Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

15556575860

Posts

  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    As we know my opinion is fact so lets lay down the top three best and worst themes...

    Worst
    ur fase

    BEST
    1. Magneto... M A G N E T O
    2. x23... boobs + theme song + Japanese = pop
    3. Deadpool... ugh, just ugh. Now even if you think it sounds good now (which I don't) just imagine what it will sound like the 50th time you hear it.

    Fixed.

    Evil Weevil on
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    X-23's song was Japanese?

    No I mean mixed with Japanese culture silly. C'mon they have a habit of attaching terrible pop music to bad ass female characters. It always seems so outta place (ethnocentric). I'm never gonna be able to take x23 seriously with that playing in the background.

    Should have given her a really cool theme like C. Viper!

    Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

    Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    On the contrary I actually think Thors is one of my least favorites. I can see people not liking Deadpools because of the lyrics but that's precisely WHY it kicks so much ass.

    My favorites:

    1) Ammy's
    2) Dante's
    3) Spider-Man's

    Evil Weevil on
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On the contrary I actually think Thors is one of my least favorites. I can see people not liking Deadpools because of the lyrics but that's precisely WHY it kicks so much ass.

    My favorites:

    1) Ammy's
    2) Dante's
    3) Spider-Man's

    You're the first one I've heard of to dislike Thor's... received some of the best praise over on eventhubs.

    But lol... your top three are very very close to my bottom three. I hate Ammy's rave theme, Dante's is painfully generic, and Spider-Man's just doesn't fit him at all imo.

    It always amazes me how different opinions can be! Amazes me In a good and puzzling way mind you.

    I don't get you're deadpool point though. Why does it kick ass? Because of the lyrics or because you see people disliking it...

    Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

    Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Ross_CRoss_C Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think we can all agree that Arthur's theme is infact the best theme.

    I say this because it pretty much grabs you and is like "LETS KICK SOME ASS KNAVE!!!" and you're like "HELL YEAH" and its badass. So Badass.

    EDIT: As for Deadpool's theme, I like it. It's annoying. But that's because it's Deadpool's theme. If it wasn't annoying it wouldn't really fit Deadpool.

    Ross_C on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    On the contrary I actually think Thors is one of my least favorites. I can see people not liking Deadpools because of the lyrics but that's precisely WHY it kicks so much ass.

    My favorites:

    1) Ammy's
    2) Dante's
    3) Spider-Man's

    You're the first one I've heard of to dislike Thor's... received some of the best praise over on eventhubs.

    But lol... your top three are very very close to my bottom three. I hate Ammy's rave theme, Dante's is painfully generic, and Spider-Man's just doesn't fit him at all imo.

    It always amazes me how different opinions can be! Amazes me In a good and puzzling way mind you.

    I don't get you're deadpool point though. Why does it kick ass? Because of the lyrics or because you see people disliking it...

    "Do the walk, do the talk, walk the dog, do the shower, do the bed, go to school."

    Wtf does it all mean? Very mundane, "what" lyrics. It's like, "what the hell is this?"

    And it fits Deadpool perfectly.

    I can't give more explanation than that and try to make it sound like it makes sense.

    Evil Weevil on
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    On the contrary I actually think Thors is one of my least favorites. I can see people not liking Deadpools because of the lyrics but that's precisely WHY it kicks so much ass.

    My favorites:

    1) Ammy's
    2) Dante's
    3) Spider-Man's

    You're the first one I've heard of to dislike Thor's... received some of the best praise over on eventhubs.

    But lol... your top three are very very close to my bottom three. I hate Ammy's rave theme, Dante's is painfully generic, and Spider-Man's just doesn't fit him at all imo.

    It always amazes me how different opinions can be! Amazes me In a good and puzzling way mind you.

    I don't get you're deadpool point though. Why does it kick ass? Because of the lyrics or because you see people disliking it...

    "Do the walk, do the talk, walk the dog, do the shower, do the bed, go to school."

    Wtf does it all mean? Very mundane, "what" lyrics. It's like, "what the hell is this?"

    And it fits Deadpool perfectly.

    I can't give more explanation than that and try to make it sound like it makes sense.

    Ok that's what I thought you meant. I was thinking you meant since people will dislike it it will kick ass (what is deadpool if not comically annoying?) Ya no I get not-getting the lyrics... doesn't change the fact the singing and actual music part sucks.

    Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

    Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hopefully with Arthur being in we get a new G&G game, maybe on the downloable game scene.

    Or this has all be a clever trick and MvC3 is in actuality, a new G&G game.

    SkutSkut on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    Wishpig wrote: »
    On the contrary I actually think Thors is one of my least favorites. I can see people not liking Deadpools because of the lyrics but that's precisely WHY it kicks so much ass.

    My favorites:

    1) Ammy's
    2) Dante's
    3) Spider-Man's

    You're the first one I've heard of to dislike Thor's... received some of the best praise over on eventhubs.

    But lol... your top three are very very close to my bottom three. I hate Ammy's rave theme, Dante's is painfully generic, and Spider-Man's just doesn't fit him at all imo.

    It always amazes me how different opinions can be! Amazes me In a good and puzzling way mind you.

    I don't get you're deadpool point though. Why does it kick ass? Because of the lyrics or because you see people disliking it...

    "Do the walk, do the talk, walk the dog, do the shower, do the bed, go to school."

    Wtf does it all mean? Very mundane, "what" lyrics. It's like, "what the hell is this?"

    And it fits Deadpool perfectly.

    I can't give more explanation than that and try to make it sound like it makes sense.

    Ok that's what I thought you meant. I was thinking you meant since people will dislike it it will kick ass (what is deadpool if not comically annoying?) Ya no I get not-getting the lyrics... doesn't change the fact the singing and actual music part sucks.

    Heh, I can see your point but I still love the song. Also, Captain America's has REALLY grown on me.

    Evil Weevil on
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Captain America's is far and away the best theme of the bunch so far (that I've listened to)

    Ryu's was pretty good

    But Viewtiful Joe's... man. Not liking it what they've done to it, and I loved his theme back in VJ1

    Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    With Deadpool's theme, there's all the everyday "walk the dog, go to school" stuff, but it's also got the whole "please please don't don't never never do it do it" thing going on for the rest of the song. I'm not about to pretend to analyze a bunch of engrish, but it does feel like a bit of a normal vs. crazy gibberish vibe to it which is pretty cool.

    But that's really beside the point anyway because the best themes are Dormammu's, Morrigan's, Ammy's, and Cap's. I just wish they'd sprung for live guitar on Dorm's like they did for Wolverine and Hulk. What gives?

    Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVTn2zafyA

    I still want the song from this trailer.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love Dante's theme... DMC3 a bit remixed? So fitting.

    I am a bit disappointed they couldn't use any of the awesome music from the Iron Man movies for MvC3. His theme is one of my least favorites here.

    Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The themes are mostly okay.

    But fuuuuuu disorganised song tags.

    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Iron Man's (or I should say War Machine's) theme is really bad. Especially with the autotune parts.




    EDIT:
    Wishpig wrote: »
    3. Deadpool... ugh, just ugh. Now even if you think it sounds good now (which I don't) just imagine what it will sound like the 50th time you hear it.

    They should have used his theme from Ultimate Alliance 2

    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The most important song is missing still.

    Where's "I Wanna Take You for a Ride?!"

    Amaterasu's is #1, Arthur's a close #2, and Wesker's is really growing on me, so it's #3. Trish is close behind at #4. And X-23's reminds me a lot of Roll's j-pop theme, so it's #5.

    El Fantastico on
    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love when all the other instruments kick in from 0:05 onwards in Ammy's theme.

    EDIT: Man I thought Trish's was based on the first battle theme you hear in DMC1 and then suddenly I hear some singing and think 'wtf is this?'

    Chrono Helix on
  • CDiggityCDiggity Registered User
    edited October 2010
    I guess the lyrics to Deadpool's theme makes as much sense as anything Deadpool does >_>
    Do the walk.
    Do the talk.
    Don't get fooled.
    Go to school.

    Do my watch.
    Do what your taught.
    She just saw a thing you have.

    Do the club.
    Do your bed.
    Don't be shy
    Doing a lie.

    Do the cry.
    Do the shout.
    Do it, do it
    Never do it!

    Please don't run amok.
    In my house. x2
    Please don't talk about it
    To a male. x2
    Please don't tell a lie.
    Please don't make a lie.
    Please, please, don't, don't, never, never do it, do it!

    Don't you understand what I mean while I say a song?
    Never do it now! x2
    I just don't what you make me feel like this again.
    Never do it now, never, never, never!
    Don't you understand what I mean while I say song.
    Never do it now! x2
    I just don't why you make me feel like this again.
    Never do it now, never, never, never, NEVER!

    CDiggity on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrP25mDlYNQ&

    00:39 - Felicia calls Ammy "Puppy". :3

    Evil Weevil on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow, that dog cannot take a hit to save its life.

    Doom practically obliterated the canine with two supers.

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Wow, that dog cannot take a hit to save its life.

    Doom practically obliterated the canine with two supers.
    Doesn't surprise me, he seems like a damn good character so he had to have some fault.

    I've heard the button set up over and over but it just dawned on me I don't know how they're handling tags.
    I wasn't a fan of the way it was in Tatsunoko.

    Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User
    edited October 2010
    The most important song is missing still.

    Where's "I Wanna Take You for a Ride?!"
    They used that in one of the trailers on the JP site, actually.
    I've heard the button set up over and over but it just dawned on me I don't know how they're handling tags.
    I wasn't a fan of the way it was in Tatsunoko.
    Right now a dry tag is performed by holding either of the assist buttons for about 1/2 a second. Which is way worse than either MVC2 or TVC, imo. I want that shit to be instant.

    I don't know why people bitch about TVC's tagging anyway. Want to move back and call an assist without tagging? Just hop back and do it. Easy.

    Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't know why people bitch about TVC's tagging anyway. Want to move back and call an assist without tagging? Just hop back and do it. Easy.
    Honestly I think I hate it just because I fumble around with the Cube controller. I've got one gutted but the PCB is giving me trouble, its a real bitch.

    But that is a weird way to tag. Doubly so considering regular tags can be dangerous.

    Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Presumably, people want to be able to react to gaps in attack strings without having to risk being caught not blocking. If you have to stop blocking for even an instant in order to use an assist while under attack, you're probably fucked if that assist is your best chance at shedding offensive pressure (and for many characters, it is).

    But hey, they call the launcher attack the 'Exchange' button. Why not make it live up to that name by making dry tag-ins E+assist button.

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User
    edited October 2010
    notsoy wrote: »
    Presumably, people want to be able to react to gaps in attack strings without having to risk being caught not blocking. If you have to stop blocking for even an instant in order to use an assist while under attack, you're probably fucked if that assist is your best chance at shedding offensive pressure (and for many characters, it is).
    Yeah but calling out a regular assist in the middle of a blockstring like that would just cause the assist to get pummeled more often than not anyway, at least in TvC. A crossover counter would usually be preferable to that if your goal is to get the other guy off of you via attacking (instead of pushblocking).

    Heck, part of the reason I main Morrigan/Ryu in that game now is because they're two of the few characters in that game who have invincible crossover counters.
    But hey, they call the launcher attack the 'Exchange' button. Why not make it live up to that name by making dry tag-ins E+assist button.
    A number of people seem to agree with this. That probably is the best course of action I could think of.

    Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The assists in question often have enough invincibility to use them as reversals or space-makers anyway (Cyke, Ken, Captain Commando, etc), the idea being that instead of trying to use the point character's reversal and getting raped for guessing wrong, you use the assist and, if you guessed wrong, you can attempt to cover the assist's escape.

    But with how stupid pushblocking is right now, it's kind of a moot issue anyway. As is, I think the only characters who can really sustain offensive pressure without speedup supers or X-Factor are those with command teleports, which would be Wesker and possibly Dante or Strider Hiryu (if they have him in there - I hope they do :() since you can cancel a pushblocked attack string into a command teleport. Maybe Spencer with his ranged grabs could also sustain an offensive in spite of pushblocking as well?

    notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    From Niitsumas twitter via Event Hubs

    • No additional Darkstalkers characters.
    • No Monster Hunter.
    • No Sengoku BASARA.
    • No Breath of Fire.
    • No Gill (Street Fighter), but Niitsuma likes him.
    • Mega Man fans have to wait a little longer.

    Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »
    From Niitsumas twitter via Event Hubs

    • No additional Darkstalkers characters.
    • No Monster Hunter.
    • No Sengoku BASARA.
    • No Breath of Fire.
    • No Gill (Street Fighter), but Niitsuma likes him.
    • Mega Man fans have to wait a little longer.

    What the hell Capcom. What the hell.

    Orochi_Rockman on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    On the EventHub page with the news of deconfirmations, a guy linked a supposed "leak" of the roster that he got from an IRC.
    mvc3select.jpg

    It's probably fake but I find it interesting since it isn't the first time I've seen those exact characters leaked out, but this was a while back.

    Edit: There is also correspondence with representation from each companies franchises.

    Four Street Fighters, Four X-Men, three Spider-Man, three Mega Man characters... etc, etc. I say if it is real, then it's a little funny how they are doing that. Supposing this thing is legitimate, of course.

    Edit 2: A guy on shoryuken.com says the image was taken from a removed Youtube video tour of Capcom Europe's office.

    Evil Weevil on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd judge it probably (not definitely) fake, yet plausible guesses either way. Howard the Duck can easily fit Seth's description of "when I first saw the design concept I was like, 'You're kidding me, right?' and they were like, 'No.'"

    SabreMau on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So why wouldn't Dr. Strange himself be in?

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So why wouldn't Dr. Strange himself be in?

    They deconfirmed him a while back... as to WHY, I have no idea.

    If this is the real list, then I'm actually really happy with it.

    Evil Weevil on
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    that list has howard the duck.

    ill believe it when i see it.

    Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

    You've made your sale.

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

    You've made your sale.

    Jesus christ get over it already man.


    Also, whos top mid on the capcom side there? Zed something or other it looks like, but i cant make it out.

    Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

    You've made your sale.

    Jesus christ get over it already man.


    Also, whos top mid on the capcom side there? Zed something or other it looks like, but i cant make it out.

    It's supposed to be Red Arremer, from Ghosts n' Goblins.

    Evil Weevil on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

    You've made your sale.

    Jesus christ get over it already man.


    Also, whos top mid on the capcom side there? Zed something or other it looks like, but i cant make it out.

    Red Arremer.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Skab wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

    You've made your sale.

    Jesus christ get over it already man.


    Also, whos top mid on the capcom side there? Zed something or other it looks like, but i cant make it out.

    Red Arremer.

    Ahh, thank you.

    Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    No Jin makes me sad, but Venom included?

    You've made your sale.

    Jesus christ get over it already man.

    Get over what?

    Godfather on
    0WBv0.png
  • jtir123jtir123 Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Spider-woman with the "Spider-man" logo over it? >.> She's not really connected to Spider-man.

    jtir123 on
Sign In or Register to comment.