As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Deelock turns [CHAT] today!

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I never use any of the additional little whozits on my Intuos...just the tablet area.

And Mustang - I always end up with a pair of sneakers lying around because I think "oh, I can use these old ones to go hiking in, and keep my new shoes clean"....and I always end up lying to myself because the new shoes just feel too damn nice to take off.

NightDragon on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm the same way, I get sentimental with old objects and pack them away. I got rid of a ton of stuff during my last move, but still have entirely too much.

Man... now I want to slow down a lot of my favorite songs 8x, just to see if they sound anything like this. I can't believe I'm listening to beiber *cringe*

Prospicience on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4355105&id=85702494880&ref=fbx_album

That big mound of dirt in the distance is the landfill gas recovery plant here in Winder. D:

MKR on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I use the touchstrips on the cintiq at work and my intuos at home near constantly. I set it up to change brush size.

Wassermelone on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i started drawing on paper again today

go me

earthwormadam on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

go me

What is Pa Per?

PROX on
    edited August 2010
    PROX wrote: »

go me

What is Pa Per?

They tear trees down, grind them up, mix them up with water and other stuff, then press it on heated felt. Then they bind up a number of pages and sell it.

MKR on
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »

go me

What is Pa Per?

They tear trees down, grind them up, mix them up with water and other stuff, then press it on heated felt. Then they bind up a number of pages and sell it.

That sounds horrible. Those poor trees.

PROX on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know, that stuff that gives you the stingy cuts.

earthwormadam on
    edited August 2010
    Fun fact: One of the few things I remember from school is how to make paper. They had someone come in with some felt, tree pulp, and a press and had us make paper.

MKR on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Fun fact: One of the few things I remember from school is how to make paper. They had someone come in with some felt, tree pulp, and a press and had us make paper.

As every person should, it's a survival skill. If you're out in the wilderness and all you have are trees, you can create a crude form of paper money which can be used to create a simple economy, thus allowing you to purchase goods and services related to getting out of the wilderness.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited August 2010
    The other thing we learned is how to cheat. We had a contest where each class tried to get the most paper together for some recycling drive.

One of the students had a dad who was high up in a local newspaper. We had a truckload of "used" newspaper delivered.

We won, but everyone knew.

:(

MKR on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

As every person should, it's a survival skill. If you're out in the wilderness and all you have are trees, you can create a crude form of paper money which can be used to create a simple economy, thus allowing you to purchase goods and services related to getting out of the wilderness.

I'd just use leaves since I'm all pragmatic like that, but I think the inflation might get a bit out of hand.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Acorns would be better, but you'd have to commit to a war with the squirrels for the balance of power.

Mustang on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Today I worked 10-9, tomorrow I work 7-9. I'm tired.
    The worst part is, my 350lb lazy ass roommate has been on unemployment for more than a year, getting paid more a week than I do while he plays WoW and SC2 all goddamn day while NOT doing his dishes and posting on facebook about how he's "losing weight" by "being more active" and "eating better" even though the dude eats a full pack of hotdogs a day and makes absolutely no effort to either save his free money for a car or get a job. Instead he spends his money on boxes of Magic cards. And here I am working my tail off so people like him can exploit the system and continue to get extensions on getting paid to do absolutely nothing. I can't wait for the lease to go up in October, the douche head.

melting_doll on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'd use the money to pre-order the next first-party Nintendo title. Did I mention the first thing I built in my wilderness civilization was a Gamestop? I'm just sick of only getting four 'Filyaw Bucks' for 'Survivor: Where the hell are we?' on my trade in. Did any of that make sense?

HugmasterGeneral on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The worst part is, my 350lb lazy ass roommate has been on unemployment for more than a year, getting paid more a week than I do while he plays WoW and SC2 all goddamn day while NOT doing his dishes and posting on facebook about how he's "losing weight" by "being more active" and "eating better" even though the dude eats a full pack of hotdogs a day and makes absolutely no effort to either save his free money for a car or get a job. Instead he spends his money on boxes of Magic cards. I can't wait for the lease to go up in October, the douche head.

Magic is an investment.

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited August 2010
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    The worst part is, my 350lb lazy ass roommate has been on unemployment for more than a year, getting paid more a week than I do while he plays WoW and SC2 all goddamn day while NOT doing his dishes and posting on facebook about how he's "losing weight" by "being more active" and "eating better" even though the dude eats a full pack of hotdogs a day and makes absolutely no effort to either save his free money for a car or get a job. Instead he spends his money on boxes of Magic cards. I can't wait for the lease to go up in October, the douche head.

Magic is an investment.

I am filled terrible terrible anger. I'm bustin my ass to find a way to make a livin. Rents gonna break me and every month is gonna be mad dash for any sort of cash.

PROX on
    edited August 2010

Magic is an investment.

I am filled terrible terrible anger. I'm bustin my ass to find a way to make a livin. Rents gonna break me and every month is gonna be mad dash for any sort of cash.

I've decided that if I run out of money, all I need is a laptop with wifi and my bamboo, and I'll be alright. I'll beg for change and deposit into my bank to keep my web hosting account live (it's only about 5 bucks a month for hosting, 10 bucks a year for domain.)

I'll sleep with my laptop between my thighs, so I know no one will go near it. I will also just start walking west until I get to Seattle (2764 miles) where I'll hunker down behind the Penny-Arcade building and leech their wi-fi to post my own comics. It's gonna be epic.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Having spent three + years working as a cashier and seeing what kind of crap people buy with food stamp money and living with someone who lives off unemployment has made me into an extremely bitter human being. I have no faith in the System, because there are SO many people that exploit it. Probably more than those that don't.

melting_doll on
    edited August 2010
    Government cheese fattening up the lazy bums.

If i didnt have this low paying job I could be making more money! What kind of logic is that?

PROX on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm just starting unemployment in a couple weeks, but I've been working my ass off trying to get any job. I've sent out 85 applications/resumes and followed up on about 30% of them (only 30% because many of them were online). It's more than a bit disturbing that your roomate is doing that though...

Prospicience on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a problem getting jobs. I never have a problem holding jobs.

Just getting them.

I lack motivation.

I worked as a cashier at a convenience/liquor store for a long time though, and I totally get where MD is coming from. Truly though, a stereotype is a stereotype, and lumping any group of people together is unproductive and unfair.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited August 2010
    Government cheese fattening up the lazy bums.

Don't you talk shit about government cheese!
    Government cheese is fucking delicious.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited August 2010
    Our national debt is increasing so much!

pwwease shtop digging.

PROX on
    edited August 2010
    Government cheese + government macaroni

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited August 2010
    DDV knows whats up.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited August 2010
    I've worked for the same company for 15 years. I think I might be institutionalized.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realised that 15 year olds have been alive as long as I have worked here.....that's a long ass time.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    at least you have a 9 to 5

PROX on
    edited August 2010
    I'm currently unemployed because I'm batshit crazy. There was this one company I loved working at, everyone loved me, but I was just freaking out all the time. I have some sort of extreme anxiety disorder, where just about every task I perform that might have repercussions if I fail will just cause me to freeze like a stone. I did manage to find a job that didn't make me hyperventilate every minute of every day, but 3 weeks after I started, they laid everyone off. (Even the migrant workers!)

There's pills for what I got, but I can't affords 'em! Still looking for that menial data-entry position that won't make me want to jump out a window in a fight or flight response.

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited August 2010
    9 to 5 is pretty great. Though I'm more 8-5....but still, makes life a lot easier.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    I'm currently unemployed because I'm batshit crazy. There was this one company I loved working at, everyone loved me, but I was just freaking out all the time. I have some sort of extreme anxiety disorder, where just about every task I perform that might have repercussions if I fail will just cause me to freeze like a stone. I did manage to find a job that didn't make me hyperventilate every minute of every day, but 3 weeks after I started, they laid everyone off. (Even the migrant workers!)

There's pills for what I got, but I can't affords 'em! Still looking for that menial data-entry position that won't make me want to jump out a window in a fight or flight response.

Wait, are you my wife? No you can't be, she doesn't have a webcomic. Or does she?

Seriously my wife has the same anxiety thing going on, I love her, but man is she a financial nightmare. We're having a kid soon, so it doesn't really matter and she's seeing a shrink once a month now, so I'm hoping she'll be kicking goals when she's ready to go back to work.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    Mustang wrote: »

Wait, are you my wife? No you can't be, she doesn't have a webcomic. Or does she?

Seriously my wife has the same anxiety thing going on, I love her, but man is she a financial nightmare. We're having a kid soon, so it doesn't really matter and she's seeing a shrink once a month now, so I'm hoping she'll be kicking goals when she's ready to go back to work.

Why won't you make love to me with the lights on?

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited August 2010
    Because in the dark I can pretend you are that hot chick who models at Designed by Humans.
    imagination_m_f_detail.png?1239138724

So hot!

Mustang on
  • Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    <_<
    >_>
    I'm not going to tell him, it would hurt too much.

Agent Coleman on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Awwww shiieeet. Scott Pilgrim was AWESOME!

TheBog on
    edited August 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    Because in the dark I can pretend you are that hot chick who models at Designed by Humans.
    imagination_m_f_detail.png?1239138724

So hot!

For some reason, I frikkin' love the guy I picked to model for my zazzle.com shirts (only one for now. Bleh, gotta add more designs.) He reminds me of Jonathan Coulton.

modela.jpg

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited August 2010
    Second place in another little tournament. That was a close game.

If I could place second every game I could do this for a living.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TheBog wrote: »
    Awwww shiieeet. Scott Pilgrim was AWESOME!

Too bad it's getting hammered at the box office.

Should have had M. Night write and direct it.

Fugitive on
    edited August 2010
    :lol: Turns out Scott was dead the whole time.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
This discussion has been closed.