:(

Not alone there
    Guess I'll go get some sleep? o.O

skettios on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    blaaaargh

Servers were down all day - they came up before I left for work and now I get home and they are down again.

So - was anyone able to get a game against Vladimir? He looks ridiculous.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    blaaaargh

Servers were down all day - they came up before I left for work and now I get home and they are down again.

So - was anyone able to get a game against Vladimir? He looks ridiculous.

the issue with him is that his spells all cost his health, and for them to be effective he has to be really close range where he can't always afford to give up 20% of his health for one spell.

I still want to unlock him :P

unintentional on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I played AS him, actually. and with him.

he's, ok. definitely not ridiculous.

I seem to do worse when I play with you guys!! It might be because of the PRESSURE, but it is probably because I am against way higher-level folks

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I seem to do worse when I play with you guys!! It might be because of the PRESSURE, but it is probably because I am against way higher-level folks

yes this is irritating

it's still way more fun to play with you guys than with random folk though!

unintentional on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

yes this is irritating

it's still way more fun to play with you guys than with random folk though!

Vlad is a really, really nice lane buddy to have. Haven't played as him, but man, he's fun to lane with.

An aside. Just did a 3v5. I was on the team of 3. We won. I love this game.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I'd heard the EU servers were gunna be down from 2AM UK time today, but you know that was probably this morning. Maybe the servers are all overloaded from all the people getting on to play Vlad because he's awesome. Now I'm sort of regretting not getting his Marquis skin. It looked sort of silly, but it would be kind of cool too.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I played a little as vlad, he is definately strong but he is no xin zhao. The whole health-as-mana thing is throwing me off but I really like him. Sanguine pool is fun times.

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I might save up for him after I buy ashe

unintentional on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vlad is cool, but needs some work I think. He doesn't do a whole lot of damage and he's made of wet tissue paper

His ult kinda sucks (2 minute cooldown for a damage spell that does less than Zilean's timebomb), but his W is bangin' (it does AoE damage and AoE slow, and it makes Vlad invincible).

I think a low-damage but good utility build would be HP + CDR. He never dies.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it would help if they amped up the damage on his spells a bit, upped the ability power modifiers, maybe made him receive more of the damage he does as health with is Q, etc.

He gets pretty good by mid, and by the end he's really useful, but in the beginning he's really not the best.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vlad on Vlad violence is an exercise in frustration

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Played a game where there was a vlad on each team.

He was hard to focus fire because he as soon as he took damage he would sink into sanguine pool, slowing us and getting out of range.

This was a pubbie so of course we couldn't coordinate to stun/silence him while focusing him.

Once I got used to his tricks though he wasn't any harder to kill and didn't seem any more dangerous than the others champs on the field.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zoel wrote: »
    I have a really hard time entering team fights as Tristiana. It seems like I always end up getting focused while the other teams trist or squishy carry manages to stay out of range. I'm not really sure how to set up so that i'm able to do damage but not going to get chased down by a xin or w/e

I've never played Tristiana, but from a melee point of view, I can offer only this advice. Though it may seem like a good idea, refrain from using that move where you knock them up and back. Too many times now a Tristiana player has made what would've been a guaranteed kill get away.

in a team fight yeah you generally don't want to use the r unless it's full on retreat time

vlad kind of sucks because whether or not he's any good depends on team composition
    His ult kinda sucks (2 minute cooldown for a damage spell that does less than Zilean's timebomb), but his W is bangin' (it does AoE damage and AoE slow, and it makes Vlad invincible).

his ult isn't supposed to do face-damage. It increases the damage everyone does to the target(s) for five seconds by 12/16/20%

Compared to the baron buff which is just a straight 40 ap and 40 damage his r is basically going to be as good as that for any hero that can make a 200 damage attack

so yeah heavily dependent on team composition

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But combo it with a nunu ultimate or a poppy using her ultimate on somebody for total bonus of 60% damage and it could be the gayest thing imaginable

poppy could deathfire for like 80% of their health

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Carson VendettaCarson Vendetta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    riot announced that starting friday it'll be a double ip weekend. also -30% cost on the ip/ xp boosts for sale in the store

Carson Vendetta on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    riot announced that starting friday it'll be a double ip weekend. also -30% cost on the ip/ xp boosts for sale in the store

cool beans

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have a really hard time entering team fights as Tristiana. It seems like I always end up getting focused while the other teams trist or squishy carry manages to stay out of range. I'm not really sure how to set up so that i'm able to do damage but not going to get chased down by a xin or w/e

I've never played Tristiana, but from a melee point of view, I can offer only this advice. Though it may seem like a good idea, refrain from using that move where you knock them up and back. Too many times now a Tristiana player has made what would've been a guaranteed kill get away.

in a team fight yeah you generally don't want to use the r unless it's full on retreat time

vlad kind of sucks because whether or not he's any good depends on team composition

his ult isn't supposed to do face-damage. It increases the damage everyone does to the target(s) for five seconds by 12/16/20%

Compared to the baron buff which is just a straight 40 ap and 40 damage his r is basically going to be as good as that for any hero that can make a 200 damage attack

so yeah heavily dependent on team composition

Oh hey didn't notice that! In that case, things are in order

But he isn't wowing me at the moment. He kind of reminds me of Ashe

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just went 19-1-8 with Vladmir

Their team was... not good

Was so broken up about that death towards the end of the game

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Ok, so I like playing an aggressive Cho'Gath. None of this stacking-hp crap for me. While I do well, I've been unable to find a good item set. Any suggestions? I've been getting stuff with mana and AP and pretty much owning face but I feel I could be doing better. Thoughts?

Hi so no one answered me. :(

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, so I like playing an aggressive Cho'Gath. None of this stacking-hp crap for me. While I do well, I've been unable to find a good item set. Any suggestions? I've been getting stuff with mana and AP and pretty much owning face but I feel I could be doing better. Thoughts?

Hi so no one answered me. :(

Rod/Rylais/whatever AP is a nice Tanky/AP hybrid build

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vlad's e ability if you stack AP is fucking broken as shit

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Whoever said Fortify was a worthless summoner ability is dumb as hell. I am watching three guys chain that shit long enough for everyone to respawn and then rush all the way back to the opposite base.

In fact they are probably going to win just because of Fortify.

e: they did

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    aced twice and it didn't matter because of fortify ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    on the plus side when their minions swarmed our nexus I got a lot of gold (that I was never able to spend because we lost right then)

unintentional on
  • Options
    kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    why didnt you guys fake push to force a fortify, the cooldown is rather long on that spell.

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Whoever said Fortify was a worthless summoner ability is dumb as hell. I am watching three guys chain that shit long enough for everyone to respawn and then rush all the way back to the opposite base.

are you sure it isn't because you're posting in the middle of a game

it's real time you know

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    kabuki64 wrote: »
    why didnt you guys fake push to force a fortify, the cooldown is rather long on that spell.

we did. then when it ran out we did it again.

then when it ran out we did it again.

then when it ran out we did it again.

then they were alive again

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    we did do that a few times, but when we were on the defensive it is kind of hard to fake push

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

are you sure it isn't because you're posting in the middle of a game

it's real time you know

nah i was watching my brother play with Faynor and Unintentional and some other dudes.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So the champ kill score was

Us: 33
    Them: 75

They lost.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

They lost.

yikes

how long did that game go on for

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

They lost.

yikes

how long did that game go on for

A little over an hour. They managed to destroy 1 inhibitor, and only the tower guarding it. Somehow we just came back.
    I'm calling this effect the "Rammus-Rally", because, Rammus, as the awesome ability to completely reverse a push once he's gear right

It ended with me soloing their Nexus while four of them wailed on me. Rammus defensive ball curl is way overpowered, 4 people should be able to focus kill him.
    The round lasted long enough for me to rock 2x Warmog's Armor, Sunfire Cape, Thornmail, and a chalice of harmony. I couldn't believe it when I bought the second Warmog's

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So, I finally have 3150 IP, and I don't know who to buy. I'm pretty sure I want to get Cho'gath before Warwick, but now I can't decide if I want Mordekaiser or not.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Always play a hero before buying them

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I never played Vladmir and I own!!!!!

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Do not listen to Faynor

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I didn't play as Veigar, Kog'Maw, or Vlad before I got them. They being the only three heroes I have so far.

Edit: How convenient, the upcoming free heroes includes both Mordekaiser and Cho'gath.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Anyone have any Amumu tips? I just can't seem to figure out how to progress him at all.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone have any Amumu tips? I just can't seem to figure out how to progress him at all.

my brother plays amumu, almost exclusively, start with doran's shield, lvl 1 boots, Rod of ages, and the rest of the items depends on the team your up against, like sunfire capes vs heavy melee, or force of nature vs casters. Make sure to max out tantrum followed by tears, always go for golem buff as soon as your able, and to gank just walk up to them and tantrum spam along with tears and save bandage toss for when they run away followed by ult.

Also you can use bandage toss on enemy and neutral minions to get away easier since you can go through walls with it, except for the ghosts in the middle you cant pull yourself through the wall with them.

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
This discussion has been closed.