As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Spend ten minutes trying to join an endless lobby. Unable to join. Unable to join. Unable to join. You have been kicked by host.

Use Arcade Request. Matched up, frame skipping and no sound helps me lose to flowcharts.

*sigh*

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    what's your NAT setting at?

might need to open some ports on your router

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NAT is open, as are the appropriate ports. I play multiplayer games regularly through Steam and on the PS3. But it's just this game.

Not to mention I fight lag free on Blazblue CSE.

Just frustrating. :(

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Hat, you can play Juri and Hwoarang and be all Korean all the time. Also they work together really well so you don't have to sacrifice synergy for it either.

Yeah but then I'd have to play a smelly Tekken character.

So I ended up getting the xbox. My live account has an issue and they have to lock it out while they fix it for a couple days, so I bought a month of live for one dollar. You can add me at HatLovesChun in the meantime.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So, there's gems that will auto fire simple combos at the press of a button? Similar to MvC 3's simple mode, I assume?

Interesting

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So, there's gems that will auto fire simple combos at the press of a button? Similar to MvC 3's simple mode, I assume?

Interesting

costs meter though, and most combos are pretty easy compared to SF4 - for example, all of Ryu's links are waaay easier, to such an extent that people weren't sure if they were even links anymore.

• Options

Interesting

costs meter though, and most combos are pretty easy compared to SF4 - for example, all of Ryu's links are waaay easier, to such an extent that people weren't sure if they were even links anymore.

I'm not going to stop using Ryu. Quit dropping your "subtle" hints.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'm about as casual as you can get when it comes to fighting games, no clue what links even are :P

That's a pretty good trade off, I guess. Sacrificing EX moves and hyper combos(or whatever) for regular combos. Probably wouldn't be worth it in the end, though I do hear that this game has a pretty decent tutorial/training mode. The more I look into it, the more SFxT seems to be accessable to people like me, and that makes it harder and harder to wait for a price drop...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ghost whistlerghost whistler explodicator HereRegistered User regular
    Given that the tournament crowd aren't going to play online (and given how utter toilet the netcode is noone can play online properly) the only people affected by the locked content are the casual customers that supported the game on day 1. Tournament players will just hack the content and use it in tournaments - and why shoudln't they. The whole thing is such a fucking mess.

Unfortunately so is the game. There is very little about it that was made properly. The game play is so wonky it's like staring at a funhouse hall of mirrors. Nothing works properly. So many silly cheap moves confer ridiculous advantage. Dhalsim has been neutred like a randy dog - in fact some of his moves are so insanely slow it defies reason. The guy can't even respond for about 3 seconds after blocking and then trying to jump. I've never seen anything like it.

If you want to play a game where you can make your inevitable team of shoto cheese and kazuya brokenness look like they've been sent up chimneys like victorian kids this is the game for you. If you want balanced well designed fighting mechanics and a functional online, well look elsewhere. Soul Calibur's online put's this turd to shame.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Nobody will be using hacked characters in tournaments.

Even if it wasn't just moronic, the logistics involved would be ridiculous.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm about as casual as you can get when it comes to fighting games, no clue what links even are :P

That's a pretty good trade off, I guess. Sacrificing EX moves and hyper combos(or whatever) for regular combos. Probably wouldn't be worth it in the end, though I do hear that this game has a pretty decent tutorial/training mode. The more I look into it, the more SFxT seems to be accessable to people like me, and that makes it harder and harder to wait for a price drop...

It's a pretty fun game once you wrap your head around how it works. The tutorials are extremely lacking though, many things are left out. Best to go online and train with a PA buddy for best results.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Nothing works properly. So many silly cheap moves confer ridiculous advantage. Dhalsim has been neutred like a randy dog - in fact some of his moves are so insanely slow it defies reason. The guy can't even respond for about 3 seconds after blocking and then trying to jump. I've never seen anything like it.
    Dhalsim's stand LK is 3 frame start up (i.e: tied as fastest starting normal).

Wat.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Page- wrote: »
    Nobody will be using hacked characters in tournaments.

Even if it wasn't just moronic, the logistics involved would be ridiculous.
    Of course they'll use them! Don't be dense. They are on the disc. You just use a modded box for the tournament. It's not illegal to mod computers and they won't be playing online.
    Moronic, pfft. Get real.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Nothing works properly. So many silly cheap moves confer ridiculous advantage. Dhalsim has been neutred like a randy dog - in fact some of his moves are so insanely slow it defies reason. The guy can't even respond for about 3 seconds after blocking and then trying to jump. I've never seen anything like it.
    Dhalsim's stand LK is 3 frame start up (i.e: tied as fastest starting normal).

Wat.
    Dhalsim's recovery times are painful. I've landed from a jump, pressed the stick up immediately on landing and had to wait for about 3 seconds for him to actually jump.
    Not to mention his borked inputs and how the way characters move in this game completely shuts down what he can do.
    The game's a mess, why people defend bad programming I will never know.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ...There are a lot of reasons you're wrong.

The simplest being that a lot of major tourneys are sponsored by the game companies and I don't think they would appreciate people doing that.

Along with what Page just said.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    just because you're bad at the game
    doesn't mean the game is bad

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Why would tournaments go through all the effort of getting modded consoles to be able to play the DLC characters, when not all of the players own modded consoles and don't have experience playing with the DLC characters? It doesn't make any sense - the players wouldn't want it (losing a tournament to a character you've never played against before?), and the tournament organizers would have to be concerned about Capcom getting mad at them and putting pressure on their sponsors.

RE Dhalsim: You don't know what you are talking about. Dhalsim's jump is floaty, but he has the same amount of pre-jump (4 frames) and jump recovery (4 frames, 2 uncancellable if you did an attack midair) as everyone else.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    P10 wrote: »
    Why would tournaments go through all the effort of getting modded consoles to be able to play the DLC characters, when not all of the players own modded consoles and don't have experience playing with the DLC characters? It doesn't make any sense - the players wouldn't want it (losing a tournament to a character you've never played against before?), and the tournament organizers would have to be concerned about Capcom getting mad at them and putting pressure on their sponsors.

This is what really matters. You don't scrounge together a bunch of modded consoles out of thin air. At local tourneys people bring their own, at majors the venue provides them. Majors are sponsored not only by the game companies, but also by other businesses. Local players aren't going to mod their consoles just to bring to tourneys. On top of that, local tournaments will almost always use the same rules as majors simply because it's convenient for the players and most people will ignore them otherwise.

People will see playing against the hacked characters as a waste of time. This already happens in games that have banned characters. Some players don't even like to go to gatherings where people will be using banned characters because they think it's pointless to practice against characters that they will never fight in a real match.

Not to mention that the most common and accepted reason for banning a character in a fighting game is that not everyone has access to them. Which is why bonus characters and console specific characters are always banned by default. Even if 50% of the population had modded consoles and hacked copies of the game they would still be banned for that reason alone.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
  • Options
    ghost whistler is so bad at this game that it takes him three seconds to find "up" on his controller

i've got to call guinness world records

i bet he isn't even a ghost or able to whistle

• Options
    Of course not, that's a straw man argument though.

• Options
    ghost whistler is so bad at this game that it takes him three seconds to find "up" on his controller

You'd be wrong. I am a ghost, though i've never been able to whistle.

• Options

And making up problems with the game that are demonstrably false to any casual observer is . . . ?

stream
  • Options

well to be fair those issues go hand in hand, i think.

that might also be part of your controller input problem!

• Options
    Not to sound overly rude, but I tried with GW and ended up just putting him on ignore. Probably best for the both of us.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Not to sound overly rude, but I tried with GW and ended up just putting him on ignore. Probably best for the both of us.

dover i remember the good old days when we played SF4 and your chun was a dick

i bet your chun is still a dick! she seems pretty strong in this game with the emphasis on footsies.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

dover i remember the good old days when we played SF4 and your chun was a dick

i bet your chun is still a dick! she seems pretty strong in this game with the emphasis on footsies.

I like to think she's still a, er, dick. :) We should throw down a PA lobby sometime. I wonder if you are still on my GT list? It gets cluttered so much that I keep erasing people. :/

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Page- wrote: »

And making up problems with the game that are demonstrably false to any casual observer is . . . ?

Not remotely what i've done.

• Options

well to be fair those issues go hand in hand, i think.

that might also be part of your controller input problem!
    Whatever the cause of the problem the game doesn't work. Search youtube if you want evidence of the input problem. Coupled with ropey netcode that gives a huge advantage to one player over the other you have a game that just doesn't work.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ryu's super is so FAST. Being able to punish raw tags on reaction from full screen for a guaranteed 300 damage is mighty fine, indeed.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    So do we have a metatag? I just checked the OP and apparently the only 360 player is MNC Dover! :P

Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    Nobody wants to add my temporary tag? What a bunch of jerks. I should have gotten a PS3.

HatLovesChun

• Options
    edited March 2012
    At least I won a round this time, Pook.

Even if you were sandbagging, still counts!

Edit: And I don't know how to deal with that hand clap. Even the worst version leaves you +13 on block.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    chadwalkchadwalk Registered User regular
    Battle?

• Options
    Been dicking around in trial/training mode a bit to get a feel for the combos and stuff. My normal group of bitchez and hos (in order of good to bad, it's a logarithmic scale) Chun, Juri, Cammy, and Ibuki seem a lot of fun. Ibuki actually might get a ton of play from me because c.lp x2 s.mk xx 214k is really easy to do.

Played around with a few Tekken characters, really weird and interesting. Mostly fooled around with Hwoarang and Asuka. We'll see.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Asuka's got crazy chain capabilities but as a warning I feel obligated to tell you she has a lot of trouble in the neutral game. Also needs meter to anti-air reliably, which (from my admittedly limited play so far) seems like a liability in this fairly jump happy game.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I see you on all the time dover if you want some matches. Otherwise lobbies would be awesome. Online cheese is still entertaining but it will get old, fast. Thankfully the only 'ken' this generation seems to be Rolento. >,>

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    chadwalkchadwalk Registered User regular
    chadwalk420. invite any time.

• Options
    chadwalk wrote: »
    chadwalk420. invite any time.

What platform?

• Options

it's not a straw man. if you weren't so bad, you wouldn't be making these posts or having these problems.

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*