome
    Rank called me "Corky" once.

naporeon on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    naporeon wrote:
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome
    hehehe that's one of my favorites

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome

emot-downs.gif

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    naporeon wrote:
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome
    hehehe that's one of my favorites
    Oh man, my Mom and Dad used this "draft" system to decide which kid got to pick what was on TV in the rec room. My sister always used her first pick to select "Life Goes On," so eventually I started picking that timeslot just to cockblock her.

Same was true of "Sisters."

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome

emot-downs.gif

downsvamp.jpg

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    Drano wrote:
    i have down syndrome

emot-downs.gif

downsvamp.jpg

8)

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    i love you all

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    We love you more, paku

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    <3

mrpaku on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    we still poasting this shit?

licence.jpg

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool