As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

arrested develo[chat]

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I didn't get the job I wanted.

But I did get another job that pays more.

There are worse disappointments in life.

where is it?

are you still up in like medford?

I am now the executive assistant to the director of a state agency. It's actually a pretty good job.

I wish I was in Medford. I am out near Lowell at the moment.

ooohhh

i was gonna invite you and Robos to come do bar trivia with us tonight if you were on the T

really, you could still come if you were interested

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Isidore wrote: »

other than this man's staggering ugliness, what is funny

Wow, Matt Lucas looks really skinny compared to Little Britain.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wanted to address this from last thread.

Irond Will wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    So, how exactly was 9/11 "provoked"?
    Really? Do you think that a large portion of the world has "Death to America" as a catch-phrase just because?

-US support of Israel
    -Arming, training, and then abandoning militants in Afghanistan after using them to fight the USSR
    -The fact that we consume an incredibly disproportionate amount of resources and produce likewise in pollution

I could go on all day.
    the Al Qaeida attack on the US had nothing to do with pollution, and it had nothing to do with the US intervention in Afganistan or the subsequent "abandonment" of the lousy warlords we funded while over there.

In fact, the entire opposition to israel is the most irrational and propagandic political issue on the planet - any one of these countries could have offered political asylum to every palestinian in the country, built schools, build up their economy, or championed them in any number of meaningful ways. But these organizations don't give a shit about palestine and use opposition to Israel as a rallying standard to keep their populations from casting their gaze inwards or demanding real reforms to their crummy theocratic governments.

The fact that you would even pretend that "opposition to israel" is some sort of sympathetic, noble or reasonable cause is a howler. It's the kind of claim that a "question everything" liberal should be questioning is what I am saying here.

Pretending as though the US "had it coming" for 9/11 is so so stupid. Whatever your gripes are with our political system, they had absolutely nothing to do with the motivations of the terrorists.

I never said that 9/11 was justified. "Shit that drives a dude like Mohammad Ata to kill" and "justifiable reasons someone would kill" do not share a 1:1 correlation.

TL DR on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

where is it?

I am now the executive assistant to the director of a state agency. It's actually a pretty good job.

ooohhh

i was gonna invite you and Robos to come do bar trivia with us tonight if you were on the T

I have plans tonight but thanks! I love bar trivia. Some other time hopefully!

Hachface on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I need to do laundry, but do not want to do laundry.

This is quite problematic.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010

where is it?

ooohhh

I have plans tonight but thanks! I love bar trivia. Some other time hopefully!

cool i will let you know

we generally go every few weeks

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    taoist drunktaoist drunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

Buy new clothes, wear those. Problem solved.

taoist drunk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Buy new clothes, wear those. Problem solved.

I have 4 pairs of clean garments left. I should be fine...

_J_ on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    cool i will let you know

we generally go every few weeks

Cool. It really is no trouble for me to get into the Boston area. I know all the places to park in Cambridge.

Hachface on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    So you ended up liking Mystery Train, Vari?

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Irond Will wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    Really? Do you think that a large portion of the world has "Death to America" as a catch-phrase just because?

-US support of Israel
    -Arming, training, and then abandoning militants in Afghanistan after using them to fight the USSR
    -The fact that we consume an incredibly disproportionate amount of resources and produce likewise in pollution

I could go on all day.
    the Al Qaeida attack on the US had nothing to do with pollution, and it had nothing to do with the US intervention in Afganistan or the subsequent "abandonment" of the lousy warlords we funded while over there.

In fact, the entire opposition to israel is the most irrational and propagandic political issue on the planet - any one of these countries could have offered political asylum to every palestinian in the country, built schools, build up their economy, or championed them in any number of meaningful ways. But these organizations don't give a shit about palestine and use opposition to Israel as a rallying standard to keep their populations from casting their gaze inwards or demanding real reforms to their crummy theocratic governments.

The fact that you would even pretend that "opposition to israel" is some sort of sympathetic, noble or reasonable cause is a howler. It's the kind of claim that a "question everything" liberal should be questioning is what I am saying here.

Pretending as though the US "had it coming" for 9/11 is so so stupid. Whatever your gripes are with our political system, they had absolutely nothing to do with the motivations of the terrorists.

I never said that 9/11 was justified. "Shit that drives a dude like Mohammad Ata to kill" and "justifiable reasons someone would kill" do not share a 1:1 correlation.

what drove Mohammad Ata to kill?

Was it au understandable and sympathetic motivation? Is it the sort of thing that you would criticise America for? Did it revolve around pollution and resource consumption? Did it have to do with US aid to Afganistan in the 80s?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit there is an epic storm outside.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    headin home

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    where

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the idea that the concerns of islamic militants line up with those of the far left in any more than an utterly cursory way takes my fucking breath away.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I am home.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you can always tell a milford man

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    where

Asgard.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the idea that the concerns of islamic militants line up with those of the far left in any more than an utterly cursory way takes my fucking breath away.

I was just about to post almost the same thing.

Isidore on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I seem to have got a second wind after being absolutely knackered when I got home but not having a nap.

This does not bode well for the rest of the night.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

b-b-but liberals

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I seem to have got a second wind after being absolutely knackered when I got home but not having a nap.

the most important thing I can do for my mental and physical health is to resist the urge for a post-work nap.

also I'm doing this new thing where I dont' use the internet after 9 on a work night.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    where

KC

have you ever been to the midwest? we get thunderstorms like whoa. you can see thunderheads coming in from the west, piled up a mile tall like the prow of the world's biggest ship. it's one of the consolations of living here as long as you're not in a flood-prone house.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    knackered

The hell?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    knackered

The hell?

britspeak

do not begrudge him his atavistic tongue

Hachface on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Irond Will wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

-US support of Israel

I could go on all day.

what drove Mohammad Ata to kill?

Was it au understandable and sympathetic motivation? Is it the sort of thing that you would criticise America for? Did it revolve around pollution and resource consumption? Did it have to do with US aid to Afganistan in the 80s?

I can't speak to the motivations of that guy. What I was trying to get across is that Lawndart's statement reflected a very troubling sentiment that a lot of Americans expressed after 9/11: "Why would anyone want to hurt America?!", and that this sentiment is crazy.

TL DR on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tumblr_l5vc7bmcTF1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man. Looking back at people I knew in highschool, a bunch of them are either Paultards or got teen pregnant.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

the idea that the concerns of islamic militants line up with reality in any way takes my fucking breath away.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Skippy that is great :3

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gooey wrote: »

the idea that the concerns of islamic militants line up with reality in any way takes my fucking breath away.

Stopped clock/twice daily.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was looking at photos today of a VW Scirocco that someone had dumped something corrosive, and then paint all over.

EDIT: skippy's post reminded me.

japan on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

the most important thing I can do for my mental and physical health is to resist the urge for a post-work nap.

also I'm doing this new thing where I dont' use the internet after 9 on a work night.

Usually I'm fine, and I've kinda been told to schedule naps every day, but I didn't fall straight asleep when I got home so missed out.

Random insomnia night, I guess.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dude that is an awesome prank

givin people all rainbow windshields

if only you could make it say "YOU ARE A COCK" instead of a rainbow

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    dude that is an awesome prank

givin people all rainbow windshields

if only you could make it say "YOU ARE A COCK" instead of a rainbow

my first thought was that it was street art

and you'd wipe your windshield and be like

fuck yes an unexpected rainbow

and then your post made me realize it is probably a prank and would probably upset most people

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    gays made my car go into a pole

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    gays made my car go into a ditch

goddamn gays love carwrecks dont they

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just recently learned there's a kansas city in missouri

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I would totes love a rainbow windshield

it beats the fuck out of the tree sap that's usually on there

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I just recently learned there's a kansas city in missouri

sigh

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.