The Campaign and Custom Map discussion thread
Starcraft II is almost upon us and leaks of the single player campaign are starting to make their way online. Once the game releases, it will be a swarm of discussions on multiplayer, campaign, and custom maps. By the way the current SC2 thread moves, getting answers or having meaningful talks about campaign and custom maps will be next to impossible to follow.
Therefore, I'm creating this separate thread to focus only on those two aspects of the game. If this thread isn't being used or the mods deem it unnecessary, we can close it down. I don't see this thread getting a lot of support after four or so months, so I'll then combine the OP info into the multiplayer thread for a more focused experience. If you'd like to participate in this thread, please be aware of the following:
RULES OF WHAT TO AND NOT TO POST IN THIS THREAD
1) Single player campaign discussion. As this is a new game and people play at their own pace, I'd like to impose a spoiler ruler when it comes to storyline. According to sources, the game will have around 25-30 missions although multiple branches can be taken to get to the end. In order to be fair in respect to slower players, the rule of thumb will be to spoiler all discussions about storylines, cutscenes, or major plot twists for 1 month after release.
This can and will change depending on how many actual missions there are and how they branch out. If it is discovered that all the branches lead to a certain point before branching again, then we'll change it to a system that covers the campaign that way instead. Long and short, please spoiler all story discussions until the end of August.
2) Advice. If you're having a hard time on a particular mission, feel free to ask for help and advice here. Spoiler what is needed, but ask away.
3) Cheat codes. Once the cheat codes start getting found, PM them to me and I'll compile the list of them here.
4) Custom Map discussions. If you've created a custom map and want people to test it for you, this is the thread to do it in. You can also link to other maps that you've found and thought were particularly awesome. This is also the place to ask for help in creating maps or having someone more skilled make one for you. No begging please. As this thread continues to grow, I'll compile the best custom maps here. PM me whatever you got and I'll add it when I can.
5) Do NOT discuss multiplayer here, we have a super awesome multiplayer thread
for that already. There is also a separate thread for a Penny Arcade focused league
which is a weekly gaming and team based event.
6) Do NOT discuss tournaments or pro matches here. Take it to the multiplayer thread.
7) Don't be a dick.
A video recap of the story events leading up to Starcraft II straight from Blizzard. Or, watch the humorous IGN version:
Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover