As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fantasy sports thread: Talk about your teams, ask for trade advice, etc

1171819202123»

• Options
    tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm... Yahoo doesn't seem to be updating. My matchup screen isn't showing any stats for Howard and Lewis. The past couple of nights the matchup screen showed all stats earned (including that night's).

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tinyfist wrote: »
    Hmm... Yahoo doesn't seem to be updating. My matchup screen isn't showing any stats for Howard and Lewis. The past couple of nights the matchup screen showed all stats earned (including that night's).

Yeah, I think it should be. Maybe they're just having a problem right now. The stattracker thing is still working right, so you can use that if you want.

Cauld on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I definitely paid attention to who plays games when before the D&D fantasy basketball draft. It didn't wind up affecting my draft really, but I slightly prioritize the guys who play a lot of thursday games. Winds up being more games played over the course of a year, especially because normally teams that play thursday don't play wed/fri the same week.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, it seems like yahoo isn't updating the matchup page until the games are done for the day. The totals on the my team page appear to be pretty much current, though.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    got offered KG and CP3 for kevin martin and amare. i KNOW its idiotic to consider but kevin martin could easily get injured, i got him in like the 8th round, and CP3 is a top 3 fantasy guy. id basically be trading a gamble and a 2nd rounder for a top 3 and a unspectacular, low ceiling injury risk. i'm wondering if i should counter with maybe gallinari in place of amare? any ideas

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    got offered KG and CP3 for kevin martin and amare. i KNOW its idiotic to consider but kevin martin could easily get injured, i got him in like the 8th round, and CP3 is a top 3 fantasy guy. id basically be trading a gamble and a 2nd rounder for a top 3 and a unspectacular, low ceiling injury risk. i'm wondering if i should counter with maybe gallinari in place of amare? any ideas

If you're getting CP3, do it. Martin/Amare for CP3 alone would be a reasonable trade.

Martin getting hurt is practically a given. Amare's game will pick up a bit, but I don't expect him to be the 57% FG beast he was in PHX with Nash. Before Nash he was a 23/9 guy who shot 47-50%, that's about what I expect from him in NY with Felton.

I'm not so sure I wouldn't take KG over Martin straight up, injuries aside. Martin's FG% consistently resides in chucker-land these days, and unlike KG I expect Martin's TO to stay high all year. KG should get his ballhandling issues sorted soon, his current Ast and TO numbers are both abnormally bad compared to where they've been as a Celtic. Additionally, none of Shaq, JON, or Big Baby right now are the rebounders that Perkins was last year, so Garnett could stay up around 9-10 Reb all year.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Slider wrote: »
    I picked up Steve Johnson of the Bills and immediately traded him off to a guy in my league for Cedric Benson. Maybe I should have tried to get a QB...

LMAO. Steve Johnson is legit.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Slider wrote: »
    I picked up Steve Johnson of the Bills and immediately traded him off to a guy in my league for Cedric Benson. Maybe I should have tried to get a QB...

LMAO. Steve Johnson is legit.

Benson's legit too, he's on pace for 1250 rushing yards and has 3 TDs in 7 games.

Though you have to wonder - if the other owner needed a WR, why didn't they just drop someone for Johnson themselves? Of if Benson is the worst player on their roster, but if that were true they've got the league sewn up anyways.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    To keep from spamming the NFL thread:
    Tank Johnson 91.50
    Norman Redwolves 7.80
    as an update to a prior post in that thread. I don't know what is going on.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i accepted that CP3 trade from above, i think i'm pretty happy with it. KG's 18-15 yesterday helps. but now the question is... do i drop baron davis for eric bledsoe? or beno udrih? or sit tight. i don't want to get stuck with baron's fat ass if he ends up any deeper in the doghouse, and have had someone else scoop bledsoe

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'd try to trade Baron for something first, but if I couldn't I'd definitely drop him for Udrih. Bledsoe's playing well now, but Baron's going to be back eventually, and so is Foye.

Udrih is a guy I targeted in all leagues, very underrated. What's his Ast/TO ratio right now, like 5/1? Good %s too. And maybe most importantly, absolutely no challengers for PT at the PG spot in SAC.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh, sorry I was unclear. I have Udrih already. Yeah it doesn't look like i really make any moves, since no one good is available. i need Kaman to actually be considered "out" not DTD so i can pick up a replacement center... the clippers are so bad it's actually infecting my fantasy team

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's how curses go.

And by curses I mean real curses, like the Clippers and the Lions where the team sucks and half of it gets injured every year, not phony ones like the Red Sox where they still make the playoffs every year of the "curse".

BubbaT on
  • Options
    clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wow....

PA 2006 Champs 168.15
    Crushasaurus Rex 139.00

how often does 139 points fail to give you the win in a Fantasy Football matchup?

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546