As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Constructive use of free time.

SimplejaySimplejay Registered User new member
edited August 2010 in Artist's Corner
A bit of Automa fanart, which i was to lazy to colour, enjoy.

automa.jpg

Simplejay on

• UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited July 2010
    Nice control of value and clean brushwork.

Your structure is solid but their is no life in this pose. It needs more rhythm! Even if it is a robot.

(Good job subduing Regal in the back ground as well.)

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
  • JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I agree with Urantia. It looks like his right arm should be pulled back a little more, so it's a it more behind his head. Also, and this may just be personal preference, I'd say open up his left hand instead of a fist. If he's just walking, there's no reason he's have it clenched.

Either way, it looks pretty awesome. I love the lighting.

JLM-AWP on
  • ThinkjunkThinkjunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That head is fantastic.

Thinkjunk on
  • SimplejaySimplejay Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I had the right further back and around, but i found the angles clashing, the left originally had a flashlight which i played around with, im signing off on it though, now everything on it annoys me, that gun needs reference, the chest needs re proportioning, and that bloody right arm :P

automa.jpg

Simplejay on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ungh, sorry I deleted that paintover, it was done on a crap monitor and I only just realised how much of a fail it was.

Anyway, the forearm definately needs shortening, and maybe a little rotation forward.

Mustang on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I like the contrast of detail between the head and the background. Well done.

MereHappenstance on
  • pineappleherbpineappleherb Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    damn i really like the new one, although i do think the right arm is still too prominent

pineappleherb on