As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good places to buy used games online

THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny.Real shiny.Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Amazon, Craigslist and Ebay are obviously the top three I would think, but does anyone have a site that sells used games that I can't seem to think of?

Gamestop I am not really counting because I can go to a local store and buy stuff there.

Any other reasonable sites that come to mind for anybody?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
THEPAIN73 on

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Out of the box solution here but why not try steam? They have sales a couple of times a year not to mention midweek and weekend deal on individual games. Often these end up being substatially cheaper than even pre owned games. You can mostly get between 40-75% off RRP, sometimes more.

Casual on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Same thing with GoG.com, especially for some of thoe hard to find out of print games.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've actually bought a decent amount of used games off of Gamefly. Their prices are sometimes quite good, and every game has arrived quickly in wonderful condition. They keep the discs in great condition, and the packaging is all intact and basically untouched.

Dehumanized on
  • tree barktree bark Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    glyde.com - I've never bought anything from this site, but I've read a lot of praise about them and their the prices seem reasonable.

goozex.com - Goozex is geared more towards trading than buying. If you don't trade in any games, you'll need to purchase both Goozex points and trade tokens before you can order a game. If you do trade in some games to earn enough Goozex points, you'll only need to purchase trade tokens ($1 each). There's also some waiting involved if you want a popular game.

I usually trade in my games after I beat them, and I'll only buy a game if I want it on Day 1. Otherwise, I'll just request it through Goozex, which saves me a bunch of money.

tree bark on
    arachnidreactor.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seconding Gamefly. It's the only place I buy used games from. Obviously it's console only.

Sir Carcass on