As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote:
    Game get. Bought the special edition because I am a sucker and the coin bank looks pretty cool.

I'll play this some time this week. Hockey tonight and tomorrow night. Might hop on during the day tomorrow if anyone wants to spar (I'm looking at you, Masume!).

The coin bank does look pretty cool. Kinda wishing I had spent the extra cash on the special edition. I might just get it and eBay my current copy.

photo.jpg

I love my coin bank, and so do X and Zero!
    YES! SO GOOD!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Lili has a simple chain combo that's (iirc) lk, F.lk

The second hit is always blocked.

I don't see how this works.
    That string, dominating heel, doesn't combo unless the first lk is a counterhit and it's very unsafe. Cancel the first hit into Dendrobium if they block it or you will eat it. If it counterhits, finish the string and hit them with c.hp while they are staggering to start a huge combo. lk angel knee, lk angel knee, c.hp, EX Dendrobium, j.mp>j.hp, c.hk is good and there's no links so it's fairly easy too.

Lili's best Tekken strings are her safe Peacock series (f+mk>mp or just f+mk) for getting close, and the Left Right series for pressure once you are close (s.lp>f.mp>d.lk or s.mk). Don't finish Left Right with Bedtime (s.mk) except as an alternative to the s.lp c.hp link for combos when your opponent is standing.

• Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote:
    Game get. Bought the special edition because I am a sucker and the coin bank looks pretty cool.

I'll play this some time this week. Hockey tonight and tomorrow night. Might hop on during the day tomorrow if anyone wants to spar (I'm looking at you, Masume!).

The coin bank does look pretty cool. Kinda wishing I had spent the extra cash on the special edition. I might just get it and eBay my current copy.

photo.jpg

YES! SO GOOD!

12%2B-%2B1

Zero is a button masher. :(

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    ghost whistlerghost whistler explodicator HereRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »

That string, dominating heel, doesn't combo unless the first lk is a counterhit and it's very unsafe. Cancel the first hit into Dendrobium if they block it or you will eat it. If it counterhits, finish the string and hit them with c.hp while they are staggering to start a huge combo. lk angel knee, lk angel knee, c.hp, EX Dendrobium, j.mp>j.hp, c.hk is good and there's no links so it's fairly easy too.

Lili's best Tekken strings are her safe Peacock series (f+mk>mp or just f+mk) for getting close, and the Left Right series for pressure once you are close (s.lp>f.mp>d.lk or s.mk). Don't finish Left Right with Bedtime (s.mk) except as an alternative to the s.lp c.hp link for combos when your opponent is standing.
    It's one of her trials! How can you do it then?

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Start further away so that the wind up kick whiffs and the stabby kick hits

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    yeah, the tekken chains don't have to hit or be blocked to continue - they'll come out even if you're across the screen, and you just have to hit with the later ones to register the chain as being successful in the trial

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:

photo.jpg

YES! SO GOOD!

Yep, special edition is on the way. I could use the bank, and Hawkeye and Dr Doom will look hilarious playing that.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    something
    Walt wrote: »

It's one of her trials! How can you do it then?

Input the second lk much, much faster than you think you should.

Also, really looking forward to playing as PacMan tonight.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    gosh these tekken combos and specials are so . . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote:

photo.jpg

YES! SO GOOD!

Yep, special edition is on the way. I could use the bank, and Hawkeye and Dr Doom will look hilarious playing that.

I almost ordered the white armored up X to lean against the cab like he was waiting for his turn, but the D-Arts Izanagi from Persona 4 figure was only $9 more...

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:

photo.jpg

There needs to be a YouTube series with figures battling it out in SFxT. Have the figures move and talk, etc etc. Then they start playing and it cuts to an actual match from the game, with commentary and funny clips of the figures faces as shit goes down in the match.

Or, you know, just have more awesome pictures like that. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    going from being good at SSFIV to this game is. . .

painful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

painful.

I hear ya, I used to beast in SSFIV with Balrog, here he's crap. :-( I had to give up on the bike money.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

painful.

I hear ya, I used to beast in SSFIV with Balrog, here he's crap. :-( I had to give up on the bike money.

I'm with you on that. Bison got completely crapped on, so I had to force the switch to a Tekken char. Thankfully though, I am liking the switch out thus far the more I play it. Since Guile got hella improved, he helps as a new main since I was already familiar with him.

Seems that it's hit or miss for the SF cast. They either became much, much better (Zangief, Guile, Juri, etc) or they got nerfed.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    The game is still very young, I wouldn't count anyone out yet.

• Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    If this game had Adon and Bruce I would have bought it.

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    Fat Mega Man is pretty terrible, but Pac-Man? Awesome.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Shout outs to Bruce! I'm sad no Dragonov Armor king Necro or Sean.

Me and the character designers who made Necro and Sean are prob the only people who would like to see them though sadly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    How is the netcode on this game? I don't have local play as an option.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    How is the netcode on this game? I don't have local play as an option.

Ehhh it's not the best, but it's playable...usually. There are often hitches which will mess with links or other combos, but if you get someone with a decent conn it's not too horrible. Sadly, the sound didn't fare as well. It cuts out and screws up in every match for random crap.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    actually, the lag doesn't affect links or combos much. i don't think there's any delay.

if it's a bad connection it cuts out a ton of frames though and you'll get hit by attacks with no displayed startup etc.

but you generally want to play on a good connection anyway.

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    actually, the lag doesn't affect links or combos much. i don't think there's any delay.

if it's a bad connection it cuts out a ton of frames though and you'll get hit by attacks with no displayed startup etc.

but you generally want to play on a good connection anyway.

Well the animations hitch for me so hitting the timing on some links get messed with (IE my own timing), but yeah, it depends on the conn. Oddly enough sometimes you'll have a decent conn with someone but then it will go FUBAR for a match or two, then fix itself. It's pretty horrid code really.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    actually mine doesn't do that? if it's a good connection it usually stays that way for me
    same way if it's a bad connection

anyway, i guess you just gotta learn to internalize the link timing instead of using visual queues

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    actually mine doesn't do that? if it's a good connection it usually stays that way for me

anyway, i guess you just gotta learn to internalize the link timing instead of using visual queues

Yeah no idea why it does that. I was playing with some local friends online last night and we had a couple of matches that were close to unplayable, then fixed itself. We'd watch our conn bars change in the lobby randomly too, from good to bad. Same with watching fights that aren't yours. I had it disconnect me from watching their fights once or twice for no reason, making me stare at the lobby.

As for internalizing, yeah that's on me. Still, the coding sucks. This is akin to original SF4 code at best.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    the worst part of it for me is the sound issue

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Did some more training mode today with Asuka and Julia. Asuka has a nasty cross-up with her jump FP and can then easily hit confirm into mp-jp. From there, you can dp+k for a nice damage combo or magic chain into a launcher for a safe tag. As for Julia, well that girl just hits like a tank.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Did some more training mode today with Asuka and Julia. Asuka has a nasty cross-up with her jump FP and can then easily hit confirm into mp-jp. From there, you can dp+k for a nice damage combo or magic chain into a launcher for a safe tag. As for Julia, well that girl just hits like a tank.

Yeah Julia is who I'm playing right now. Good stuff, if a bit slow. Sadly though she doesn't have much in the way of standing mix-ups. :\

I had a high level Nina player body me, and it was fucking ridiculous. Her B&B combos took nearly half my life off with no meter...from a standing HK. Three hits and I was done, it was like watching MvC3 all over again. >,>

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »

Yeah no idea why it does that. I was playing with some local friends online last night and we had a couple of matches that were close to unplayable, then fixed itself. We'd watch our conn bars change in the lobby randomly too, from good to bad. Same with watching fights that aren't yours. I had it disconnect me from watching their fights once or twice for no reason, making me stare at the lobby.

As for internalizing, yeah that's on me. Still, the coding sucks. This is akin to original SF4 code at best.

SFIV never gave me issues online except randoms every once in a long while. The matches we played, Masume, I had no issues besides the shitty sound.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    the audio is symptomatic of what's going on with the netcode.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Man, I dunno what happened last night, but I was getting bodied left and right. However, I tried Balrog again in a match vs a friend and I think he clicked for me. In a game where it often comes down to a Time Out, a careful, reactionary Balrog is not a bad thing to have.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options

Is this only a PS3 problem? I encountered it for the first time last night and it was pretty unbearable.

Also who would you guys say plays the most like Sakura with mix ups and things?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The problem exists on all formats,

• Options
    edited March 2012

Is this only a PS3 problem? I encountered it for the first time last night and it was pretty unbearable.

Also who would you guys say plays the most like Sakura with mix ups and things?

After a few days playing a lot online, I just turn the TV down and it's not an issue. I mean, it's total bullshit and incredibly stupid, but I can deal.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    How do you approach someone as hwoarang

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    How do you approach someone as hwoarang

same as you'd approach with an up-close mixup character in SF4: walk up, neutral jump over fireballs, jump in over predicted fireballs or slow pokes, use your good pokes at footsie range to do some damage and scare him into blocking by counter-poking

he's also got that weird jumping dive kick thing you can use, it goes pretty far.

• Options
    In a recent interview with GameInformer, Christian Svensson talks very briefly about Street Fighter X Tekken's DLC being on the game disc.

Here is what he had to say.
    There’s been a recent explosion over Street Fighter X Tekken having downloadable content already on the disc. Was it more of a PR situation where you have to be better explaining to fans upfront what is going on with something like this?

It came down to a development process issue more than anything. I wish it had been done differently. I think it just becomes -- the rationality of what content costs to make and how you fund that content doesn’t come into play here for the consumer. It’s an emotional issue that I think we need to be sensitive to.

The other part of this is we could have had a better communication strategy around this back at the outset. Left to their own devices, consumers will always jump to the worst possible conclusion. I think what you’ll see in the coming weeks the conclusions that were jumped to were not the correct ones.

• Options
    Ryu's crouching heavy kick has far too much range.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    In a recent interview with GameInformer, Christian Svensson talks very briefly about Street Fighter X Tekken's DLC being on the game disc.

There’s been a recent explosion over Street Fighter X Tekken having downloadable content already on the disc. Was it more of a PR situation where you have to be better explaining to fans upfront what is going on with something like this?

It came down to a development process issue more than anything. I wish it had been done differently. I think it just becomes -- the rationality of what content costs to make and how you fund that content doesn’t come into play here for the consumer. It’s an emotional issue that I think we need to be sensitive to.

The other part of this is we could have had a better communication strategy around this back at the outset. Left to their own devices, consumers will always jump to the worst possible conclusion. I think what you’ll see in the coming weeks the conclusions that were jumped to were not the correct ones.

This is so true. Companies need to learn that this is 2012 and communication between people is faster and more direct than ever before. Sure on-disc DLC sucks, but it would have been more acceptable to have been told ahead of time that it was being distributed that way. Then again, with this advance knowledge, people may not have bought the game equaling less sales.

My opinion is that it's best not to piss off the fans. Gameplay complaints and moaning I can handle, writing off the company is something else entirely.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

This is so true. Companies need to learn that this is 2012 and communication between people is faster and more direct than ever before. Sure on-disc DLC sucks, but it would have been more acceptable to have been told ahead of time that it was being distributed that way. Then again, with this advance knowledge, people may not have bought the game equaling less sales.

My opinion is that it's best not to piss off the fans. Gameplay complaints and moaning I can handle, writing off the company is something else entirely.

Hopefully they'll drop some characters for free as a good faith gesture.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Free colors and a costume pack of your choice would be a great start.