As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bat-Thread: Bruce Wayne, International Hairy Chested Love God of Mystery

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'd still rather have Marcus To on Teen Titans

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    just finished reading leviathan strikes. I'm not sure if that was more good or more confusing.

huntresssig.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I liked Leviathan Strike's ending but not so much the parts with Bruce in the trap. I mean Snyder did a very similar story over in Batman and I loved it.

Between this and the recent Action Comics issue I am worried Morrison is swinging back to his crazy Batman RIP style

CYpGAPn.png
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    That is not a bad thing to me haha

I just prefer him when he is fairly straight forward. I don't mind crazy subplots of cosmic madness as long as the main plot is coherent and readily understandable.

CYpGAPn.png
    I read it just after the last issue of Action Comics and that was a lot easier to follow. In both cases Snyder did it better, though.

huntresssig.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I actually thought RIP was a really good arc. It and heart of Hush where the arcs I lucked into when I started buying singles and I felt like both knocked it out of the park. (Hush was my favorite of the two though).

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    On that subject, did House of Hush ever deliver a good story after all those delays and misleading page counts?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I just looked it up on wikipedia and... Ugh...

Although the hush story in batman beyond sounds interesting in that wiki.

but back on topic... ugh. that actually got written?

initiatefailure on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    the cover to batman inc #1!
    BMINC_Cv1.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Haha Damian is so tiny. I love the way Burnham draws him.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Damian Wayne is the best thing that happened to DC since ever

steam_sig.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Love that cover, and agree about Damien.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Whatever happened with Joker
    getting his face cut off
    ?

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    triple post, somehow.

Linespider5 on
    getting his face cut off
    ?

...I don't remember this ever happening.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    getting his face cut off
    ?

...I don't remember this ever happening.

Detective Comics #1.

And I have no idea at all.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    getting his face cut off
    ?

According to the Detective Comics issue summaries I've found...
    The police are holding on to the Joker's face for some reason, and most people think the Joker is dead. The Joker himself hasn't been seen since the end of DC #1.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_(Volume_2)
    The Joker's goons have been creating shrines outside of the precinct because they are worshiping The Joker's removed face, which the GCPD is keeping in evidence. The Mayor orders that it be moved to a different location, and Bullock is happy to be rid of it.

From the rooftops, Batman observes the growing crowd of protesters dressed up in clown costumes. They believe that he killed the Joker, skinning him alive. They want to know that he's still alive - and so does Batman.

Centipede Damascus on
    that is

ugh

CYpGAPn.png
    getting his face cut off
    ?

The police are holding on to the Joker's face for some reason, and most people think the Joker is dead. The Joker himself hasn't been seen since the end of DC #1.

The Joker's goons have been creating shrines outside of the precinct because they are worshiping The Joker's removed face, which the GCPD is keeping in evidence. The Mayor orders that it be moved to a different location, and Bullock is happy to be rid of it.

From the rooftops, Batman observes the growing crowd of protesters dressed up in clown costumes. They believe that he killed the Joker, skinning him alive. They want to know that he's still alive - and so does Batman.
    Bullock: Something about that disembodied face just creeps me out!

getting his face cut off
    ?

That's kind of cool. Pointlessly disgusting, but cool.

Also I think he's showing up in the next act of Batgirl.

huntresssig.jpg
    getting his face cut off
    ?

Bullock: Something about that disembodied face just creeps me out!

oh come the fuck on
    SURPRISE! IT'S NOT THE JOKER'S FACE!

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    getting his face cut off
    ?

He misunderstood how posting on a facebook wall works

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    I suppose there's a chance he might
    Come back and put his face back on. So he'd have a mask of his own dead skin. But I don't want Leatherface Joker.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    no, no arivia

it is decidedly not cool

7656367.jpg
    no, no arivia

it is decidedly not cool

what? the whole worship/holy object angle is kind of intriguing.

huntresssig.jpg
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    no, no arivia

it is decidedly not cool

talk about losing face...

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    ban farbekrieg

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    In Suicide Squad
    Harley escaped Amanda Waller's supervision, and is now attempting to get inside GCPD headquarters to, I guess, retrieve the face.

"Well, it's better to have some of you than none of you, Puddin'."

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Batman may solicits, http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36937

Looks like Night of Owls touches everything but Detective Comics and Batwoman.

Finch draws a horrible Red Robin.

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Has Snyder mentioned any connection between both the Court of Owls, Talon, and the Crime Syndicate of Amerika's Owlman?

Because, after what Snyder's established, it's easy to assume that Owlman was connected to his Earth's version of the court and that his Talon was some kind of novice version of the Court's Talon.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

Man I wanted to follow that storyline but the sheer amount of titles is daunting. Hopefully Snyder writes the main book in a way where you won't have to follow all the other titles.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    He hasn't yet, due to Earth-3 not being a thing in the DCnU currently.

CYpGAPn.png
    wirehead26 wrote:

Man I wanted to follow that storyline but the sheer amount of titles is daunting. Hopefully Snyder writes the main book in a way where you won't have to follow all the other titles.
    It looks like the crossovers are just HEY NOW OUR CHARACTER FIGHTS THE TALONS

I think B&R and Nightwing will probably be a bit more important than that but most of them seem easily skipped

CYpGAPn.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    In Finch's defense, that costume is going to look bad no matter who draws it.

Blankzilla wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

I think B&R and Nightwing will probably be a bit more important than that but most of them seem easily skipped

The only really interesting one seems to be the All-Star Western tie-in since it'll reveal more about the group's history.

Revealing that there are actually like a dozen or more of these Talon dudes really makes the one that Batman is currently fighting seem much less important, though.

It isn't the costume

look at his fucking neck

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

The only really interesting one seems to be the All-Star Western tie-in since it'll reveal more about the group's history.

Revealing that there are actually like a dozen or more of these Talon dudes really makes the one that Batman is currently fighting seem much less important, though.
    But there have always been more than one of them since we discovered what they were

they are the Court's assassins.

CYpGAPn.png
    Yeah, but it seemed like there was just one at a time.

Otherwise there'd be no reason for them to not just dog pile on Batman.

They don't deem him worthy of such attention

I mean they threw him in the same trap they throw completely average, normal people

clearly they underestimate him.

CYpGAPn.png