Constructive use of free time.

SimplejaySimplejay Registered User
edited August 2010 in Artist's Corner
A bit of Automa fanart, which i was to lazy to colour, enjoy.

automa.jpg

Simplejay on

• edited July 2010
    Nice control of value and clean brushwork.

Your structure is solid but their is no life in this pose. It needs more rhythm! Even if it is a robot.

(Good job subduing Regal in the back ground as well.)

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
  • JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I agree with Urantia. It looks like his right arm should be pulled back a little more, so it's a it more behind his head. Also, and this may just be personal preference, I'd say open up his left hand instead of a fist. If he's just walking, there's no reason he's have it clenched.

Either way, it looks pretty awesome. I love the lighting.

JLM-AWP on
  • ThinkjunkThinkjunk Registered User
    edited July 2010
    That head is fantastic.

Thinkjunk on
  • SimplejaySimplejay Registered User
    edited July 2010
    I had the right further back and around, but i found the angles clashing, the left originally had a flashlight which i played around with, im signing off on it though, now everything on it annoys me, that gun needs reference, the chest needs re proportioning, and that bloody right arm :P

automa.jpg

Simplejay on
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ungh, sorry I deleted that paintover, it was done on a crap monitor and I only just realised how much of a fail it was.

Anyway, the forearm definately needs shortening, and maybe a little rotation forward.

Mustang on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I like the contrast of detail between the head and the background. Well done.

MereHappenstance on
  • pineappleherbpineappleherb Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    damn i really like the new one, although i do think the right arm is still too prominent

pineappleherb on