As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA The Series : Episode 26 - The Show

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2010
    We'll try to do some debugging on our end - sorry for that guys. We may need to re-encode if it's a widespread issue. Can those with issues post their flash versions and browser/platform? thx.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    TrickyVTrickyV Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ivar wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    So apparently if I want to get mentioned on PATV, I need to act like LearnedHand.

Or make a song with samples from PATV episodes

I dunno, I think I drained that well dry <_<

TrickyV on
    ~~~
    You've wasted precious seconds of your life reading this.
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Great episode as always, I particularly enjoyed seeing Jerry's reaction to the popularity of the series.

Section regarding technical issues with the media player below.
    I'm on a 100mbs connection and it's still laggy even though the entire episode has cached. Switching from HD solves this, but detracts from my viewing experience. Just mousing over the volume control causes the volume adjust to constantly appear unless you change the volume. Even then it will sometime choose to remain on the screen. Moving the progress tracker at any time causes it to move to the beginning of the episode even if the video currently playing is actually half-way though the episode. This also results in a permanent loading timer bar across the middle of the screen.

I'm using the latest version of firefox with the latest flash update.

No connection or flash version in the world helps the fact your CPU is most likely a piece of shit that can't play back HD content. I know this, because that's exactly how my CPU behaves. I have to download the episode and run it through many a filter to see it in HD.

Also, one more after this, or is this the end?

BlackDove on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Was I the only one that felt Khoo telling 2PP why they're hiring someone to replace them was a little cold? I mean, putting it in the episode like that brought back memories of being fired, and now I've got a knot in my stomach as if I had just been fired.

Harsh, Khoo. I mean, I get your argument, but obviously the response to 2PP's work has been exceedingly positive so far, and the "event" format has really gone a long way to building a better idea of what you guys are all about and how you operate; a solid foundation, if you will. I certainly hope that 2PP was allowed a chance to try to retool the format themselves.

*edit* I just rewatched that part. I may have misinterpreted it; is 2PP leaving of their own will, or are you guys choosing to "go in another direction"?

Houn on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    It looks like 2PP are leaving of their own volition, since Khoo was like 'since you guys are leaving, a bunch of stuff about the next season since you won't be here'

also i would sign up in a heartbeat for that webcomics contestant show

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Since you are leaving" is still fairly ambiguous, though.

Houn on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it sounded to me like they were leaving on their own will. Hard to say for sure though.

I'd echo the
    why exactly is
    2 player leaving?
    that someone asked on the first page.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Also, a Lexxy~ <3 cameo.
    What is wrong with you?
    I like making obscure reference jokes?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I laughed so hard at the end with Jerry's eyes going back and forth with him just envisioning it and muttering "Yeah...."

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    I only got to see the first half of the episode because I had to leave for work. Next season, can you guys include a mobile compatible version of the videos? That would be awesome.

I just watched the episode on my iPhone. On a bus. I feel like I'm in the future.

Also Two Player don't go! We looove yoooouuuuu :(

P.s. one issue I noticed with the new format, I watched the 4th panel about breastmilk again, and it cuts off just before the end. It cut off Scott saying "that is boob, my mans!". Unacceptable.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I laughed so hard at the end with Jerry's eyes going back and forth with him just envisioning it and muttering "Yeah...."

That one is Mike.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But you'd lose.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    DirkMaximusDirkMaximus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    But you'd lose.

It's entirely possible that the only real winners would be Mike and Jerry.

DirkMaximus on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looking forward to Hell's Arcade, featuring Chef Scott Kurtz.

"YOU STUPID DONKEY. You call that a hand!? It looks like a banana!"

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Houn wrote: »
    "Since you are leaving" is still fairly ambiguous, though.

That was actually Khoo's way of firing them right then. Pretty cold.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Holster that pasta and cancel that laughter!
    Make me a pasta and do it much faster!"

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Starting to sound like a Dr Seuss book.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    smof wrote: »
    Or change your name to Mike, Jerry or Robert

i doubt the courts would let you change your name to that

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited July 2010
    Shyfted wrote: »
    I missed the Porcupine Tree shirt until now! I now know who is the coolest man in the office.

^5!

David Coffman on
  • Options
    Conn0r_KentConn0r_Kent Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Absolutely love this show. Made an account today just to get on here and let people know, haha. I hope 2 Player comes back for the 2nd season, I really enjoy what they create. Though even if it were 10 minutes of Mike and Jerry farting into a mic I'd still watch it...is that weird? Nah.

Conn0r_Kent on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well it's with the understanding that when Mike and Jerry fart into a mic it'd probably be in a way that was entertaining and with 2PP using the right cuts and shots to make it good.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shyfted wrote: »
    I missed the Porcupine Tree shirt until now! I now know who is the coolest man in the office.

^5!

Thank God PA can pull off even the barest social commentary better than PT can.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are ye olde podcasts still available to download anywhere?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    swphreakswphreak Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I second the Hell's Arcade idea.

Or at least a comic about it.

swphreak on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ten minutes every Friday of Gabe treating people like Reggie Fils-Aime's assistant in that one comic.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    I only got to see the first half of the episode because I had to leave for work. Next season, can you guys include a mobile compatible version of the videos? That would be awesome.

I just watched the episode on my iPhone. On a bus. I feel like I'm in the future.

Also Two Player don't go! We looove yoooouuuuu :(

P.s. one issue I noticed with the new format, I watched the 4th panel about breastmilk again, and it cuts off just before the end. It cut off Scott saying "that is boob, my mans!". Unacceptable.

What? Why isn't it working on my droid?

Goose! on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like how deadpan Mike is when he's talking about their hiring process. "We wouldn't hire them."

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    I like how deadpan Mike is when he's talking about their hiring process. "We wouldn't hire them."

I don't think "deadpan" is quite the right word, since I'm pretty sure he was actually serious.

Houn on
  • Options
    knytehawkkknytehawkk Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    First off - another great episode.

I too am sad to hear that 2PP is going, they have done an absolutely tremendous job making this series what it is.

On that note, however, I would like to scream at the top of my lungs that they not turn Season 2 into "an actual reality TV show". I agree with Khoo that you can't keep doing event-based stuff every season as that would eventually get stale, but seriously, PLEASE DO NOT do "theme" tv here guys. The number one biggest reason I watch the series (and love it and tell everyone I know to watch it) is because it is a brutal, forcibly honest look into the life of PA. Every week it's a dose of actual true life, not Actual True Life (TM).

Personally, I'd be happy with only having a new PATV once a month if it meant sticking to that honesty versus trying to come up with some kind of gimmick.

Just the voice of one fan. Thanks for listening.

knytehawkk on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Uhhh reality tv show doesn't mean theme show, unless I'm misunderstanding your meaning. Robert himself says that during their day to day doing whatever has enough content to be presentable. That means they don't have to do a theme. If you're worried about Mike's comments on an artist elimination show format, I think he was joking about that and the notion of themes in general.

From what I gather of Robert's scene, themes won't be a thing in season 2.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    But you'd lose.

Winning wouldn't be the point.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If they're implying Season 2 would be mostly in office stuff like daily interactions with the staff as well as 4th Panels, then I'm really looking forward to it. All the episodes of this season were great but the 4th Panels were consistently hilarious. I also really miss the podcasts.

Overall though, the show was awesome. Thanks to 2PP and everyone involved for making it possible.

Adus on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would be curious to know what equipment Two Player uses.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But you'd lose.

Winning wouldn't be the point.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the targeted abuse would be some people's reward. Also, you know some guy would get on and be awful just to get the attention.

I will say that I usually can't stand "reality TV" but I really found this series endearing. It was a nice window into the business and process and made me a little jealous that I don't in a place that's so cool.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    knytehawkk wrote: »
    First off - another great episode.

I too am sad to hear that 2PP is going, they have done an absolutely tremendous job making this series what it is.

On that note, however, I would like to scream at the top of my lungs that they not turn Season 2 into "an actual reality TV show". I agree with Khoo that you can't keep doing event-based stuff every season as that would eventually get stale, but seriously, PLEASE DO NOT do "theme" tv here guys. The number one biggest reason I watch the series (and love it and tell everyone I know to watch it) is because it is a brutal, forcibly honest look into the life of PA. Every week it's a dose of actual true life, not Actual True Life (TM).

Personally, I'd be happy with only having a new PATV once a month if it meant sticking to that honesty versus trying to come up with some kind of gimmick.

Just the voice of one fan. Thanks for listening.

I think you're worrying about nothing here,

Khoo said that enough happens in the office day to day to be able to pull it off. So it's not like they're going to be coming up with crazy shit like "Everyone has to talk like a pirate today for the show, any slip ups and you're fired! Drama!"

I for one am glad they're going to moving away from the event based shows. 2PP have done a fantastic job and it's been really great seeing what goes on at PAX (One day I'll attend ... one day), childs play etc. But some of the best parts of PATV are the normal, candid moments.

Like GISing for lions and finding a lion riding a horse.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But you'd lose.

Only crwth would win, after everyone else quit.
    Dusda wrote: »
    I would be curious to know what equipment Two Player uses.

Cameras, I think. Maybe microphones too.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I saw a wire.

edit- it could have been a rubber tube.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am sad to see 2PP go. That new company better continue to use awesome chiptune music in the episodes, it's definitely my favorite thing about the show.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
This discussion has been closed.