As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Deals

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    No worries. I'm a Simon Pegg fanboy above all else. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i would say check on the order status for the overstock console deal and see where it goes

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    i would say check on the order status for the overstock console deal and see where it goes

Yeah. So far no cancellation e-mails.

I imagine there's quite a few to send out though :P

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So very late to this party...the only Wii's left are the $300/$340 red models.

Man, I'd love to buy a Wii for up to $30 and watch the wife freak out until I show her the price. :)

Oh well.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So very late to this party...the only Wii's left are the $300/$340 red models.

Man, I'd love to buy a Wii for up to $30 and watch the wife freak out until I show her the price. :)

Oh well.

Mang, if you lived in Central Florida I'd give, or possibly trade you for my stupid Red Wii

waste of money...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ahem... I live in central FL. And I'm in need of a Wii. :D

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Based on the fact that Overstock has refreshed to remove all the low-priced systems, I would tentatively say that they're gonna allow the sales to go through. Good luck to those of you who got an order in, hopefully they didn't get more orders than they have inventory.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've been an internet deal hunter long enough to know that this stuff doesn't go through anymore, so I never even bother.

Back in the early days, like in 2000, etailers thought that they had some obligation to honor orders when a price glitch happened. That does NOT happen anymore.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Good luck on folks that got in on that deal.

Change of topic - I need a memory card for my PSP. I got a used 2gb card when I bought it but just buying Theme Hospital and Patapon 2 (.97 at Sears, woo) along with some homebrew stuff and it's already full.

Any suggestions on cheap Pro Duo cards - there were some on clearance at Sears but I missed out.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vegan wrote: »
    I've been an internet deal hunter long enough to know that this stuff doesn't go through anymore, so I never even bother.

Back in the early days, like in 2000, etailers thought that they had some obligation to honor orders when a price glitch happened. That does NOT happen anymore.

It depends on how big the error is and the retailer. Amazon made a mistake where $30-60 omnibuses and artbooks were sold for $10. They allowed people to keep 1 of each. I got an Okami artbook out of it. $9 for a $250 system? No chance in hell.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Any word yet on cancelled orders?

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Any word yet on cancelled orders?

I've been checking my e-mail all day with fingers crossed. Nothing so far.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    Looking at other topics.

It looks like they have cancelled all of them.

Sorry fellas.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yup, cancelled. At least they were funny about it.

"Are prioces are great... but not THAT great."

• Options
    Muh forumz... they live, super ugly but alive! Man, I got ALOT of stuff done at work yesterday.

Yeah, every hour that passed without a cancellation e-mail increased my hope by one point, then... just before I went to bed I got the "OOPS" e-mail from Overstock

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I did the B2G1 deal at Best Buy yesterday. They don't carry Sonic Colors any longer, I was sad.

But I ended up getting WiiParty, Flingsmash, and WiiPlay Motion. I got my first two WiiRemote + controllers. Which are super sexy to look at.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Brainiac, I'd try Amazon for Sonic Colors... it's damn good and pretty cheap nowadays.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yea, that's what I'm going to do. I have been waiting years for a good Sonic, and it looks like we're getting two in quick succession now. Go fig...

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/ has a 20% off code for this weekend. Another new DD site.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Greenman has been around for over a year, I don't know if that qualifies them as "new".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh. New to me! Looks like they're getting their feet under them and competing with Steam sales prices, which is always good to see.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Talking about greenman gaming, it seems like that code is working for deus ex again, bringing it's already $10 lower than every where else price down to $29

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yakuza 4 was on sale for $24.99 for a while. But you need at least $25 for free Amazon shipping. It was part of the B2G1 sale, but I couldn't find two other games I wanted...and after looking through the list over and over, it was out of stock. Sad. :(

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Just wanted to put out there that Skull2185 is a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for the Wii, good sir--it will be cherished.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I guess this counts as a deal.

Xbox 360 Elites for $99 at Radioshack

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Kmart's clearancing out their PSP bundles.

$90:

Hannah Montana
    Assassin's Creed
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
    Gran Turismo (original, not with MLB)
    Rock Band
    Ratchet and Clank

$120
    Daxter
    God of War Chains of Olympus

$160
    PSP Go (not a bundle)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298792&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=micro-blog&utm_campaign=blog

• Options
    I find that Hannah Montana being on that list hilarious.

Now if you'll excuse me... I need to get to Kmart post haste.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote:
    I find that Hannah Montana being on that list hilarious.

Yeah, that was Sony's knee-jerk attempt to attract the casuals who had flocked to the DS back to the PSP. Hell, they even moneyhatted the company that made the Hannah Montana game.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I would hella buy that Hannah Montana PSP if I could find it cheap. Lilac PSP?

Yes please.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've been planning to buy a PSP for a month or so now. This is great timing...if there were any K-Marts in my state at all.

Anyone able to find one that would middleman it for me? As long as it's a 3000, I don't really care which bundle it is. I'd cover the shipping and all that...

Or I guess I could wait and see if the price drops on Amazon, or look for PSPs on eBay with K-Mart stickers.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    All video games Gold Box deals on Amazon today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Brink is $20 all day as well. Not sure if it has dropped that far yet.

• Options
    Brink is not worth it for any amount of money.

• Options
    I haven't played it and haven't paid much attention to it. The fact that it dropped that fast is a bit telling though.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Brink coulda been a contender. But it just didn't do what it needed to.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Oh ho ho... I super hyped Brink before it came out. Only to find out that Splash Damage are a bunch of filthy liars, who made an astonishingly horrid game.

Like, it goes:

E.T. -> Superman 64 -> Brink

• Options
    Never bothered with it. Seems I made the right choice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Brink isn't a terrible game, but if you do plan on taking advantage of the deal keep in mind that the community is all but dead at this point

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    :(
    It was my birthday present this year (after waiting 2 years for it).
    I so sad...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I was going to give Brink a second chance because they were going to have some free DLC out in June. Which became early July. Which is now who knows when. So I'm done waiting.

Local Gamestop is still charging $60 for a new copy so I'm going to mosey down there and trade my copy in for a whole bunch of credit towards the new Assassin's Creed.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    New Humble Bundle is a go:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

If you don't know what that is, collection of games in a "pay what you want" format, proceeds go to charity.

This discussion has been closed.