As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

arrested develo[chat]

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tube just searches the word "infraction" and puts people who complain about infractions in his notebook

i'm not sure why but i doubt it's for a good reason

Evil Multifarious on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    One year Adelaide United were in a grand final. Someone found out that a somewhat unpopular American commentator would be traveling to the game. One of the posters on an Adelaide United forum jokingly posted that he would pay someone to put a bullet in him or something like that. Someone at ESPN noticed that post probably while googling the commentators name for some reason and there was an almighty shitstorm as a result. It was pretty fucking hilarious.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    wow that guy got banned because of me

his digital blood is on your hands

delicious, delicious blood!

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Well Coke, for starts that sounds like a real easy way to get sparks

I don't see how it's any easier than the current method. I do suppose if people don't keep their plugs flush to the side you could do some damage, but most power adapters nowadays have that ring of plastic around the plug that kinda naturally discourages that kind of thing.

But it definitely could happen. *shrug*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

"Mmm, how often do you get love letters again?" is not mushy sappy stuff, fun or not.

It's a bad reaction to someone else's rude post.

You need to relax more. There already enough bitter lonely people in chat. Learn from them.

I see where Nerd was coming from, Thom. It's not really cool to be like "HAR HAR YOU'RE LONELY."

And the constant sniping from Nerd and Ludicious has gotten old beyond belief. There will be people in love in the world. Sometimes you'll have to deal with it. Suck it up and move on.

Thomamelas on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    tube

i remember a while back you made a funny thread praising an incredible hullk game

here i have a 360 game called the incredible hulk that is (i believe) based on the 08 movie

is this the game you were talking about? if so maybe i'll play it

Organichu on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    i actually don't think i'd want to do a whole let's play of thief 3 because frankly i don't care, and i don't know the game very well at all

i just want to freak out while recording, because that is hilarious

i know this because i watched my friend literally scream and drop the controller when he discovered that necromorphs can't be decapitated to kill them, in Dead Space, and it was hysterical

Man, so the night I got Bioshock I had a bunch of friends over, and they were all "ooh, install it!" so I did, and we took turns playing through the first area or two.

And then I happened to be on deck during that part where you open the safe in the surgeon's office.

That part where you turn around from the safe to find a dude in a white mask standing behind you.

I will never, ever hear the last of them imitating my scream.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bravo Rivs,

I mean, you're just brilliant. You do, what I've wished I could do effectively in the past.

You can actually say one thing, then when called on it, you bat those doe eyes and say, Oh golly no officer, I didn't mean it THAT way.

Wow. Seriously. Good show. Damn.

Ludious on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Also you aren't going to get the most out of the device without a computer full of music and videos.

At some point Apple is going to have to make a mobile device which isn't reliant upon iTunes.

That will be a fantastic day.

What could possible lead you to think this? Certainly nothing Apple has done ever.

I'm just guessing. If iTunes is still around 30 years from now and the iPhone17G requires it? I will be very surprised.

What about the rumors of an iTunes cloud-based service, coupled with their $1 billion data center that will be open by the end of the year?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I am done caring about the "PDA" that goes on between Mori and Arivia.

I just think that particular post of hers is passive-aggressive bullshit that only leads to an argument.

Nerdgasmic on
  • EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am enlightened, JKosh. Thanks. I didn't know there was a temp-ban for points.

It reminds me of the points system at my job, where you got suspended for points. Which I always thought it was a little weird that they'd punish you for taking time off work by making you take time off work. A lot of my co-workers played the system and would push their points up so they'd get suspended just in time for a three or four day weekend.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Well Coke, for starts that sounds like a real easy way to get sparks

I don't see how it's any easier than the current method. I do suppose if people don't keep their plugs flush to the side you could do some damage, but most power adapters nowadays have that ring of plastic around the plug that kinda naturally discourages that kind of thing.

But it definitely could happen. *shrug*

Plug in a device, turn it on, move the plug very quickly across the bars.

Something will catch on fire.

_J_ on
    edited July 2010
    i actually don't think i'd want to do a whole let's play of thief 3 because frankly i don't care, and i don't know the game very well at all

i know this because i watched my friend literally scream and drop the controller when he discovered that necromorphs can't be decapitated to kill them, in Dead Space, and it was hysterical

Man, so the night I got Bioshock I had a bunch of friends over, and they were all "ooh, install it!" so I did, and we took turns playing through the first area or two.

And then I happened to be on deck during that part where you open the safe in the surgeon's office.

That part where you turn around from the safe to find a dude in a white mask standing behind you.

i keep feeling like i should maybe play through bioshock, but i wasn't terribly impressed by the little i did play

shooters in corridors don't really do it for me

although i did really enjoy dead space.

Evil Multifarious on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Chill the fuck out, Lud. if someone apologizes maybe you should try the amazing concept of accepting it and not dragging the issue out more.

I realize manners are terrifying new territory for you.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You guys are so cute.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That Shirley Sherrod woman is blaming the NAACP for getting her fired. in terms of finger-pointing, that was fast.

emnmnme on
    edited July 2010
    i keep feeling like i should maybe play through bioshock, but i wasn't terribly impressed by the little i did play

If you liked Dead Space I don't see any reason why you wouldn't like Bioshock.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bravo Rivs,

I mean, you're just brilliant. You do, what I've wished I could do effectively in the past.

You can actually say one thing, then when called on it, you bat those doe eyes and say, Oh golly no officer, I didn't mean it THAT way.

Wow. Seriously. Good show. Damn.

My apology was sincere. I didn't think through what I said, and I'm sorry for that. Furthermore, I'm sorry for any emotional distress caused to you by my callousness.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inception is a good movie.
    Time dilation, recursive worlds, and some decent action bits.

Would recommend; might watch it again in theatres.

That damn top, though. It was wobbling something fierce at the end.

Tamin on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I just think that particular post of hers is passive-aggressive bullshit that only leads to an argument.

Then if you think it's passive-aggressive then leave it alone. Do that with all passive-aggressive people and don't feed their nonsense. A big dramatic show is the P-A endgame, so if you think it's P-A then just walk away.

Thomamelas on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chill the fuck out, Lud. if someone apologizes maybe you should try the amazing concept of accepting it and not dragging the issue out more.

I have seen the error of my ways Sir...

What was it again? Sir...White?

Ludious on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Bioshock wasn't really groundbreaking in any way, it was just a solid sci-fi noiresque shooter with awesome atmosphere.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited July 2010

This.

I was trying to figure out how to word my thoughts, but you hit the nail on the head. :^:

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    shit some girl was reading over my shoulder for the past hour

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    tube

i remember a while back you made a funny thread praising an incredible hullk game

here i have a 360 game called the incredible hulk that is (i believe) based on the 08 movie

is this the game you were talking about? if so maybe i'll play it

I think the game Tube was talking about was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for the original box.

That's a really fun and almost unheard-of game.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2010

If you liked Dead Space I don't see any reason why you wouldn't like Bioshock.

my girlfriend watched me play through dead space, but i'd rather play through bioshock with mouse and keyboard

Evil Multifarious on
    edited July 2010

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

OH NOES!

_J_ on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I adore Bioshock

I wish GOG or Steam would put out System Shock

Elendil on
    edited July 2010

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

oh god

gun nut imagery

please stop it

Organichu on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

HEY GIRL OVER LOREN'S SHOULDER. HE THINKS YOUR HOT AND WANTS TO FUCK YOU!

JustinSane07 on
    edited July 2010

You know what? Stop that. Just because someone defends someone else does not mean they're a "white knight."

I am so fucking sick of the fact that a man can't stand up for a woman around here without you blaming it all on our gender. Maybe the person doing the defender would do the same if the person they were defending was male, too.

Stop throwing white knight around every fucking time a woman is involved. Jesus H. Fucking Christ.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010

Whatever. I feel kind of bad for your wife and kids if you behave this way in real life.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2010

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

But won't ever call you his girlfriend.

_J_ on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

Then if you think it's passive-aggressive then leave it alone. Do that with all passive-aggressive people and don't feed their nonsense. A big dramatic show is the P-A endgame, so if you think it's P-A then just walk away.

I was planning to, but then I got called bitter and a few other things.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited July 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I adore Bioshock

I wish GOG or Steam would put out System Shock

yes, yes, yes, yes.

Or rather what I would like to see is a 3-D remake.

The original is pretty hard to play, honestly. It was brilliant but it didn't even have WASD controls.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2010

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

mum's the word you dirty snitch!

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God fucking dammit. I bet you were just chatting away happy as anything all night but now that I'm awake it's the same fucking argument.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited July 2010

she knows everything

i'm shutting this down

mum's the word you dirty snitch!

Hey, you find a girl who is literate who will let you bone her?

You call her your "girlfriend".

It's what a gentleman would do.

_J_ on
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »

You know what? Stop that. Just because someone defends someone else does not mean they're a "white knight."

I am so fucking sick of the fact that a man can't stand up for a woman around here without you blaming it all on our gender. Maybe the person doing the defender would do the same if the person they were defending was male, too.

Stop throwing white knight around every fucking time a woman is involved. Jesus H. Fucking Christ.

stop white knight-essing jacob

Organichu on
    edited July 2010

I was planning to, but then I got called bitter and a few other things.

I didn't call you bitter. I implied you're heading down that path. There is a difference. :mrgreen:

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.