As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Debate and Discourse [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So tired. We left at midnight Thursday morning and drove the 12 hours, stayed up until 1 am because I hadn't seen my family in18 months, woke up at 7 the next day and spent it working on a wedding cake and all the related wedding stuff, stayed up until 3 this morning finishing the wedding cake, got up at 7 and I've been doing all the photography for this white trash hoedown since. Now I'm listening to a baby cry. I may go punch a baby.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hey Mazzy do you know anywhere in Denver/Boulder/Longmont (in increasing order of preference) that sells computer parts on Saturdays? My heat sink is fried, and I could buy this on the interbutts, but I don't really want to either pay $30 for shipping or wait a week to use my desktop again.

Sadly no, other than best buy. I live on the Southwest side of Denver(Chatfield area). I know of one off I-25 and I think its like Belleview called Microcenter which is pretty similar to a real life New Egg.

Yeah, I don't think Best Buy would carry an old heat sink and I don't want to drive to Denver on a weekday. :( maybe I should pay an extra $6 shipping and do 3 day ground from the internet.

Microcenter is open on a weekend as well. Its a chain thing for computer parts. But it is in the DTC, which is a bit of a drive from Boulder. And I hate driving the dtc 7 days a week anyways. Here is their website though. Other than that not sure at all. Unless there are some local computer fix it shops near you, they might have a heat sink you can buy.

http://www.microcenter.com/

Try radio shack, just for the heck of it. I've found an IDE cable there before unexpectedly, and I know they have cooling fans too.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I watched Toy Story 3 again today, now that it's out over here.

Just as good as the first time. And less than half the price of watching it on Broadway.

I'm probably going to see it with friends again this weekend. But man, first time was with my little brother, and sister. Everything involving the dinosaurs made me hella uncomfortable. I can't believe they managed to get away with a U rating.

Leitner on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Excellent, thanks Mazzy!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A U Rating?

Isn't that what happens in a Wal Mart when someone is bitten by a feral dog?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a couple of small computer places in the Westminster area. You might try this place: http://www.pc-city.com/

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    I watched Toy Story 3 again today, now that it's out over here.

Just as good as the first time. And less than half the price of watching it on Broadway.

I'm probably going to see it with friends again this weekend. But man, first time was with my little brother, and sister. Everything involving the dinosaurs made me hella uncomfortable. I can't believe they managed to get away with a U rating.

I don't remember anything like that.... got any examples?

Tav on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hullo chat.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i dont understand what is going on here in this new tron
    but it looks so cool
    can someone make a tron thread and explain this to me

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey Mazzy do you know anywhere in Denver/Boulder/Longmont (in increasing order of preference) that sells computer parts on Saturdays? My heat sink is fried, and I could buy this on the interbutts, but I don't really want to either pay $30 for shipping or wait a week to use my desktop again.

Sadly no, other than best buy. I live on the Southwest side of Denver(Chatfield area). I know of one off I-25 and I think its like Belleview called Microcenter which is pretty similar to a real life New Egg.

Yeah, I don't think Best Buy would carry an old heat sink and I don't want to drive to Denver on a weekday. :( maybe I should pay an extra $6 shipping and do 3 day ground from the internet.

How does one break a heatsink?

It is just a chunk of metal.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    but it looks so cool

light cycles!

Tron is so bad.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    who's wedding is it, matt

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fucking Jehovas just came to my door. I just pointed to the mezuzah on the door and said this means we are Jews. And then just nodded and told them my dog was going to eat through the door so I had to go inside. Fucking Jehovas.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    but it looks so cool

You know, I forgot about Tron.

I remember enjoying the Tron 2.0 FPS a little. It had a System Shock 1 cyberspace feel to it.

It would be nice if someone would re-release that. And System Shock 1/2. And also No One Lives Forever 1/2.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a couple of small computer places in the Westminster area. You might try this place: http://www.pc-city.com/

I prefer a big joint anyway, thanks. Going to see about getting something that screws in and out instead of this stupid pinch-tab crap.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    but it looks so cool

Watch the original, its out on dvd. Might be out on blu-ray. Its entertaining though light. Plus when you realize that the movie was done in the 80's you realize how awesome the graphics where.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I inadvertently stabbed one of my best friends last night.

Other than that though it was a pretty fun night.

o_O

Yeah.... yeah.

He was screwing around with knives. He had the flat of a blade against my thigh which I promptly removed at which point he took out his second knife so I grabbed his wrist. Then it felt like the blade sank into steak.

So he jumps up and runs to the bathroom, I'm sitting there wide eyed trying to figure out what the fuck just happened and his girlfriend is across the table smiling due to ignorance. So I take off to the bathroom, see blood on the floor under the stall and ask him what the fuck is going on. He tells me to get his girlfriend outside because he has to go to the ER.

So I run all the way back through the bar and practically drag her outside explaining that she had to drive him to the ER right the fuck now.

He's fine though. He texted me about an hour later that he'd just gotten four stitches.

Such a weird end to the night =\

On the plus side I guess I can say I totally stabbed a dude in a bar one time?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »

It is a combined heat sink and fan. The piece that broke is involved in securing it to the motherboard.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I wish I liked fighting games, the marvel vs. are awesome

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    :whistle:Remember when we first met John McClane?
    Argyle picked him up from the plane...:whistle:

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    but it looks so cool

light cycles!

Tron is so bad.

yeah but it involves cutting people in half with discs now too
    he's totally out of his element

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I once drunkenly punched one of my best friends in the face

four times

its ok though cus I was wearing MMA gloves

and he asked me to do it

and neither of us remember it

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It is a combined heat sink and fan. The piece that broke is involved in securing it to the motherboard.

one of those clip deals? Those are stupid and I hate them.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »

four times

and he asked me to do it

I totally stabbed a dude in a bar one time.

(too soon?)

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

o_O

Yeah.... yeah.

He was screwing around with knives. He had the flat of a blade against my thigh which I promptly removed at which point he took out his second knife so I grabbed his wrist. Then it felt like the blade sank into steak.

So he jumps up and runs to the bathroom, I'm sitting there wide eyed trying to figure out what the fuck just happened and his girlfriend is across the table smiling due to ignorance. So I take off to the bathroom, see blood on the floor under the stall and ask him what the fuck is going on. He tells me to get his girlfriend outside because he has to go to the ER.

So I run all the way back through the bar and practically drag her outside explaining that she had to drive him to the ER right the fuck now.

He's fine though. He texted me about an hour later that he'd just gotten four stitches.

Why is your friend a fucking moron?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Off the top of my head.
    The T-rex every time he'd go 'I'm going to get played with, it's been years!' The MSN thing with the triceratops. 'I've come back from the doctor with life changing news'. And the credits scene where they're both 'playing the game' at the end is just so ridiculously 'does this remind you of anything', they collapse on top of each other panting, I mean come on.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

four times

and he asked me to do it

I punched my best friends tooth out in 1st grade. Baby tooth though.

Let me just say to you guys that "Mama Said Knock You Out" was a very popular song at the time.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

o_O

Yeah.... yeah.

"He took out his other knife" sounds like he carries knives as a matter of course. Which is a horrible quality in a person.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

o_O

Yeah.... yeah.

Why is your friend a fucking moron?
    Yeah, your friend sounds like a douche. Who carrys around two knives and plays with them while drunk?

Plus two knives? WTF? Just in case the first knife isn't enough?

What a dumbass.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Look, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be his friend anymore, just that I'm happy he did get stabbed.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So the other day I was drunk and then me and my friends played with knives! Next week, drunken firearm cleaning!

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Off the top of my head.
    The T-rex every time he'd go 'I'm going to get played with, it's been years!' The MSN thing with the triceratops. 'I've come back from the doctor with life changing news'. And the credits scene where they're both 'playing the game' at the end is just so ridiculously 'does this remind you of anything', they collapse on top of each other panting, I mean come on.

I've not seen the movie in like, 9 years. I was just wondering :P

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My sisters.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My sisters.

Your sisters are marrying each other?

Your state has fairly liberal marriage laws.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My sisters.

I didn't think they approved of gay marrige in the south.

Edit: Fuckin boooo Apo.

Tav I'm talking about the film that got released this monday, not the second one.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Anyone here gots the Bad Company 2?

I need peeps to play with. That game is way less soloable than MW2.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My sisters.

I didn't think they approved of gay marrige in the south.

They actually give you a subsidy for incest though.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

one of those clip deals? Those are stupid and I hate them.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fun fact of the day:

Timothy Dalton became James Bond in the 80's after the lacklustre and camp Roger Moore. With Dalton the iconic character seemed to go back to his routes, becoming more brutal and womanising as he was described in the books. Sadly it wasn't to be, as Timothy Dalton only managed to last two movies before MGM went into legal difficulty that resulted in another bond movie not being released for at least a decade.

Daniel Craig has similarly only made two movies, is supposed to be more like the books, and also seems to have become stuck as MGM suffer from financial concerns.

Coincidence?

MORE FROM TALES

OF

INTEREST!!

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Timothy Dalton is also rad as hell in Hot Fuzz.

I am making a contribution!

Apothe0sis on
This discussion has been closed.