As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (OOC)

SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Critical Failures
LOUDWATER

The town of Loudwater sits at the confluence of the Delimbiyr and Grayflow rivers. The forested
shoulders of the Star Mounts rise above the town in the northwestern sky. These cloud-veiled peaks
remind the townspeople that beyond the town’s walls stretch wild lands, where deadly monsters threaten
the unwary.

Merchants, caravan guards, local craftsfolk, hunters, farmers, and retired adventurers treat the Green
Tankard Tavern in Loudwater as a second home. In the tavern’s common room, talk turns to tales of hostile
tribes and barrows glimpsed through mists; folk speak warily of goblins in the Southwood, of the serpent folk of
Najara, and of ancient, ruined kingdoms. The tavern attracts young and old with its warm company and tall tales.

But before buying an ale for one of the inn’s regulars, a visitor should think carefully. Many adventures have started
from stories exchanged over cheap ale and greasy food, but not all have ended with the glorious exploits of which bards sing.

An old story or a wrinkled map could be the doorway to adventure—or the path to a quick death

Setting:
The setting will be Forgotten Realms, it is the 1st of Uktar (equivalent of November), and the cold air
already seems to be rolling down from the Graypeak mountains.

Loudwater is one of two towns bordering the monster dominated realm that is Naraja.
Settled at the far northwestern corner of the domain, it is the final civilized town before delving into the wilds.

Submissions:
I will be accepting 4 characters of 1st level, standard gold, no magic items.
(A 5th is pre-determined)
One submission Per Player
22 Point Buy
No expertises for free yet.
Put your sheets on Orokos or Myth-Weavers. We’ll be rolling using Orokos.
No races or classes are off limits, however monstrous races will face adversity.
I'd say stay away from cheese, but there's very little of it at this low-level.

I'll accept submissions until I decide "holy crud that's a lot of people", or until I have a party in mind that I really like.
I'd like 1-2 posts daily (weekdays) but I'm not going to be a Nazi about it.
If your posts slow down the progression of the game, I may "delay" your action on your behalf.

The first adventure will be from the Forgotten Realms Campaign guide, so if you've memorized it, please don't apply. After that I will likely devise my own continuation to the campaign.

Snowdown on

• SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Slots open are roughly:

1 Leader
    2 Striker
    1 Controller

I'll accept characters/hybrids that can fit into multiple rolls, etc.

Your Defender will be the 5th Character
    However, any Defender/whatever other role builds, I'll consider.

Our Submissions so far consist of:

Defender: Striker: Controller: Leader:

Snowdown on
  • AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thogg "Thug" Branston, Human Rogue!

Background:
    "Ain't no life-changing sob-story what led me to crime. Grew up the son of a poor woman, and got into the most lucrative business I saw. That happened to be crime. I weren't no anarchist, not like Brand, I just needed the money, see? Didn't wanna die like my old man, in a ditch.

Brand and I had a good thing goin' for a while, though. We was bouncers at the Prancin' Platypus. Course, I was bigger than him, and scarier, but he had a way with the drunks. Sometimes he'd get the troublemakers out the door 'fore the trouble happened. The pay was all right, and it was an easy way to catch the eye of Splittooth, the guy in charge of the, ah... shadier operations in town.

When Splittooth contacted us Brand took to him right away. The guy started in with his "uprising" and "power to the people" crap and he just had Brand hooked. Me, I didn't care about who told who to do what. I just wanted to do okay in life, yeah? Get a nicer place than the shithole where me 'n Brand grew up.

The jobs with Splittooths gang were all right. The pay was great, more than anything I'd got before. The problem was they was all a buncha starry eyed... whadayacallem, revolutionaries. They wanted to take down the lord himself! I knew it'd never work, but Brand... he got caught up in the excitement.

Buy me another drink, wouldja? All this talkin', gets a guy thirsty.

Anyway, so the day came when we were supposed to kill the lord, right? We were gonna do it all sneaky-like, infiltratin' his big ol' house, and slittin' his throat. It was supposed to be a daring thing to rouse the people.

Everyone in the gang had a part to play. Me, they didn't trust me as much... I think they knew I wasn't really excited about the entire thing. So my job was to guard the way in. You know, to keep an excape route open.

Brand, well... Brand got to go in with Splittooth. Right up to the lord's bedroom. Man, he was excited. Couldn't stop talkin' about how much better things'd be, how equal everyone'd be.

So we get there, and I guard the door and drag the guard's bodies away. And about ten minutes later, I hear shoutin' and clangin', and I know immediately somethin's wrong. And then I hear a window break, above me, and down comes Brand in a shower of glass.

He was dead before he hit the ground. Had somethin' like 8 arrows in him. When that happened, I was done. I carried Brand away, gave him a real burial, not just a dump-the-body-in-the-river. I got kinda emotional, then, and I promised I'd never go into dirty business again.

Wish I'd known how hard a promise that is to keep.

Heh. Guess I do sorta have a sob story."

Personality/Appearance
    Thogg is pretty straightforward with people. He doesn't like lying, or deceit, which is odd for someone whose combat style takes advantage of people. He's got a sense of humor though, and a taste for good ale. Right now, though, his problem is money, and he'll do what it takes to get it.

Thogg stands very tall at 6'5", and is pretty thickset to go with it. Not large enough to be called fat, but big enough to scare people. Dark hair, wide features, if his face were on a more reasonably sized person, you'd instantly trust them. On Thogg, though, it adds to the effect of a giant man with a spiked chain bearing down on you.

Alphaboomerang on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In case you want to meet your defender...

Zan-kyri, Genasi Swordmage

Working on background. But it doesn't get more FR than that, amirite?

Background/Appearance:
    Zan-kyri was born in Airspur, to a well-known family of Storm Genasi. Since his formative years he was trained to be a Swordmage, just like his father, who became a rather well-known adventurer ((think level 3)) in the area. His exploits had gained his family riches that he had since invested wisely, and there was a burden on Zan-kyri to "prove" himself to the rest of his lineage. At younger years he was happy to do so, as long as he was able to be near his father and learn from him. As the teen rebellion years came, Zan became spiteful and thought of failing on purpose to prove that his parents were not infallible. Those feelings ultimately faded, and Zan headed to Loudwater to make a name for himself and make his father (or himself?) proud.

Zan-kyri has similar features to a human, as most Genasi do. However, his skin is purple and features lines of silver that pulsate with power. His "hair" is actually spikes of silver crystal that tend to glow and conduct electricity when Zan calls of his storm powers. Zan can be a bit brash at this young age, but there is no denying that he possesses the instincts and reflexes of a Swordmage.

Squints on
    edited July 2010
    Swordmages ftw!

You might want to bump your Dex up to 12, though, so you can get Improved Swordmage Warding at level 4 if you put another point into it.

Alphaboomerang on
    edited July 2010
    Done and done. Too bad FR doesn't have a good storm God... well, one that isn't Chaotic Evil.

Squints on
    edited July 2010
    Gods schmods, as Thogg might say.

Alphaboomerang on
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hrm...trying to decide if I should do Warlock, or Monk. Anybody got a preference or suggestion?

Crimson Phantom on
    edited July 2010
    Warlock so you don't compete with me as much =P

Alphaboomerang on
    edited July 2010
    lol I was thinking since there will be 2 strikers we would work well together if we both went after the same person

edit: hence the assassin. The warlock is more of a stand alone striker

Crimson Phantom on
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i have a barbarian runepriest build i would love to take a crack at in this

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
    edited July 2010
    Looking forward to seeing these builds!

Keep'em coming.

Interestingly enough, alpha.
    I was just toying around with a changeling rogue|avenger spiked chain wielder before you submitted your spiked chain wielding rogue.

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Rolan Landrahil

Background:
    Rolan was born to two very powerful wizards. He spent all his days with his nose in the books trying to learn how to cast spells just like his mother and father. Sadly Rolan didn't take to the wizard life as well as his parents did, and he was far from what some would call a prodigy like everybody expected. One night, while the rest of his village slept Rolan grabbed his spellbook and left for the outskirts. As he ran past the outter gate Rolan heard a familiar voice coming from a tree ahead of him. In a cloud of smoke his father appeared and smiled at his son, "No great wizard was ever made by just studying books. Now, go seek out the Wizard's of the White Lotus", he told his son as he tossed Rolan a wooden orb, "they may be able to help you discover the power that dwells deep within you". With those words Rolan's father opened his arms for a hug before he let his son leave the village and explore the world for the first time.

Picture:
    873282-jace_beleren__001__01__super.png

What Rolan brings to play:
    With his orb of imposition and many burst spells Rolan has the ability to control the battlefield from afar, and with his expanded spellbook Rolan has many different choices when it comes to the best way to assist his allies and decimate his foes.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited July 2010
    Spiked Chains are rad! And I love Changelings, but ah... In my RL game, I'm a changeling rogue, right? And the party was a strike force, infiltrating an elven town?

Changelings may be able to LOOK like any race, but they only speak Common. We had absolutely NO elven speakers. So my rogue had to appear like he had just captured the party and was taking them in for questioning/processing/whatever, but could only communicate through sign language. Somehow (VERY high bluff checks) we managed to make it through. a TAD suspicious, though =P.

Also: Assassin/Avengers (whether achieved through multiclass feats or hybrid-ing) have a pretty friggin' sweet Paragon Path, Covenant Agent, which deals Necrotic AND Radiant damage. <3

Alphaboomerang on
    edited July 2010
    Isn't sign language a language you have to pick?

Squints on
    edited July 2010
    spiked chain rogues are fantastic, still i think they are second to flash of the blade rogues with a light shield, but the multiclass encounter utility and daily are insanely good, if your toying with the build look it up for sure!

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
    edited July 2010
    Opbizard? Is that a pokemon?

Squints on
    edited July 2010
    Nah, it's a nickname given to certain types of wizards, cause they use lots of Orbs...

I had never seen flash of the blade before....very cool, I might have to play with it.

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, that's neat. Like a duelist kinda thing.

Squints on
    edited July 2010
    if you have fob and one of your at wills is clever strike, you pretty much deal sneak attack every hit, its a really nice high dmg build.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
    edited July 2010
    4e games are popping out of the woodwork here recently.

WorldShip, Farangu is running his dreams game....This one, someone else just put up a "Noir" feel one for 8th level characters....

After this one is done, I'm pondering running a low-magic world using the rules from DMG2...possibly houseruled slightly.

That may be a while off....I'd like to run this for a bit.

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Hmm. What Aegis would be better for the group, then? One that teleports marked enemies away, or teleports me to them with a free strike? With the Storm thing it may make more since if he kinda zapped over.

Squints on
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sorry its no leader!

Kallas Sunbringer

Background:
    34 years old, Kallas felt Pelor's calling at age 22, when he was working as a farmer's aid. Throughout his childhood he had been taught literacy, knowledge of the gods and of Pelor's grace. It wasn't until he was 22, however, until he saw his god's hand at work.

Working the fields was hard and arduous, yet he never flinched from his duty to bring crops to his family and village.
    But one day, this peaceful life was shattered.
    In the night, raiders came, creatures of shadow and malice stalked the land and this night, they found Kallas' village.
    With the people asleep, there was little retaliation, even if it were pointless.
    Awakened by screams and unnerving howls of bloodlust, Kallas stumbled out if his house to find the village in ruins. Orcs stormed from house to house, dragging people out with cruel, barbed hooks. Phanes materialised and vanished, carrying children off in their claws.
    Dropping to his knees in horror, he sobbed and cried for Pelor's aid, offering his life for the ability to protect those he loved.
    A moment later, time froze, Orcs stood, mid axe-swing, people in mid sprint, and a light descended on the village, bathing it in an ethereal glow.
    From above, a figure floated down on wings of radiance, pure and holy, sweeping back the shadows.
    Floating a few feet above Kallas, the angel reached a hand out to Kallas, beckoning for him to take his place as Pelor's instrument against the shadows and all they cloaked.
    Sobs of pain and anguish turned to joy as he took the angel's outstretched hand, and a sudden calm overtook him.
    A voice, speaking inside his head murmured a single word of power into his soul and a coalescing radiance shone from the young man, growing as the servant stood from his knees.
    Soon the light grew to fierce proportions and Kallas realised that time had resumed and the creatures before him shrank back in abject terror, until, at last, he summoned the courage to speak. And speak he did - with all the fury and power of Pelor's light, his devotion exploding forth in a consuming nimbus, freeing his friends and obliterating his enemies.
    The few Orcs that survived, dropped their barbaric weapons and fled from the holy figure. Even the Phanes slunk away, evading the destructive light and chasing the shadows into the night.
    Panting, Kallas dropped to his knees again, his body shaking violently, his mind racing and on fire, but full of renewed vigour and purpose.
    As he regained himself, he stood, seeing the havoc and destruction wrought by the attack. No tear he shed anymore, for he would hunt those responsible and protect those harmed again.

For more than a decade, Kallas stood as a protector to his town and as a prophet to those towns nearby, until he felt another divine pull at his soul. Saying his farewells, and praying to Pelor for their safety, he set out, determined to find those responsible.

Appearance and Mannerisms:
    A medium sized man, Kallas has a stocky build, if somewhat frail. However, this often proves advantageous as his enemies mistake his physical weakness for actual impotence. A mistake they rarely make twice as Pelor's light burns them.
    Ever clad in his pale yellow robes, he is often seen in clad in leather armour, ornately patterned with symbols of Pelor and light casting back shadows, be they literal, in his pursuit of cleansing the world, or figurative, in the goal of freeing peoples minds' from lack of knowledge.
    Quietly confident, Kallas is rarely overconfident, ensuring he never follows the path of hubris. However, this modest attitude does not prevent him from being assertive and driven, Kallas longs to see the day when he can relinquish his staff, having carried Pelor's light into all the darkest places of the world, and return to his previous life.
    Eternally patient with the faithful, and patient with his enemies to the point of recklessness, Kallas gives his enemies every last chance he can, before intervening with force.

Kallas always sleeps where no natural light will touch him, so when Pelor's rays find him, he understands how it feels for the wretched ones when he introduces it to them.

Whenever he is around crops, he says a small benediction so Pelor will grant a better yield.

In battle he is quiet and judging of Pelor's enemies, speaking quiet prayers and condemnations, but outside, he is sociable and kind, counselling freely and blessing the faithful.

Are we to pick a Realms background?

Korsahn on
    edited July 2010
    Yes,
    Realms backgrounds are most definitely allowed, as are general if you really want it.

I'd stay away from the others.

Snowdown on
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Amos Dawnherald
    Aspiring Inquisitor and Buzzkill Extraordinaire

Background:
    Amos dubbed himself with the insufferably arrogant surname Dawnherald. He is a born and bred Baldurian, and has devoted his life's work to Amaunator. As such, he has begun his service in the local temple, and has begun grating on even the most legalistic of Amaunator's servants. While the church has little need for an inquisitor in Baldur's Gate, they cannot deny the young man's talents for guilt and his zealotry for the law. His mentor at the temple has devised a plan to send Amos away on a journey to prove himself to Amaunator, saying that he will "know when he has done enough in Amaunator's eyes to return." If Amos returns, the temple will have skilled inquisitor for whom they will have to invent jobs, and if he doesn't...then he was a brave memory. Either way, they have rid themselves of Amos for at least a little while.
    Personality:
    Amos is the quintessential legalistic zealot. Calling out and challenging evil in all of its forms, no wrongful act is too small to be reprimanded. Supremely naive, he believes himself to be unquestionably right in every situation. He has also been known to scream "I AM the law!" in the midst of a heated debate, as is common amongst legalistic Baldurians.

Picture:
    agot_04.jpg

"Yes it is true that every sinner has a future...but some of those futures are severely truncated by punishment."

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    edited July 2010
    Ok cool. I'll update the sheet. I'll say the village was in Impiltur, east of Cormyr. Kind of fits, since Impiltur is a land filled with roaming demons, etc.

Korsahn on
    edited July 2010
    We've got 5 submissions, and I'm eager to see more.

Keep them coming!

I think I'm going to set the deadline as Friday.

If we havn't gotten many more before then, I might extend it to Monday...give people the weekend to work on stuff, and post a fresh start to the game at the beginning of the week.

I can't wait!

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    If we are lacking in one area, let me know, can whip out a character in no time!

Korsahn on
    edited July 2010
    Oooh, a seeker!

Wow, i'm totally shocked.

We have THREE controller submissions, and only 1 striker.

Normally, strikers outnumber everything else 2:1.

We need at LEAST one more striker submission before I can make a decision.

I could probably use another leader too, just to have 2 to pick from. But that's not a requirement.

Another striker IS a requirement. Well, I guess we could be low on DPS and higher on control and/or leadership.....only problem with that is fights will take longer.

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Well, Wizards and Invokers can deal nice damage depending on build.

Squints on
    edited July 2010
    That is true.

I almost put the wizard in striker, cause I didn't see much control there. let me go look back through their sheets.

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Kallas is very much control (many multi attack powers, bonuses/penalties, movement, etc)

Korsahn on
    edited July 2010
    Seekers do get some strikerish damage, especially later on, but they also have some control aspect.

Wizards categorizes them as Controller primary, defender or striker secondary.

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so, here's the deal.

I'm impatient. It's only been 2.5 days, and I'm pondering closing apps....

However, we have a conundrum. The only Leader submitted so far is going to be on vacation and unable to post much all next week.

I was already playing around with the idea of allowing a 6th character since we have 6 submissions, then I wouldn't have to tell anybody to go home, as a "utility/backup" character.....providing they can heal a bit, and perform some other function.

So, does anyone want to make a....Paladin, Runepriest, Warlord, Bard, or Hybrid of anything with healing and something else?

Then, that character would be the main leader/healer until next week is up, at which point you would meet/free/discover the cleric.

So, what do you say?

Snowdown on
    edited July 2010
    Radulus ( Rad) Anvilspit Human Barb/Runepriest.

Background
    My story begins, as with many travelers along the road of the adventurer these days, with tragedy...

At a young age my village was the unfortunate victim of a scouting party of the Many Arrows orc tribe to the north of Luruar. I watched from my hiding place as the orcish horde raped, murdered, and burned everyone in the town... some not in that order...

Days I remained silent in the shadows to gripped by fear, exhaustion, and rage to attempt to flee. On the fourth day of my hiding, a band of Dwarvish envoys headed from Silverymoon to their ancestral holdings to the north stumbled upon the carnage. Taking the remaining orcs by surprise they laid waste to the remnants of the Many Arrows raiding party. Struggling with the last of my strength I clambered from my hiding hole only to pass out from exhaustion. The Leader of this Dwarf band, Regdar Anvilspit, impressed by my endurance and will to live, took me in as his page rather than abandoning me to an orphanage...

As Regdar's page I spent many hours working along side him at the forge, where I learned of the importance of patience, discipline, and of powerful Runesmithing. At the age of 10 I began my training in the way of the Dwarven Hammer, at which I excelled. My strength while less than that of my dwarven peers, was fueled by a rage spawned by deep seeded trauma of the Many Arrows raid. I used this strength to supplement what I lacked physically, without full understanding of what I was tapping into. While sparring one day with one of my instructors in the Rune State of Destruction, the building chaos within my subconscious boiled over...

From what little I remember, it began as any other sparring session, but for an instant part of his stance reminded me in some way of the orc attack...I charged... and the next thing I remember my instructor was laying on the floor his own blood oozing out from under him, with 3 combat medics attempting to resuscitate him...

Devastated by my lack of self control and terrified of potentially harming another of my friends and caretakers, I vowed to never engage in acts of violence again focusing on the healing powers of rune magic instead of the destructive...a young man's vow...so foolish...

It was only a matter of weeks before a group of other teens heckling me about my lack of facial hair triggered another...episode..This time, Regdar was forced to intervene. He sequestered me from the rest of the clan for their and my own protection, and began to give me private lessons in the way of the Dwarven Berzerker. Utilizing a combination of meditative techniques and a Runic Seal, we finally manged to bring my inner rage under control. Still weary of how the rest of the clan would receive me following my two vicious outbursts. He thought it better that I take hold of my human wanderlust and strike out on my own, with the promise of a hero's welcome by my dwarven fosters, once I had had time to conquer my rage, and explore my own destiny...

With that Regdar and I traveled to the city outskirts of the nearby town of Loudwater, where he embraced me as a son, and with a hearty slap on the back sent me out to explore my own fate...

Mannerisms/ Appearance

Hammerica_by_agnidevi.jpg

Short for a human especially one who totters about wielding a maul, and wearing heavy armor. Raised in their tunnels his growth was stunted by low ceilings and copious amounts of ale at an early age. Rad's most distinctive feature is a glowing white rune on his forehead, specially crafted with the help of Regdar, this rune displays Rad's Runic State glowing a soft white when he is calm, a bright blue when he is in the state of shielding, and a acidic orange in the state of Destruction. This faint glow is shared by the runes that inscribe his armor and maul in the combat states as well. He wears blackened scale armor with various runes littering the scales, and carries a large blackened maul.

Rad's personality comes off as mature for his age, a result of the focus and meditation which he uses to control his violent outbursts, once engaged in combat though he is like a beast ruled by emotion. He is typically soft spoken and mild mannered and enjoys conversation but tends to avoid more boisterous crowds fearing that if he looses control unexpectedly he may awaken in a room full of corpses.

sorry for the late app, work has been killer the last few days.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
    edited July 2010
    I'm fine with that... if it means we get to play sooner, I'm all for it!

Alphaboomerang on
    edited July 2010
    Okay, here's the deal.

I've got one last submission that I'm expecting, other than that, submissions will be closed.

Hopefully that submission will be in tonight....I'll read everyone's story, look over the characters, and make a decision.

The opening thread will likely be up tomorrow morning.

To the.....2? People that i won't be able to accept in the group, I apologize in advance.
    I'll put you on reserve in case someone's a dead-beat.

There's also another nice looking game still accepting submissions located HERE.

Snowdown on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Introducing Zahn Palline, Human Ranger
    zahnpalline.jpg

Character Flavor
    "You don't talk much, do you?", the girl asked.

"Nope.", replied the young man.

"I didn't even get your name. Kinda strange that my dad would send me on up from Waterdeep, all the way to Loudwater with a complete stranger. So what's you name?"

Zahn grimaced a bit at the mention of her dad. She probably doesn't have a clue about me, her dad or the rest of her life.

Zahn had grown up running around the streets of Waterdeep. He learned the hard way how to look out for himself, to defend himself and to earn a little coin in the process. It was easy to find work, especially for the greedy merchants and minor nobles, who were always plotting against each other, wasting their time on pointless little schemes to climb one more notch on the pole. Gilford Morlan, the girl's dad, had been one of those schemers. A nice guy, though, but that was the problem. Too nice to play the game. He had eventually gotten in over his head. And when that happens, heads roll.

Zahn had originally been paid to make sure Gilford's head was one of these. However, when Zahn finally tracked him down, he had a fatal attack of conscience. There, with his daughter, Zahn realized the pointlessness of it all. Zahn had never killed someone in cold blood like that, and he had a decision to make. Sure, he'd had a rough life, grown up in the streets, had his share of close calls, but was this really what it was going to come down to?

So his employer wanted Gilford out of the picture? No problem. Gilford, terrified, begged for his life, and the life of his daughter. Didn't take much convincing on his part. Gilford packed up what he could fit on his back, and hit the road. Zahn agreed to take his daughter north to Loudwater, where he was suppose to drop her off with some relatives. Make a game of it, Gilford told him. Please, just spare her the details. She's still innocent. Just a change of scenery, that's all, Zahn told himself. And after mucking this one up, hhe supposed he needed to beat it out of town as well.

So what the hell? Why not Loudwater. He'd drop the girl off, hit the tavern and see where the road took him. As long as Gilford stayed the hell away from Waterdeep, what did his employer care? Plus, Zahn hadn't been smart enough to ask for payment upfront, so think of it as a discounted job. You get what you pay for, after all.

The voice of the girl snapped Zahn back to reality. "So? What's you name? I don't know many folks in Loudwater. C'mon...maybe we can be friends!"

"Um...yeah, Jack. That's it. Yeah, I'm sure we'll see each other all the time," Zahn lied.

Personality
    Zahn's a mercenary. Quick with a bow and deadly with a blade. He grew up in the streets of Waterdeep, so picked up more of the urban skills, like thievery and dungeoneering.

While he tries to portray the cold and calculating exterior most men with his skillsets project, deep down, he's a good guy. He has a soft spot for the weak or innocent, and will go out of his way to help someone down on their luck, especially if no one's looking. In fact, now that Zahn thinks about it...he's a pretty shitty merc. Maybe a life of adventure is more his calling.

ironzerg on
    edited July 2010
    nice picture man, i really dig the brushwork in it where did you find it?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just a Bing search. It was really difficult to find a ranger picture that wasn't all earthy-hug-the-trees type elf guy. Took me longer to find the pic that roll up the character D:

It came off another RP website, with no credit given to the artist, unfortunately.

ironzerg on
    edited July 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Just a Bing search. It was really difficult to find a ranger picture that wasn't all earthy-hug-the-trees type elf guy. Took me longer to find the pic that roll up the character D:

It came off another RP website, with no credit given to the artist, unfortunately.

got one you might like as well sec

your images personality is way better for your character, but still this guy makes great fantasy art
    wl_15.jpg

the site this is of of is http://www.komarckart.com/

this guy has tons of great paintings for this kinda stuff

Woogity on

the game assassino_O