As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Chat] Dedicated to Incenjucar

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    <3Mori<3 just did the most awesome thing ever:

"So do you want me to tell you about Manitoba's contributions to the world stage?"
    "Besides you?"
    "oh god you are the best <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3"

What was Manitoba's contribution to the world stage?

I mean, you had Riel, which actually kind of helped consolidate the power of the federal government and NWMP outside of central Canada, the general strike, the meech lake accord, and the guess who. None of that really screams international though :P

I went with wheat and universal health care.

I think universal health care was Saskatchewan, actually. Both public hospital insurance and medical were implemented there before anywhere else, and used as the framework for what we have now.

James on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    One day I will have a [chat] dedicated to me...one day...

BobCesca on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gim, I have these 3 French movies, Rouge/Blanc/Bleu

haven't watched them yet. Do you know if they're any good? Picked them up for cheap on a half-remembered recommendation.

I like the hell out of them, especially Bleu. The director is Polish, but for the most part they are shot in France (except for Blanc, which seems appropriate given all the snow).

I think Vari has seen them as well. Just be sure to watch them in order (Bleu, Blanc, Rouge).

---
    Greeper wrote: »
    I was probably talking to OMIGOD ITS GIM <3

Hey pal!

Gim on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As soon as people talked about gathering support for their own [Chat], I knew either Elki or Thanatos would close the thread and make their own threads.

It is the way of things.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm just curious as to what song Than would pick for me.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So is America, Res.

James on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Gim, I have these 3 French movies, Rouge/Blanc/Bleu

haven't watched them yet. Do you know if they're any good? Picked them up for cheap on a half-remembered recommendation.

I like the hell out of them, especially Bleu. The director is Polish, but for the most part they are shot in France (except for Blanc, which seems appropriate given all the snow).

I think Vari has seen them as well. Just be sure to watch them in order (Bleu, Blanc, Rouge).

Okay, awesome. I think I'll start on them later tonight.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Posted this somewhere else, but here it is again. It will teach you all you need to know about Australia and Britain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3tfauw3vQ

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    god damnit, transformice distracted me for my chat thread opprotunity

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Agh, sometimes I hate getting into discussions of the racism in Hawaii with people who are from there. So many of them hate the idea of it happening in Hawaii that out of fear they disagree with me.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Make me happier, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Filthy Hawaiians need to get out of America.

Wait what side are we suppose to take?

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Agh, sometimes I hate getting into discussions of the racism in Hawaii with people who are from there. So many of them hate the idea of it happening in Hawaii that out of fear they disagree with me.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Make me happier, [chat].

Will happiness from teh cute work?

Or teh funny?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Make me happier, [chat].

featheredtrex.jpg

Gim on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Grumble grumble grumble.

Make me happier, [chat].

/ehugs

/all the ehugs

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

"So do you want me to tell you about Manitoba's contributions to the world stage?"
    "Besides you?"

I mean, you had Riel, which actually kind of helped consolidate the power of the federal government and NWMP outside of central Canada, the general strike, the meech lake accord, and the guess who. None of that really screams international though :P

I think universal health care was Saskatchewan, actually. Both public hospital insurance and medical were implemented there before anywhere else, and used as the framework for what we have now.

Fuck it. I'll just call it Saskatoba from now on and never admit that I ever told him they were separate provinces.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Filthy Hawaiians need to get out of America.

Wait what side are we suppose to take?

Hah.

But no.

More trouble with the idea of 'haole'.

Fuck, my shoulders are getting sore from this.

Wall-E will make everything better.

Then maybe I'll watch Jurassic Park. <3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

"Besides you?"

Fuck it. I'll just call it Saskatoba from now on and never admit that I ever told him they were separate provinces.

Well, he's American. He might just buy it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

"Besides you?"

It's alright, I have a map that should help clear things up for him:

canadamap01x600.jpg

James on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    So is America, Res.

And it, too, is dumb

Your move

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wow. And here I thought there was a Northwest Territories. Thanks, James!

Gim on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Than, I think since I'm moving on Sunday I should get a chat this weekend.

Just sayin' :winky:

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    His list of provinces and territories WAS pretty adorable. (So was teaching him the right way to pronounce Teranah and that he'd get his face pounded in for calling a Francophone a Qweebikker.)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The Watchmen movie was a collection of scenes from the comic performed rather well, but when strung together doesn't fit together as effectively as you'd hope. Many of the individual scenes are worth watching, however.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Wow. And here I thought there was a Northwest Territories. Thanks, James!

The more you know!

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have to go take an inventory of medical supplies later, but I don't want to

It shouldn't take too long, at least, because they're supposed to already be organized

If they're not I'm going to shoot someone

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The Watchmen movie was a collection of scenes from the comic performed rather well, but when strung together doesn't fit together as effectively as you'd hope. Many of the individual scenes are worth watching, however.

About halfway through I just decided to treat it like a series of sketches inspired by the comics. Improved the experience greatly.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Never having read the comic I quite liked the movie.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    His list of provinces and territories WAS pretty adorable. (So was teaching him the right way to pronounce Teranah and that he'd get his face pounded in for calling a Francophone a Qweebikker.)

That term is reserved for homosexual motorcycle enthusiasts.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

About halfway through I just decided to treat it like a series of sketches inspired by the comics. Improved the experience greatly.

I shall be treating Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows similarly.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

You're moving from the Northeast to the South.

I don't think anyone has ever written a song about someone quite that retarded.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So apparently how long a term has been considered derogatory makes a difference in how derogatory it is. :?

I need to stop going back to this discussion, it's ruining all the happy you guys caused.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »

You're moving from the Northeast to the South.

I don't think anyone has ever written a song about someone quite that retarded.

They have.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Res wrote: »

It shouldn't take too long, at least, because they're supposed to already be organized

Just make sure you have your pants on this time.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think that's less about Americans being dumb, and more about how Canadians are obsessed with Americans, while Americans feel nothing but polite apathy towards Canada.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't think North Carolina is really the south

Unless you define the south as "containing rednecks," in which case the region extends as far north as Philadelphia and as far west as Fresno

So basically everywhere except, maybe, Washington and Oregon

And perhaps Northern California, but I generally try to avoid that place altogether

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Monica Belluci is in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Why they didn't make this known in their commercials is beyond me. When the most beautiful woman in the world is in your movie, you fucking make it known.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Res wrote: »

Just make sure you have your pants on this time.

Hey I don't come to where you work and tell you to put your pants on

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I shall be treating Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows similarly.

Yeah I'm waiting for that to come out via Netflix, unless the reviews are good.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I told him I was going to make him watch this.

Okay, goodnight [chat].

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.